More Blood on the Hands of the NRA; 1...

More Blood on the Hands of the NRA; 12 Dead in Colorado

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
JTY

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 20, 2012
More deaths caused by the lack of gun control laws - US leads the world in the rate of shooting deaths, and also has the loosest gun control laws.

Coincidence? No - even a child can make the connection.

“Celebrate Liberty and Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

Mpls

#2 Jul 20, 2012
More violence and rage from PP and Hollywood.
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 20, 2012
JTY wrote:
More deaths caused by the lack of gun control laws - US leads the world in the rate of shooting deaths, and also has the loosest gun control laws.
Coincidence? No - even a child can make the connection.
You couldn't think yourself out of a paper bag.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Are you for real? These deaths were the sole responsibility of the animal who pulled the trigger.
And get your own moniker.
Fred

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 20, 2012
JTY wrote:
More deaths caused by the lack of gun control laws
Really? Your assumption is that if there were tighter registration and/or restrictions on guns that this would not have happened?

Bullshit.
antmakeitup

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jul 20, 2012
cantmakeitup wrote:
Are you for real? These deaths were the sole responsibility of the animal who pulled the trigger.
And get your own moniker.
You're correct! An animal who had access to a gun!
Toidi Slayer

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Maybe a couple of NRA members with carry permits could have helped the situation.
My Thoughts

United States

#8 Jul 20, 2012
earch

By Jenny McCartney Last Updated: 5:02PM BST 27/07/2008

Fri 20 Jul 2012 Updated 7 mins ago

Home » News » Our attitude to violence is beyond a joke as new Batman film, The Dark Knight, shows

The new Batman film reaches new levels of brutality, so why are we letting children watch it? Jenny McCartney looks at a society seduced by sadism.

If I were 10 years old, would I be badgering my parents to take me to see the new Batman film, The Dark Knight? You bet I would. It's the latest and biggest release in the superhero genre, which children instantly understand as a direct appeal to their special interests.
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jul 20, 2012
JTY wrote:
More deaths caused by the lack of gun control laws - US leads the world in the rate of shooting deaths, and also has the loosest gun control laws.
Coincidence? No - even a child can make the connection.
Out of all the witnesses there all of them described the killer as a white male. None of them described the killer as a gun. If you take the lunitic out of the equation the shooting would have never happened. Maybe if our culture didn't breed monsters like this there wouldn't be a problem.
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 20, 2012
JTY wrote:
More deaths caused by the lack of gun control laws - US leads the world in the rate of shooting deaths, and also has the loosest gun control laws.
Coincidence? No - even a child can make the connection.
All of his guns were legally purchased too so it's not like he got them off the street or anything.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 20, 2012
folks forget. there are a ton of gun laws on the books already. say about at least 200 of them if one does a search.
plus, even if he did not have any firearms. he still most likely would have found a way to murder all those victims of his. say like at least one molotov cocktail. or some other weapon.
.
.
as one of my friends tends to say. if they ban firearms. does that mean we get to use our swords?

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

#12 Jul 20, 2012
Blaming the NRA for this shooting is like blaming AAA for car accidents. There is always room in China if you don't like it here.

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

#13 Jul 20, 2012
JTY wrote:
More deaths caused by the lack of gun control laws - US leads the world in the rate of shooting deaths, and also has the loosest gun control laws.
Coincidence? No - even a child can make the connection.
You are right. Only a childish mind would make that connection.
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 20, 2012
JTY wrote:
More deaths caused by the lack of gun control laws - US leads the world in the rate of shooting deaths, and also has the loosest gun control laws.
Coincidence? No - even a child can make the connection.
Maybe we should ban cars since people get into accidents with them. I think it was thomas jefferson who said "you cant sacrifice liberty for security and if you do you deserve neither". The point is bad shit happens in life and there is no way of stopping it. You can't stop fate.
Anon

Falls Church, VA

#15 Jul 21, 2012
When will guns be regulated in this country? When someone goes on a shooting rampage at NRA offices?
Laughing Slew

Kent, WA

#16 Jul 21, 2012
space ace wrote:
<quoted text>Out of all the witnesses there all of them described the killer as a white male. None of them described the killer as a gun. If you take the lunitic out of the equation the shooting would have never happened. Maybe if our culture didn't breed monsters like this there wouldn't be a problem.
Seems, it was a collaborative effort or is your theory the religious NUT JOB, could just yell BANG BANG ??? Poor fools, blame the shooter, WHO NEEDED THE GUN or nothing happens...
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#17 Jul 21, 2012
Laughing Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Seems, it was a collaborative effort or is your theory the religious NUT JOB, could just yell BANG BANG ??? Poor fools, blame the shooter, WHO NEEDED THE GUN or nothing happens...
Fuching toidi,

Go away and take the ride to the light before your Psycopathic Personality causes you to be the next Sexualy Deviated whack job that Amerika has created!
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#19 Jul 21, 2012
I think you mean religious wing nut job...
digger

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jul 21, 2012
Anon wrote:
When will guns be regulated in this country? When someone goes on a shooting rampage at NRA offices?
Here's a clue, OK? There are already tens of thousands of gun regulations in every state and the federal gov't. Most of them call for stiff prison terms if you violate them.

