Twin City Janitors to Strike On Sunday

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#113 Feb 25, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
I certainly hope the janitors enjoy that "tentative" raise of $.40 per year for the next three years. Don't spend it all in one place folks. As the smaller businesses cut their service to twice weekly instead of every day.
Didn't the SEIU boss guy say that they got a "fantastic" settlement?

I agree with him. 3% is a fantastic settlement for unkilled and uneducated workers. Congrats to them.

Now, am I reading that non-union janitors and the security guards are potentially going to strike still?

Good luck to them. Time are tough. Do you really think you are not replaceable?

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#114 Feb 25, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the SEIU boss guy say that they got a "fantastic" settlement?
I agree with him. 3% is a fantastic settlement for unkilled and uneducated workers. Congrats to them.
Now, am I reading that non-union janitors and the security guards are potentially going to strike still?
Good luck to them. Time are tough. Do you really think you are not replaceable?
I've found over the years that no matter what level people are at, there is always a small contingent that thinks they are indispensable. Humans are often perplexing in that respect.

By the way, you had a couple of typos there so expect a stern talking to from the resident low information, low integrity, spelling and syntax queen/king/serf.
AntiMelting

United States

#115 Feb 25, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the SEIU boss guy say that they got a "fantastic" settlement?
I agree with him. 3% is a fantastic settlement for unkilled and uneducated workers. Congrats to them.
Now, am I reading that non-union janitors and the security guards are potentially going to strike still?
Good luck to them. Time are tough. Do you really think you are not replaceable?
I doubt they understand what 3% actually means over the course of a year.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#116 Feb 25, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the SEIU boss guy say that they got a "fantastic" settlement?
I agree with him. 3% is a fantastic settlement for unkilled and uneducated workers. Congrats to them.
Now, am I reading that non-union janitors and the security guards are potentially going to strike still?
Good luck to them. Time are tough. Do you really think you are not replaceable?
Unkilled ??

Guess all your nonsense about EZ to replace was your usual lies.. Poor guy, your gas mileage has to REALLY SUFFER, doing all that back tracking to COVER YOUR LIES !!! Hertz to read such unSKILLED tripe ~!!! Of course, you said you took a pay cut, RIGHT ??????????
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#117 Feb 25, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the SEIU boss guy say that they got a "fantastic" settlement?
I agree with him. 3% is a fantastic settlement for unkilled and uneducated workers. Congrats to them.
Now, am I reading that non-union janitors and the security guards are potentially going to strike still?
Good luck to them. Time are tough. Do you really think you are not replaceable?
You seem to have a problem comprehending what you read. Why must you always misinterpret stories?

The janitors are completely separate from the security agents. The janitors settled - with a nice increase in wages and benefits - and the security people are going out on a one day strike.

A 10% raise over three years is a major amount of money to area janitors, not to mention the decreased cost of health insurance.

But Smart Liberal persists with his posted lies, because he wants to drive wages down for everyone.
L I b E r a l i Sm

Saint Paul, MN

#118 Feb 25, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
<quoted text>Unkilled ??
Guess all your nonsense about EZ to replace was your usual lies.. Poor guy, your gas mileage has to REALLY SUFFER, doing all that back tracking to COVER YOUR LIES !!! Hertz to read such unSKILLED tripe ~!!! Of course, you said you took a pay cut, RIGHT ??????????
Plase, even YOU are smart enough to perform most of the jobs of a janitor - well, maybe not...
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#119 Feb 25, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
because he wants to drive wages down for everyone.
yeah like, opening the borders do, who is to blame there

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#120 Feb 25, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a problem comprehending what you read. Why must you always misinterpret stories?
The janitors are completely separate from the security agents. The janitors settled - with a nice increase in wages and benefits - and the security people are going out on a one day strike.
A 10% raise over three years is a major amount of money to area janitors, not to mention the decreased cost of health insurance.
But Smart Liberal persists with his posted lies, because he wants to drive wages down for everyone.
Hey Dumbo, how much is the raise per year? 3%

I said that was a fantastic raise for unskilled and uneducated people. Congratulations to them.

Here's a clue...if you want a better paycheck, improve your skill levels and/or your educational levels.

Contrary to what you and all the unionistas think, someone is not entitled to get more money simply because they have done the same entry level job for multiple years.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#121 Feb 25, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dumbo, how much is the raise per year? 3%
I said that was a fantastic raise for unskilled and uneducated people. Congratulations to them.
Here's a clue...if you want a better paycheck, improve your skill levels and/or your educational levels.
Contrary to what you and all the unionistas think, someone is not entitled to get more money simply because they have done the same entry level job for multiple years.
Thankfully the rest of the world disagrees with you. All employees should see an annual increase.

All employees deserve the right to make a living wage in return for their efforts - the minimum wage should be tied to the Federal poverty level for anyone over 18.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#122 Feb 25, 2013
All employees don't necessarily deserve an annual increase.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#123 Feb 25, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully the rest of the world disagrees with you. All employees should see an annual increase.
All employees deserve the right to make a living wage in return for their efforts - the minimum wage should be tied to the Federal poverty level for anyone over 18.
Yeah, pro-workers union are you... you know like the bolsheviks
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#124 Feb 25, 2013
The Bolsheviks, founded by Vladimir Lenin and Alexander Bogdanov, were by 1905 a mass organization consisting primarily of workers under a democratic internal hierarchy governed by the principle of democratic centralism, who considered themselves the leaders of the revolutionary working class of Russia. Their beliefs and practices were often referred to as Bolshevism.

Slew is a proud member of this workers union
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#125 Feb 25, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dumbo, how much is the raise per year? 3%
I said that was a fantastic raise for unskilled and uneducated people. Congratulations to them.
Here's a clue...if you want a better paycheck, improve your skill levels and/or your educational levels.
Contrary to what you and all the unionistas think, someone is not entitled to get more money simply because they have done the same entry level job for multiple years.
Somewhere sometime you will encounter a situation in your life where you are near the bottom rung of something. I hope that you meet someone as grandiose as you to rub your face in it.

That time will come after your death as well when St. Peter looks at how you treated and spoke of those less fortunate than you during your lifetime.

Before you start, neither I nor most other people have any problem with people that have more than I do - but I, along with most people, have major problems with condescending assholes like you.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#126 Feb 25, 2013
Slew the BOLO
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#127 Feb 25, 2013
DSM Local wrote:
The Bolsheviks, founded by Vladimir Lenin and Alexander Bogdanov, were by 1905 a mass organization consisting primarily of workers under a democratic internal hierarchy governed by the principle of democratic centralism, who considered themselves the leaders of the revolutionary working class of Russia. Their beliefs and practices were often referred to as Bolshevism.
Slew is a proud member of this workers union
I'm curious how you could possible know this? Did the mothship send this nugget down to you via your aluminum foil antenna? Or are you fabricating lies like usual?

In case you were unaware, being a member of any political party, including the communist and socialist parties, is not illegal in the United States, and rights to do so are protected under our constitution.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#128 Feb 25, 2013
DSM Local wrote:
Slew the BOLO
What's this story about you and the neighborhood children?
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#129 Feb 25, 2013
DSM Local wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah like, opening the borders do, who is to blame there
Do tell, who is "to blame"? It is mostly the Republicans that benefit by the availability of cheap labor, and the last dozen or so Republican presidents have done nothing to stem illegal immigration or remove so called illegals. In fact, Obama has deported more people than any other Republican did in a single term in recent memory.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#130 Feb 25, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious how you could possible know this? Did the mothship send this nugget down to you via your aluminum foil antenna? Or are you fabricating lies like usual?
In case you were unaware, being a member of any political party, including the communist and socialist parties, is not illegal in the United States, and rights to do so are protected under our constitution.
Bolo
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#131 Feb 25, 2013
"Bolo" was used as derogatory expression for Bolsheviks used by British service personnel in the North Russian Expeditionary Force which intervened against the Red Army during the Russian Civil War
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#132 Feb 25, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this story about you and the neighborhood children?
Slew the pinko

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's endorses Palin? 3 hr TOASTER 21
St. Paul Robber Shot! 5 hr space ace 19
Best value kitchens of europe reviews 5 hr selamet 1
Animals 5 hr TOASTER 16
get in the ring 6 hr space ace 3
News Second victim identified in weekend Minneapolis... 7 hr Pokeitlikeitis 2
drugs 7 hr space ace 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages