New I-94 entry in the works for Minne...

New I-94 entry in the works for Minneapolis

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#1 Jun 29, 2013
Drivers headed into downtown Minneapolis on I-94 will get a new route in a few years, as the state replaces the Fifth Street ramp that currently leads into a curving path around the Metrodome.

Minnesota Public Radio reports that the Minnesota Department of Transportation and the state Department of Employment and Economic Development this week cleared the way for a new exit, on Seventh Street, which will lead more directly into the downtown core and avoid the much-larger stadium district that will be home to the Minnesota Vikings.

The area occupied by the Fifth Street ramp, meanwhile, will be converted into a multi-modal transportation link between downtown and the Cedar/Riverside neighborhood. That plan will create a lot of new development opportunities in Cedar/Riverside, the Star Tribune reports
http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/morning...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John mccain stabs GOP in back 1 hr Space ace 2
I love waking up to a Trump presidency 3 hr Davycrockett 36
Trump Bans Trans Military 3 hr Davycrockett 30
News Mohamed Noor is Proof That "Blue Lives" are a F... 3 hr Minneapolis KILLE... 2
Liberals are trying to destroy america 6 hr Cat Man 78
Bye bye Betsy...Bye bye Betsy 6 hr Davycrockett 18
Zero Point SH|T 14 hr cowboy chris 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages