Comments
61 - 80 of 120 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2013

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#73 Jan 11, 2013
This administration has no intention of tightening the immigration laws. They simple pay lipservice to those they need to in order to keep this and many other issue, like a budget, on the back burner. They have the media actually eating out their hands but spoon feeding them what they want printed and because of a lack of intestinal fortitude, the scribes simply print what they are told, with no interest in finding out what is really going on. When is the last time a major media outlet question the lack of a budget? Even the right wing media outlet, Fox News, hasn't mentioned it in months.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#74 Jan 11, 2013
So by the slewchie logic in post 70 it is apparent that if honey slew slew murders someone and buries the body in the back yard, he/she/it believes there has been no crime committed and nothing illegal has been done until there is an arrest, a charge and a conviction. That explains a lot.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#75 Jan 11, 2013
I would believe I committed a crime, just like you believe the aliens are illegal... The difference is you cannot go directly to the penalty phase...

Odd, you pretend you support laws and the legal system, but in reality, you're a gun nut....

So, does the strobe light hide or highlight your wrinkles ???
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#76 Jan 11, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
They're not "undocumented immigrants" or "temporary visitors" they are illegal aliens. Do they really think that giving them a license will reduce the number of fatal accidents or improve the roadways? Do you think they will purchase insurance now?
This is the state where Obama cut his political teeth. Don't say I didn't warn you about making someone from modern day Illinois, manufactured by the Daley political machine, the president.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Ill...
Why would a temporary visitor need a US driver's license?

An undocumented immigrant is just code for illegal immigrant. If you are here legally, you have documents, and can prove you are here legally. I just renewed my passport, I had to prove I could get a passport legally before the US government gave me the renewal.

The US government should stop Illinois from giving driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants, illegal immigrants, etc. They stepped in in Arizona to supercede state law, the feds said they had the right to do so. The feds should stop Illinois from giving driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants, as it goes against US immigration law.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#77 Jan 11, 2013
Until we decide what to do with immigrants, it's beneficial if they can find work, get to medical appointments, school,, and live normal lives...

Poor zero.... Integrity is changing sources, right ??? LMAOROTFU~! Little head you have, probably too small for me.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#78 Jan 11, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Until we decide what to do with immigrants, it's beneficial if they can find work, get to medical appointments, school,, and live normal lives...
Poor zero.... Integrity is changing sources, right ??? LMAOROTFU~! Little head you have, probably too small for me.
It isn't beneficial to employers to have illegal immigrants working for them, the US government can fine the employers $1000's of dollars per illegal immigrant. A US driver's license makes it harder to separate the illegal from the legal. As for medical appointments, they shouldn't get care paid for by the US, Obamacare isn't supposed to cover illegal immigrants. School? Live normal illegal lives?

Until we have immigration reform, we shouldn't be giving illegal immigrants access to our system, it just encourages even more to come here illegally.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#79 Jan 11, 2013
You haven't proven they're illegal... Oops.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#80 Jan 11, 2013
I like simple folks "thinking".... where anyone without their papers is automatically illegal...

Guess we should round up all senior swimming classes and deport them... None of them are "carrying" ID.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#81 Jan 11, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
You haven't proven they're illegal... Oops.
It isn't for me to prove they are illegal, they should prove they are legal to get the license, to get healthcare, etc. I have to prove who I am to get my license, passport, healthcare, etc.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#82 Jan 11, 2013
Obviously not, look at the new law we're discussing....
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#83 Jan 11, 2013
Liberals really are pieces of work. They want to attack businesses for hiring illegal immigrants, so they give vote to give all the illegal immigrants valid ID's so the businesses can't figure out who is who. Later, the businesses get audited and fined for hiring illegal immigrants. Nice.

Rogers, MN

#84 Jan 11, 2013
non-starter wrote:
Liberals really are pieces of work. They want to attack businesses for hiring illegal immigrants, so they give vote to give all the illegal immigrants valid ID's so the businesses can't figure out who is who. Later, the businesses get audited and fined for hiring illegal immigrants. Nice.
If they put as much effort in to keeping them out in the first place we wouldn't be having these discussions.

Rogers, MN

#85 Jan 11, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't for me to prove they are illegal, they should prove they are legal to get the license, to get healthcare, etc. I have to prove who I am to get my license, passport, healthcare, etc.
I did. They broke the law, they committed a crime, They crossed the border without permission from at least two governments, and are in the country illegally. So the term illegal alien is quite accurate and truthful.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#86 Jan 11, 2013
non-starter wrote:
Con-sewer-tatives believe in the constitution, ONLY were it suit them... Pretty sad, you have to pretend they're illegal, BEFORE YOU EVEN TRY TO PROVE IT.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#87 Jan 11, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. They broke the law, they committed a crime, They crossed the border without permission from at least two governments, and are in the country illegally. So the term illegal alien is quite accurate and truthful.
Feel free to tell a cop which ones to arrest, before you actually try/convict them, they're simply folks...

Rogers, MN

#88 Jan 11, 2013
The terminally slewpid just don't get it because they like the cheap disposable labor provided by illegal aliens.

This is America. We don't arrest illegal aliens, we detain and then deport them.

What we usually fail to do is heavily fine the companies who hire them in the first place.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#89 Jan 11, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Con-sewer-tatives believe in the constitution, ONLY were it suit them... Pretty sad, you have to pretend they're illegal, BEFORE YOU EVEN TRY TO PROVE IT.
Only "were" it suit them? Really, director of spelling, puntuation, and grammar? mr low integrity poster, pointing out others mistakes while ignoring his own glaring shortcomings.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#90 Jan 11, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Feel free to tell a cop which ones to arrest, before you actually try/convict them, they're simply folks...
Pretty easy to determine who can't provide documentation to get government issued ID. While you can't pull anyone over for looking "illegal", you sure as heck can ask for documentation to get a state issued ID.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#91 Jan 11, 2013
Seem you have me mistakes for Capt, oddly RawMoney had illegal gardeners, too.

Well I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#92 Jan 11, 2013
Seem you have me mistaked for Capt, oddly RawMoney had illegal gardeners, too.

Well I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Brian_G 32,495
Drop one word....add one word game 2 hr Whiny1 85
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 6 hr Billy 39
Men who don't like football 10 hr Victor 10
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 10 hr Pietro 78
Bar Abilene in Uptown closes 13 hr cowboy chris 1
Happy Labor Day. Are Unions Dead? 14 hr UncleSi 4
•••
•••
•••