The problem is, is that most prosecutors AND judges plea-bargain down these types of charges, then the so-called judge hands down a chicken-chit sentance.

That's not JUSTICE. That's a corrupt system that needs REFORMING.

Problem is, this guy bought all of his stuff legally. I don't know how he did it, since he was on unemployment, drove a "loser" car, lived in a lousy apartment. Buying all of those guns, ammo, body armor, etc. wasn't cheap, I can assure you.

My guess about this guy, is that he had $100K PLUS in student loans that he knew he could never repay, he couldn't find a job, even though he was very smart, his unemployment was about to run out and he knew he couldn't apply for SSI disability, and he knew that his future job prospects where extremely slim, especially with obamacare kicking in full throttle soon, where it limits what doctors are paid, regardless of skills, experience, hours worked, or success. He didn't have any money to take out a nice woman on a real date, or he feared rejection, so he put out his profile on "dating sites", with some strange descriptions and photos.

He saw a situation where there was no way out. He felt that the "system" quit on him, even though he had put in a lot of hard work, but nobody would ever reward him for it. He obviously was not a stupid person. He planned this out very well. I could never imagine coming up with such an evil, diabolical crime.

But, given his education, he obviously was well schooled in chemistry, probably electronics, he knew how to solve problems, and he knew, given his "clean" past, that he would be under the radar of all of our national security and law enforcement mechanisms designed to stop such a threat. I mean, who ever heard of a "doctor" going "postal", like THIS??

It's a miracle that many more weren't killed, given his weapons and planning. I'm glad that Colorado still has the death penalty.
Since I doubt that he can claim an "insanity" or "schizo" defense, I hope that the state of Colorado vigorously pursues a death penalty, and if found guilty, it is carried out soon. It's time to send a strong message to these mass murderers, it will not be tolerated, and you WILL get the "maximum" sentance. I am a bit surprised that he didn't kill himself, or commit "suicide by cop".
Every law enforcement agency will pick his brain apart, despite his high IQ.

Still, I don't see how anybody can call this guy a "conservative" or a "gun nut". He didn't own ANY guns until he came up with this
diabolical idea. Given his education, he could have just as well built a huge bomb, and we know that, because of all of the booby traps he set at his apartment.
Fred

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jul 21, 2012
digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a clue, OK? There are already tens of thousands of gun regulations in every state and the federal gov't. Most of them call for stiff prison terms if you violate them.
The problem is, is that most prosecutors AND judges plea-bargain down these types of charges, then the so-called judge hands down a chicken-chit sentance.
That's not JUSTICE. That's a corrupt system that needs REFORMING.
Problem is, this guy bought all of his stuff legally. I don't know how he did it, since he was on unemployment, drove a "loser" car, lived in a lousy apartment. Buying all of those guns, ammo, body armor, etc. wasn't cheap, I can assure you.
My guess about this guy, is that he had $100K PLUS in student loans that he knew he could never repay, he couldn't find a job, even though he was very smart, his unemployment was about to run out and he knew he couldn't apply for SSI disability, and he knew that his future job prospects where extremely slim, especially with obamacare kicking in full throttle soon, where it limits what doctors are paid, regardless of skills, experience, hours worked, or success. He didn't have any money to take out a nice woman on a real date, or he feared rejection, so he put out his profile on "dating sites", with some strange descriptions and photos.
He saw a situation where there was no way out. He felt that the "system" quit on him, even though he had put in a lot of hard work, but nobody would ever reward him for it. He obviously was not a stupid person. He planned this out very well. I could never imagine coming up with such an evil, diabolical crime.
But, given his education, he obviously was well schooled in chemistry, probably electronics, he knew how to solve problems, and he knew, given his "clean" past, that he would be under the radar of all of our national security and law enforcement mechanisms designed to stop such a threat. I mean, who ever heard of a "doctor" going "postal", like THIS??
It's a miracle that many more weren't killed, given his weapons and planning. I'm glad that Colorado still has the death penalty.
Since I doubt that he can claim an "insanity" or "schizo" defense, I hope that the state of Colorado vigorously pursues a death penalty, and if found guilty, it is carried out soon. It's time to send a strong message to these mass murderers, it will not be tolerated, and you WILL get the "maximum" sentance. I am a bit surprised that he didn't kill himself, or commit "suicide by cop".
Every law enforcement agency will pick his brain apart, despite his high IQ.
Still, I don't see how anybody can call this guy a "conservative" or a "gun nut". He didn't own ANY guns until he came up with this
diabolical idea. Given his education, he could have just as well built a huge bomb, and we know that, because of all of the booby traps he set at his apartment.
Excellent analysis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's America 10 hr TAAM 85
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 15 hr litesong 35,554
Nice was isis Jul 20 haha 2
Crooked hillary bribes officials Jul 20 Phineas 17
News Father Of Fatally Shot 2-Year-Old Arrested Jul 20 Pope Benedicktum 19
News Spouses have bathroom privacy rights, Minnesota... (Mar '10) Jul 19 Phineas 40
More Police Shootings Jul 17 LIbEralS 2

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages