Minneapolis Mayor to Decline Bid for 2024 Summer Olympics

Feb 21, 2013 Full story: KSTP

Minneapolis won't submit a bid to host the 2024 Summer Olympics after all. The United States Olympic Committee sent out letters to 35 cities this week inviting them to bid on the summer games, but Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak has decided to officially decline the opportunity, according to Kristen Montag of Meet Minneapolis.

Full Story
AntiMelting

United States

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Don't blame him. Would be terrible for a city on the Federal dole to show it's Detroit-like areas. The gangbangers would have a field day with tourists.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#2 Feb 21, 2013
Where is Rudy Perpich when you really need him?
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 21, 2013
That's because rt rybak is a limp wristed, flaccid, politician. He THINKS that he will have some really great "job offers" soon, but he is not a nationally marketable politician.

What he is, is a really corruptible politician, who never admits a mistake, who hasn't accomplished ANYTHING to brag about, who has wasted TONS of taxpayers dollars, and who fails to apologize to a single soul.
goose

Hopkins, MN

#4 Feb 22, 2013
digger wrote:
That's because rt rybak is a limp wristed, flaccid, politician. He THINKS that he will have some really great "job offers" soon, but he is not a nationally marketable politician.
What he is, is a really corruptible politician, who never admits a mistake, who hasn't accomplished ANYTHING to brag about, who has wasted TONS of taxpayers dollars, and who fails to apologize to a single soul.
In other words, an upstanding lefty.
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 22, 2013
AntiMelting wrote:
Don't blame him. Would be terrible for a city on the Federal dole to show it's Detroit-like areas. The gangbangers would have a field day with tourists.
the firt smart decision this liberal has made. the olympics, just like the united nations worthless.

saves the tax payers billions of dollars, yes GODD call, no olympics in Minnesota.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr IBdaMann 33,269
How do I explain this to my black students? 4 hr Sqandered taxdollars 17
Ferguson rioters destroy businesses, police car... 9 hr Stephen Hawking 12
Thanks Black People For The Entertainment 9 hr T Martin 2
CNN Reporter Stops Rock With Head 9 hr Letsgohoyas 2
Burn Diss Place Down 9 hr Diss 4
Stupid CNN Comments 9 hr Diss 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search