Planned Parenthood to open clinic on ...

Planned Parenthood to open clinic on University Ave.

There are 1416 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 3, 2010, titled Planned Parenthood to open clinic on University Ave.. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Planned Parenthood is moving offices and its lone Minnesota abortion clinic next year to a new $16 million "flagship" building along St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 71
Next Last
Fishing_guy

Cottage Grove, MN

#1 May 3, 2010
Glad to see urban renewal along the central cooridor!
How Sad

Saint Paul, MN

#4 May 3, 2010
Abortion for business opening soon!

Abortion is Wrong. Wrong is but falseness put into action.

Judged:

27

19

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ron Reagan

United States

#9 May 3, 2010
Mind Your Own Business wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the cockroach exterminators must have been on break when hdog scurried out from beneath his rock. Unlock the object of his hate above, hdog prefers to copulate wth his young.
You want to call hdog a cockroach because he doesn't support slaughtering un born babies, you are the one f-ed up. It's people like you that have no issue killing humans but would be pizzed off if you witnessed a dog without a sweater in the winter, dyke.
Traye

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 3, 2010
Truth_Serum wrote:
<quoted text>
How true. Planned Parenthood targets the African American communities. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, began the “**** Project” in 1939 to promote birth control as a solution to the poverty and degradation experienced, at that time, by blacks in general. Sanger sought to prevent the growth of certain segments of society, including blacks, through legislation or easy availability of sterilization and birth control.
STAND TALL LIBERALS!
Stands to reason Republicans would be all for abortion then.

Since: Dec 08

Saint Paul, MN

#11 May 3, 2010
Mind Your Own Business wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like abortions? Don't have one.
"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it." - G.K. Chesterton

Judged:

22

13

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jeff

Saint Paul, MN

#12 May 3, 2010
Seems to me they are going to a place to hide. They know what they are doing is wrong. People don't be fooled, abortion provides Planned Parenthood with the vast majority of their profits, they could not provide any other service without abortion.
We will follow you wherever you go, so we can continue to pray for you and the women and babies you abuse Planned Parenthood.

Judged:

20

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Justthefactsplea se

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#13 May 3, 2010
Truth Serum has it right-Planned Parenthood is trying to exterminate blacks and other minorities and the dopes are letting them. Remember the mole who called a PP office awhile back to donate money to kill black kids and the office worker thought that was just dandy? Boy they let that one slip. Sorry, abortion is murder, no matter which race is involved. Sure like the idea of the Pro-Life folks using the light rail also!

Judged:

11

10

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Liberal

Chaska, MN

#14 May 3, 2010
How convenient! You won't have to ride that nasty number 16 bus to murder your baby!
Donations

Minneapolis, MN

#15 May 3, 2010
Perfect. I'll have to plan to be there with a donation bucket for the millions of kids in need that are already born.
Feel good story

San Jose, CA

#18 May 3, 2010
This a heart warmer. In a tough economy, they still did 4000 abortions in 08. Business is booming! I also heard this will be a very eco-friendly structure. You gotta love the green abortion mill concept. Everybody wins. Well, not quite. At least those girls won't have to walk past those people telling them there are other options besides killing their unborn offspring. They'll just remember the soothing voice of the abortionist telling them there are no other good choices, and that it's just tissue anyway. Sleep well. I hear they will also provide a shuttle service back to the bar.
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#22 May 3, 2010
MURDER INCORPORATED !!!!
Conservative Conviction

Saint Paul, MN

#24 May 3, 2010
Of course they are. More access to minorities.
www.blackgenocide.org
Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#26 May 3, 2010
Conservative Conviction wrote:
Of course they are. More access to minorities.
www.blackgenocide.org
Planned Parenthood looks to fatten its bottom line with as many abortions as it can market. It's perfectly content that black women, who account for 6 percent (i.e., about half the 12.8 percent total) of the population of the U.S., have 37 percent of abortions [ http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo... ].

Former Director of Planned Parenthood Abby Johnson says, "... One thing that drives them [the abortion industry] always is profit... The bottom line is that they're hurting; their numbers are down. People aren't going to them for family planning services like they used to; they can't fill up their schedules like they used to... They [PP] assume that minority women are naive and will listen to anything they say... For the entire fiscal year '09 our family planning clincs were in the hole; ...the only reason Planned Parenthood made any money in fiscal year '09 was because of their abortion services. It's a cash business; they don't file insurance because they want to be sure they get the money up front.... they charge anywhere from $500 to $900 for abortions up to 16 weeks ... that [abortion profit] really is what saves them at the end of the year... As many as 8 of 10 women who view ultrasounds and view the heartbeat of their child change their minds about abortion... Abortion facilities don't want women to make that maternal connection because then they lose money if the woman chooses life... Almost all the women walking in to have an abortion think it's a baby; when they ask you questions, they say,'What about my baby?' They call it a baby, but the clinic workers are not going to respond in that same kind of language."

http://www.blip.tv/file/3372786 -- Interview with Abby Johnson
Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#27 May 3, 2010
yuck
Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#28 May 3, 2010
You guys are making me shake my head.

This is a HUGE business. A huge moneymaker. And it's all subsidized to boot.
Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#30 May 3, 2010
NICE wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortionists do not tell them that abortion is the only option - they educate them, tell them all of their options, but most of all "They treat them with respect - no matter what option they choose". You are a judgemental jack - A.S.S.
Even moderate journalists can't countenance the show-nothing, tell-nothing mendacity of abortion providers:

"...My own view, both pro-life and pro-choice, has been that abortion truthfully presented would eliminate itself, or vastly reduce its numbers. Once a pregnancy is viewed as a human life in formation, rather than a "blob of cells," it is less easy to terminate the contents of one's vessel.

"An unwanted pregnancy isn't any less inconvenient, but humanizing a fetus confounds the simplicity of choice. Alternatively, dehumanizing as a means of justifying an action from which we prefer to avert our eyes is a well-traveled road that history does not view charitably....

"A well-informed patient should always be our route to safe and legal. Is it unacceptable that a life-preserving decision might result from greater knowledge?

"Anyone considering, say, gall bladder removal will be told each and every detail of what will happen, what is likely to be the result, what consequences might be expected, and so on. Doesn't it make as much sense to provide women with a view of what's going on inside their bodies before they take the leap that can't be undone?...

"In testimony before the Louisiana Senate Health and Welfare Committee, post-abortive women recounted being told they were ridding themselves of "tissue," only to learn later, often during an ultrasound with a subsequent pregnancy, that they had destroyed a fully formed fetus. Based on my own conversations with post-abortive women, this is a common event and is often the point at which formerly pro-choice women switch sides.

"The testimony in Louisiana included the story of one woman who suffered both physical and emotional trauma after an abortion. She didn't see an ultrasound, but did see the remnants of her abortion on a tray beside her and was told "they" had been twins."

"Denial won't make abortion rare" -- http://www.twincities.com/opinion/ci_14994374
Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#33 May 3, 2010
Lux et Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood looks to fatten its bottom line with as many abortions as it can market. It's perfectly content that black women, who account for 6 percent (i.e., about half the 12.8 percent total) of the population of the U.S., have 37 percent of abortions [ http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo... ].
Former Director of Planned Parenthood Abby Johnson says, "... One thing that drives them [the abortion industry] always is profit... The bottom line is that they're hurting; their numbers are down. People aren't going to them for family planning services like they used to; they can't fill up their schedules like they used to... They [PP] assume that minority women are naive and will listen to anything they say... For the entire fiscal year '09 our family planning clincs were in the hole; ...the only reason Planned Parenthood made any money in fiscal year '09 was because of their abortion services. It's a cash business; they don't file insurance because they want to be sure they get the money up front.... they charge anywhere from $500 to $900 for abortions up to 16 weeks ... that [abortion profit] really is what saves them at the end of the year... As many as 8 of 10 women who view ultrasounds and view the heartbeat of their child change their minds about abortion... Abortion facilities don't want women to make that maternal connection because then they lose money if the woman chooses life... Almost all the women walking in to have an abortion think it's a baby; when they ask you questions, they say,'What about my baby?' They call it a baby, but the clinic workers are not going to respond in that same kind of language."
http://www.blip.tv/file/3372786 -- Interview with Abby Johnson
This is a great link: www.blackgenocide.org
Thank you for posting this!
Johnny

Minneapolis, MN

#35 May 3, 2010
So, one of life's great riddles has been solved: how to make conservatives openly act like they care about minorities? Bring up abortion and watch the red herrings fly!
Not a braindead liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#36 May 3, 2010
Johnny wrote:
So, one of life's great riddles has been solved: how to make conservatives openly act like they care about minorities? Bring up abortion and watch the red herrings fly!
Or.... how to make liberals openly act like they care about minorities? By supporting abortion and watch the babies die!
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#37 May 3, 2010
Red herrings? Justice Ginsburg is no red herring, sir:

Q: Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

JUSTICE Ruth Bader Ginsberg: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me.[Harris v. McRae—in 1980 the court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 71
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 3 hr Karma 167
Are the Muslims in Charge of 4th of July Firewo... 4 hr LGBT Crassus 4
Great parents 6 hr LGBT Crassus 20
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 8 hr Analog man 277
News Minneapolis Pride Parade fills streets with rai... 9 hr Abe 3
Livingston Financial LLC? (Mar '08) 10 hr Ilovemykira 77
A Very Sad Day 11 hr LGBT Crassus 6
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages