Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#1 Mar 7, 2013
This must be what the rethuglican caused sequester has done to a police department Stupid rethuglicans this is bad
Godless Abberations

Ankeny, IA

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Cop arrests Lady then Rapes her

ORLANDO, Fla.(WESH)-- A newly released internal affairs report blasts a former Orlando police officer and concludes that he raped a woman he arrested.

Roderick Johnson has not gone on trial, but has pleaded not guilty to charges that he raped a woman he arrested in October.

The internal affairs report calls the woman's testimony clear and consistent and said Johnson "lied repeatedly."

It also said, "His conduct makes the department the subject of public ridicule and lowers it in public esteem."

The internal report is separate from the criminal investigation against Johnson, and is used to determine any violations of department policy.

The report found that Johnson violated obedience to laws and department procedures, standards of conduct, code of ethics, transporting prisoners and arrestees, reporting criminal information, handling money, property and evidence and truthfulness. He has been recommended for termination.

Last month, evidence was released including a video recording of an interrogation, showing Johnson changed his story.

"If she has $40 with my prints on it, I didn't find any money in the car, but it's basically from checking her out -- her front pockets. She did have cash. I don't remember how much," Johnson said.

Then, minutes later, Johnson admits he gave the woman the cash.

"I tell her,'I hope this helps you out a little bit' and I did stick $40 in her pocket," Johnson admitted.

The woman claims the $40 was in exchange for sex performed in a police substation that Johnson took her to on the way to be booked on car theft charges. Johnson said in the interview he just wanted to help her and that he gives people money all the time.

Johnson repeatedly denied having sex with the woman while he was on the job.

WESH

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/ar...
By a Union Thug No Less

Ankeny, IA

#3 Mar 7, 2013
Are We the Most Evil Country in the World?

Take a moment and think about that. If we're not the "most evil" country in the world -- i.e., the country with the greatest number of evil people in it -- then we Americans are doing something terribly wrong, because we have the greatest number of people incarcerated in our prisons.

If these people deserve to be locked up, then so be it. If they deserve it, then yes, one can make the case that America is home to the most rotten people in the world. While that label is not something to be proud of, we're stuck with it. But if these people don't deserve to be imprisoned, then shame on us, because all we're doing is messing with them.

Are we honestly afraid of all these people? Are we afraid of them or are we just mad at them? Is it retribution or punishment? Or is it a whole other deal, one having more to do with economics than "justice"? Are we running these people through the system in order to provide jobs for judges, police, bailiffs, counselors, court recorders, lawyers, probation officers, prison guards and bail bondsmen?

Another element is the rise of private ("for-profit") prisons, one of the more hideous features of that now ubiquitous phenomenon known as "outsourcing." Under this arrangement, when local, state or federal authorities can't (or choose not to) handle the influx of prisoners, they turn over all or part of the operation to private firms.

Even if we give these for-profit prisons the benefit of the doubt and willingly say they do a better job than government-run prisons (an assertion that has been repeatedly challenged), there's a disturbing component of self-interest involved here. In fact, it's not only disturbing, it's downright frightening.

In order to survive, these private facilities require a constant supply of prisoners. They need prisoners the same way sausage-makers need pigs. Indeed, just as a severe pig epidemic would ravage the sausage industry, a precipitous and sustained drop in the crime rate would ravage the for-profit prison industry.

Bizarre as it sounds, what we now have in the U.S. is a thriving industry that goes home at night and prays for more crime. It's true. Unlike the average citizen who clings to the belief that our society is gradually improving itself, these for-profit prisons (and the shareholders who invest in them) hope that our families and schools and churches will produce more criminals.

Ironically, violent crime (which the FBI classifies as murder, rape, and aggravated assault) has decreased dramatically over the last 15-20 years. For whatever reason (and there are numerous theories), we have become a demonstrably less violent society. Annual homicides now number roughly 16,000. By contrast, there are roughly 32,000 suicides per year.

With violent crime dropping, and Americans generally becoming more law-abiding, our for-profit prisons have been forced to look elsewhere. Accordingly, what they now focus on is exploiting illegal immigrants and drug users, which is why the private prison lobby opposes any meaningful attempt to reform our immigration and drug laws.

Putting people in prison for drug use has always been strange. Yes, drugs are illegal, and yes, they can't be ignored; but insisting that some poor schmuck be locked inside a cage because he wanted to get high seems harsh. And referring to these sorry-assed stoners as "criminals" isn't fair. We should call them what they are: "sausage."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-macaray/a...
DSM Local

West Des Moines, IA

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Police are mindless drones that do as they're told. It's that simple. these fgas were abused in highschool for wearing skirts and now are on a quest for revenge they have bought into the government and do their best to enforce the governments godless ideals down the throats of freedom loving people everywhere.
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#5 Mar 8, 2013
DSM Local wrote:
Police are mindless drones that do as they're told. It's that simple. these fgas were abused in highschool for wearing skirts and now are on a quest for revenge they have bought into the government and do their best to enforce the governments godless ideals down the throats of freedom loving people everywhere.
You are a terrorist plain and simple and your attacks on the gay community are acts of terrorism
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#6 Mar 11, 2013
Brad Paisley
Mr. Policeman lyrics

Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on hoss lets have some fun
Go on shoot me with a radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can
Hey hey mr. policeman
I got a 75 firebird trans am
With a 455 up under the hood
Me and my brother got it runnin good
Wake up behind them old ray bans
Catch me if you can
Go on turn on your blue lights (sooo pretty!)
You know you want to I just flew by
I can see you peeling
Hows my dust taste in your mouth?
C'mon smokey it's time to race
Lets have us a high speed chase
Well hey hey mr. policeman
Chopper in the air and a couple of swat vans
That's no fair now blockin the road
Where am I supposed to go?
Time to use my backup plan

Catch me if you can
Hey hey mr. policeman
Bet I can run faster'n you can
With your big pot belly
And your cowboy boots,
100 bucks says you won't shoot
I know these woods like the back of my hand
Catch me if you can
Go on turn on your spotlight (sooo shiny!!)
I got runnin shoes and I'm younger than you
And I got all night
There's no way you're keepin up with me
So go on back to the Krispy Kreme
If you wanna quit I understand
Catch me if you can
Hey hey mr. policeman
I said hey hey mr. policeman

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/brad_paisl...
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#7 Apr 2, 2013
This is what rethuglicans want on the police force. DSM Loco has proved my worst fears.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#8 Apr 10, 2013
Man describes rescuing Fulton Co. officer from burning cruiser
FULTON COUNTY, Ga.—
A man who pulled a police officer from a burning cruiser after a crash says he is not a hero; he just did what he had to do.

Michael Ashford said he was riding his motorcycle along Old National Highway Sunday night when he saw a black SUV collide head-on with a Fulton County police cruiser.

“It was like, a mass explosion when they collided, it was just horrendous,” Ashford said.

Ashford said he jumped off his bike and ran to check on the officer.

He found Officer Matthew Williams pinned inside the cruiser by a crushed door and a jammed seat belt.

“The engine burst into flames and I knew right then I had to get that guy out,” Ashford said.

Ashford found the passenger door jammed, as well.

“Man I just did a kick and kicked the passenger window out. And he yelled at me,‘Pull the lock up. Pull the lock up.’ And by this time the flames were huge,” Ashford said.

Williams was finally able to get his seat belt off and Ashford said he then ripped the passenger door open and dragged the officer out.

“I said,‘Man, we gotta get him. We gotta move him. We gotta move him.’ And no sooner than we dragged him 30 feet, the car blew up,” Ashford said.

When the gas tank exploded, Ashford said he heard bullets inside the car going off.

“I just laid on him, because I couldn't move him no more, I had pulled my back out,” Ashford said.“I didn't want him to get hit from the debris or the bullets. I knew I had to do something to get him out of that car.”

Ashford said he could not sleep Sunday night because of what happened, and he has called the hospital several times to check on Williams.

Williams is recovering at Grady Memorial Hospital with a broken hand and a broken leg.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-desc...

---Only a sick man helps the government enforcers
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#9 Apr 10, 2013
Still in favor of abortions ?
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#10 Apr 10, 2013
Iowan wrote:
DSM Loco has proved my worst fears.
Ha!!! What could those be, no more food stamps!
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#12 Jun 26, 2013
taking care of the cops, course the guy pays for it
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#13 Jun 26, 2013
Still bragging about being buggered, I called YOU bois....

Oh right, reality doesn't fit troll games....

Quotes R Fun, right moniker- "I have probably lied thousands of times in my life, care to elaborate on which one you are talking about?"

Looks like you LOVE TO LIE, right.... little buggered boi ??? Poor moniker is a POS....LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the NON affordable care act (Oct '13) 52 min Go Blue Forever 261
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr No no no and no 32,762
Elizabeth warren 14 hr Space ace 5
Fall colors in the Twin Cities: where to find them 16 hr Blackbama 1
And they thought Bush was a war monger. 16 hr Blackbama 7
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 19 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,296
Pohlads' $250 million tax showdown with IRS beg... 19 hr cowboy chris 2

Minneapolis Jobs

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]