First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Cardinals wk1

Ankeny, IA

#1 Sep 10, 2012
Arizona Cardinals Defeat Seattle Seahawks; Kevin Kolb Temporarily Replaces Tim Tebow as Football Jesus

By Matthew Hendley Mon., Sep. 10 2012 at 8:11 AM

For the last year, people have regarded Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb as so crappy that they're almost serious when they ask if Jamarcus Russell is still a free agent.

But when John Skelton went down yesterday in the fourth quarter, with the Cardinals down by three to the Seattle Seahawks, Kolb played like the former Jesus of Denver, Tim Tebow, and the Cardinals actually won.

After the Seahawks hit a field goal to break the 13-13 tie on the early side of the fourth quarter in Glendale, Skelton started off the drive by getting sacked, then completing a nice pass to Andre Roberts.

Skelton got hit by a couple guys after tossing the pass, and ended up injuring his leg. While someone was probably already in the process of engraving a tombstone with a death date of September 9, 2012 for this year's Cardinals, Kolb still had a chance to show everyone he wasn't a worthless bum.

In vintage Kolb form, his first pass was an extreme overthrow of Larry Fitzgerald.

His next pass, on second down, actually went to Fitzgerald for a first down.

The next pass was incomplete, but then he targeted Fitzgerald again -- good for 23 yards. After a holding penalty on the next play, Kolb tried to hit Roberts, and although they didn't connect, the Seahawks' cornerback was flagged for pass interference. No complaints here.

Kolb then hit Todd Heap for 11 yards and another first down, and two plays later, connected with Heap again for another first down.

Kolb hit LaRod Stephens-Howling on a short pass to get to the four yard line, and on the next play, Kolb hit Roberts in the endzone for six.

Sweet Jesus.
Cardinals wk1

Ankeny, IA

#2 Sep 10, 2012
The Seahawks still had a chance, though, as they got the ball down by four with just under five minutes left.

The Seahawks went right down the field -- with extra help from pass-interference calls on Patrick Peterson and William Gay -- as the Seahawks eventually got the ball on the six yard line with less than a minute to play.

Marshawn Lynch then ran the ball for two yards, and with 30 seconds left, the Seahawks took their fourth timeout.

Of course, teams don't get four timeouts in the NFL, and the Seahawks only got one because the replacement referees are garbage. After realizing they had just allowed the Seahawks to take a fourth timeout, the referees huddled and called people and huddled some more, presumably trying to figure out how to explain that one away without sounding like total jackasses. Their excuse still made them sound like jackasses, because they gave the Seahawks a fourth timeout.

With 30 seconds left, Seahawks rookie quarterback Russell Wilson still got three chances to advance the ball four yards to win the game.

That didn't happen.

Although Skelton was carted off the field after injuring his ankle, it was later described as a sprain. Any future quarterback controversy aside, it's party time. The Cardinals are undefeated through one.

----------
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/...
Cardinals wk2 intro

Ankeny, IA

#3 Sep 10, 2012
Cardinals at Patriots -13.5

The New England Patriots are heavily favored to win this game, and it's the right call. That said, the Arizona Cardinals won't lay down and let the home team have its way.

Last season, with much of the same pieces in place, the Cardinals stayed within 13.5 points of their opponents in 14 out of their 16 total games. This team is better on defense than many give it credit for, and given the Patriots' struggles on the offensive line, I expect to see Brady hit the turf quite a few times in Week 2.

The Patriots will win, but they won't blow out the Cardinals.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1329506-we...
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#4 Sep 10, 2012
okay, crassus you take care of this thread with current picks and what not,

I'm going to take a risk and say your cards cover but lose 42-31
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Tom Brady may be gay but he's hard to beat. Gay Tom is going to take this game for granted. The Card's are going to upset them 34-28.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#6 Sep 15, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
Tom Brady may be gay but he's hard to beat. Gay Tom is going to take this game for granted. The Card's are going to upset them 34-28.
Wow, I never realized you had responded till now, sorry for such a late response time.

The line is Patriots -13.5

I would definitely bet against the line

I would like to say though outside of Fitzgerald what is the Arizona offense composed of? The QB sucks, really they should pick up Sage Rosenfels and start him if they want to win. The defense may be underrated but against the patriots offense.

I personally, hate the patriots but I'm not sure I'd put much faith in the Cardinals this year. Then again you do have (.5) points this year and I have none....
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Sep 15, 2012
white guys cant jump and don't know nothing about football.
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Sep 15, 2012
redeemer wrote:
white guys cant jump and don't know nothing about football.
Stop being racists.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Sep 15, 2012
space ace wrote:
<quoted text> Stop being racists.
you rethuglicants are the racists.
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Sep 15, 2012
space ace wrote:
<quoted text> Stop being racists.
I'm not a republican. I'm an independent.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Sep 15, 2012
space ace wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not a republican. I'm an independent.
you talk to yourself? your name trolls? heheheh
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Sep 15, 2012
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
you talk to yourself? your name trolls? heheheh
Why are you on here if your not going to talk about football? Aren't you late for a drive-by anyway?
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 15, 2012
space ace wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you on here if your not going to talk about football? Aren't you late for a drive-by anyway?
more racist cracker talk
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Sep 16, 2012
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
more racist cracker talk
My post wasn't racist. Any race can be involved in a drive-by. I was calling you a thug. That has nothing to do with you being black. I've seen just as many asian and hispanic gangs as black one's. And then you have the nerve to call me racist while using the word cracker. what a hypocrite. BACK TO FOOTBALL.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#15 Sep 16, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
Damm good call on that Cardinals game CRASSUS! How did you know?
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#16 Sep 16, 2012
DSM Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I never realized you had responded till now, sorry for such a late response time.
The line is Patriots -13.5
I would definitely bet against the line
I would like to say though outside of Fitzgerald what is the Arizona offense composed of? The QB sucks, really they should pick up Sage Rosenfels and start him if they want to win. The defense may be underrated but against the patriots offense.
I personally, hate the patriots but I'm not sure I'd put much faith in the Cardinals this year. Then again you do have (.5) points this year and I have none....
I'm sorry. What were you saying?
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#17 Sep 16, 2012
Cardinals wk2 intro wrote:
Cardinals at Patriots -13.5
The New England Patriots are heavily favored to win this game, and it's the right call. That said, the Arizona Cardinals won't lay down and let the home team have its way.
Last season, with much of the same pieces in place, the Cardinals stayed within 13.5 points of their opponents in 14 out of their 16 total games. This team is better on defense than many give it credit for, and given the Patriots' struggles on the offensive line, I expect to see Brady hit the turf quite a few times in Week 2.
The Patriots will win, but they won't blow out the Cardinals.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1329506-we...
"But improbable? No question, since the Cardinals were 13 1/2 point underdogs, and the Patriots had never lost a home opener at Gillette Stadium."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/art...
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#18 Sep 16, 2012
Good Call CRASSUS, that miss by the N.E. kicker was amazing.

Also good call on the viking game.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#19 Sep 16, 2012
DSM Local wrote:
Good Call CRASSUS, that miss by the N.E. kicker was amazing.
Also good call on the viking game.
Thanks! I told you that that Tom Brady guy would take the Cards for granted. His brother Peter Brady could have done a better job.
highlights

Ankeny, IA

#20 Sep 17, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brown Family Lawsuit 36 min LIbEralS 12
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 42 min LIbEralS 34,190
Somali mother puzzles over son's arrest 1 hr cowboy chris 14
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 14 hr Analog man 215
All Transgenders will go to hell !!! 15 hr space ace 22
"daylight disinfectant" and "laughing at liberals" 20 hr space ace 13
Transgender kids in the News 23 hr cantmakeitup 6
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]