Frigid Start to the Week for Minneapolis

Frigid Start to the Week for Minneapolis

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#1 Nov 10, 2013
A frigid start to the week is shaping up for Minneapolis due to the arrival of arctic air.

While snow whitened the city a few days ago, an arctic cold shot will have residents shivering Monday and Tuesday.

Gone these days will be Sunday's highs in the lower 40s. Temperatures will instead be held to the 20s both days with lows in the teens expected Monday night.

AccuWeather.com RealFeelĀ® temperatures will drop into the single digits early Monday morning as brisk winds blow, then only recover into the teens during the daylight hours.

All residents are urged to bundle up during this cold snap, since such cold could lead to frostbite on exposed skin. Homeless people are be encouraged to seek shelter.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/mi...
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#2 Nov 10, 2013
Did you know it gets cold in Minnesota? What a shocking report! A few days ago was winter weather AWARNESS DAY (Wednesday if I recall)

My god, we better start researching that snow phenomenon.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 11, 2013
Death keel for 787 wrote:
If ya got 1/2 a brain MOVE OUT OF Minnesota!!!!
Winters are MUCH worse in North Dakota. Makes the winters here bearable.
As for moving out, why? Great fishing, great parks, lots of places that have history to them, no tax on normal use clothing, etc....
Downside includes road construction, demoncrats in office for a couple of things.
Plus, Minnesota has a population of over five million folks. Many of them became famous. Be it the late Charles Schultz, the Mayo brothers. Ellen Hart, Jesse Ventura, Robert J. Ulrich, Edwin C. Gage, to name a few of very many.
Lou Zah

Rochester, NY

#5 Nov 11, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Winters are MUCH worse in North Dakota. Makes the winters here bearable.
As for moving out, why? Great fishing, great parks, lots of places that have history to them, no tax on normal use clothing, etc....
Downside includes road construction, demoncrats in office for a couple of things.
Plus, Minnesota has a population of over five million folks. Many of them became famous. Be it the late Charles Schultz, the Mayo brothers. Ellen Hart, Jesse Ventura, Robert J. Ulrich, Edwin C. Gage, to name a few of very many.
The state is a pile of....

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 11, 2013
Devestating 787 News wrote:
<quoted text>
Was thinking more along the lines that those on the Government dole would be better off in warm climes. After all Government benifits are kinda the same no matter where ya live. So if you are on welfare why live where it's colder than a mfer?
I'm not on welfare.
But the reason I found out sooo many of those on it are up here. It is supposedly much easier to get onto the program than those states in warmer climates.

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 11, 2013
Devestating 787 News wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are not on welfare.
Maybe we need Obamafare, you know where welfare benefits are the same all over the country?
Why should states be allowed to offer different welfare benefits?
Everyone now has equal healthcare, why not equal Welfare?
Makes sense to me.
One way to overhaul it is to record everyone's DNA genome once the technology gets to the state of being able to have on record double the numbers that are on it now.
This way, those who are getting it in two or more states will NOT be able to do it.
It would require those who are seeking it to give at least a few drops of blood that is fed right into a machine capable of doing the DNA scans and recording the genome from those scans.
This way, no matter what various names, SSNs, & addresses they use. If the DNA is found to be matching what was recorded in another state. They could be then prosecuted for trying to cheat the system. As well as attempted theft. Theft if they are getting it in more than one state already....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's America 16 min Tellitlikeitis 85
Right now!!!!!!! 17 hr space ace 3
Orlando Mon OK Barry 40
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Mon LIbEralS 517
britain leaves EU, new world order stunned Jun 26 cowboy chris 11
News Pride Weekend Kick-Off Parties Jun 25 Joe Balls 5
Typical Minnesota Voter Jun 25 Phineas 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages