Illinois House Approves Licenses For Undocumented Immigrants

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#1 Jan 8, 2013
They're not "undocumented immigrants" or "temporary visitors" they are illegal aliens. Do they really think that giving them a license will reduce the number of fatal accidents or improve the roadways? Do you think they will purchase insurance now?

This is the state where Obama cut his political teeth. Don't say I didn't warn you about making someone from modern day Illinois, manufactured by the Daley political machine, the president.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Ill...
Amused SLew

Seattle, WA

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Secretary of State Jesse White and State Police Director Hiram Grau said Monday in a joint statement that approving the plan not only will make roads safer but also lower insurance rates and strengthen the economy "from the work and buying power of all of our state’s residents."

"Unlicensed, uninsured drivers pose a serious risk to every driver and passenger on Illinois roadways," they said.

New Mexico and Washington passed similar laws that White and Grau said have seen traffic accidents involving uninsured drivers plummet.

In November multiple state politicians -- including Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Senate President John Cullerton, House Republican Leader Tom Cross and former Illinois governors Jim Edgar and James Thompson -- joined to support the bill. Before that 28 Chicago aldermen signed a resolution supporting it.

Earlier in the week, Emanuel said the legislation will help recent immigrants "step out the shadows," and make contributions to the economy.

Rose Rogers

Oak Park, IL

#3 Jan 8, 2013
I totally agree with allowing undocumented immigrants to have a driver license, if i have to pay for insurance, plate sticker and windshield sticker so should everyone else on the road... and if my insurance goes down beause of it even better!

Rogers, MN

#5 Jan 8, 2013
Regardless of the plagiarized post of Honey Slew Slew, the statement about New Mexico and Washington does not seem to include any numbers so a reduction in accidents involving uninsured drivers could simply be due to a dramatic increase in hit and runs. Just because someone has a license does not mean they have insurance or will ever acquire any insurance. And since the Obama administration has, oddly enough, seen an uptick in immigration enforcement, I don't think anyone will be "stepping out of the shadows" anytime soon.

Rogers, MN

#6 Jan 8, 2013
Rose Rogers wrote:
I totally agree with allowing undocumented immigrants to have a driver license, if i have to pay for insurance, plate sticker and windshield sticker so should everyone else on the road... and if my insurance goes down beause of it even better!
Rose,
They are not "undocumented immigrants" or "temporary visitors". They are illegal aliens. Notice the word illegal? As illegal immigrants, they are exploited, used up and discarded at will. And although your insurance might go down (which is doubtful at best), your taxes and the drain on resources (medical, social security, police, ID theft, etc) has and will continue to rise.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jan 8, 2013
Amused SLew wrote:
Secretary of State Jesse White and State Police Director Hiram Grau said Monday in a joint statement that approving the plan not only will make roads safer but also lower insurance rates and strengthen the economy "from the work and buying power of all of our state’s residents."
"Unlicensed, uninsured drivers pose a serious risk to every driver and passenger on Illinois roadways," they said.
New Mexico and Washington passed similar laws that White and Grau said have seen traffic accidents involving uninsured drivers plummet.
In November multiple state politicians -- including Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Senate President John Cullerton, House Republican Leader Tom Cross and former Illinois governors Jim Edgar and James Thompson -- joined to support the bill. Before that 28 Chicago aldermen signed a resolution supporting it.
Earlier in the week, Emanuel said the legislation will help recent immigrants "step out the shadows," and make contributions to the economy.
Let's see....

1. They broke our immigration laws by BUSTING INTO this country ILLEGALLY, and nothing bad happened.
2. They have been working, driving, or NOT working and sucking off of our many WELFARE SYSTEMS for YEARS, and nothing bad happened.
3. If they have been driving without a valid license AND insurance, they have gotten away with it. Even if caught, evidently, the PUNISHMENT hasn't deterred THEM or many OTHERS from doing the same. Otherwise, they would go "home", voluntarily.
4. So NOW, some "genius" thinks that if they can get a "valid" drivers license, that they will magically transform themselves into "law-abiding" citizens, and actually buy insurance.

What kind(s) of DOPE have you been smoking lately??
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 8, 2013
Rose Rogers wrote:
Rosey baby, what makes you think that giving ILLEGAL ALIENS a driver's license will transform these CRIMINALS into being "law-abiding citizens", who will buy insurance??

Answer: it DOESN'T. It only means that the situation will get WORSE before it gets BETTER, because the law-breakers, who have NO BUSINESS BEING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, have a "say" as to how our nation is run. It's the tail wagging the dog, instead of the other way around. It means DOOM for this country, being ruled by the LAWLESS, rather than the patriotic, tax-paying, LEGAL types.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jan 8, 2013
Illinois, the same thoughtful state where the teacher's union is suing the city of Chicago for racism because they are trying to close some schools that are less than half full. Illinois, where 3 of the last 4 governors have gone to jail. Illinois, where congressmen are congressmen until they get caught. Illinois, one of the last true bastions of corruption in the USA.

I can't think of why they would issue illegal immigrants driver's licenses, but there must be something in it for them.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Where did it say illegal ?? Oh right, the racists read into reality. Too bad you're losers, huh ?? piff puffers, the lot of you.
insistent

Grantsburg, WI

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Where did it say illegal ?? Oh right, the racists read into reality. Too bad you're losers, huh ?? piff puffers, the lot of you.
Baahayahhaaaouchuncledaddyahhh hyaahhayyayok!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#14 Jan 8, 2013
insistent

Grantsburg, WI

#15 Jan 8, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Bahahayahhhahhhuncledaddyaaaah ahahhah!
Slewsie is a BAD GURL!
owieuncledaddy

Grantsburg, WI

#16 Jan 8, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Mommy's Brother, your Uncle and your Baby Daddy was a bad bad man Slewsie!
No surprise

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jan 9, 2013
This isn't surprising, Obamaville invites everyone aboard...

You know the USA has excess "revenue" to give away to the world...

Also the USA has about 45,000,000,000 open jobs so we need illegals.

Also illegals have NEVER had a problems with driving in the USA.

WELCOME ILLEGALS!!!!!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jan 9, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Low integrity poster, Democratic code words explained, in liberalism for dummies.

New permanent revernue - New Taxes
Undocumented aliens - Illegal Immigrants
Stimulus plan - Incurring huge debts our children's children won't be able to re-pay......

The list goes on and on you slewsie. Just because you use different words to describe something doesn't change the reality.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#20 Jan 9, 2013
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jan 9, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Another example of your slewy writing. So your contention is that in the political speak, undocumented aliens are really legal aliens, with green cards, visas, etc. Oh, wait, those documents would by definition make them "documented aliens". You don't get much more slewpid than that.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Jonathan Hemlock

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Jan 9, 2013
Licenses for undocumented immigrants in Illinois?

What are the daily bag limits?
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jan 9, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
1. slewpid

Noun: Dumb to the point of ignoring factual evidence rebutting an argument. Obstinately stupid.

Adjective: To make oneself appear incredibly uneducated and obtuse, either intentionally or unintentionally.

noun: The definition from Webster's right in front of him, he was too slewpid to ascertain the meaning.

Adjective: The slewpid blogger didn't understand his posting invalidated his point.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#25 Jan 9, 2013
I like being so deep into your head, you're making up words... Tell your family, I'll chip in for your meds.... Poor loser, again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Earthling-1 32,967
Arrest hillary clinton for benghazi crimes 14 hr Space ace 1
How to clear out a High School Gym in short order. 14 hr Space ace 4
Obama Owns Ebola 15 hr Obama the best 28
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 17 hr LIbEralS 271
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Sun Bill 26,311
Twin Cities: lowest metro unemployment rate in US Sun Imma Gunna 20
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs