Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Seems you dishonestly defended this lie, trollop...
This year, PolitiFact has singled out Mitt Romney's campaign ad that made an untrue claim about President Barack Obama, Chrysler, and jobs building Jeeps being sent to China. "It was a lie," says PolitiFact, "told in the critical state of Ohio in the final days of a close campaign."
Why do you like to make all this crap up? If you look back I did not defend that statement. I pointed out that the press release said they were making Jeeps in China for sale in China. Currently about 9000 Jeeps per year are made in the US and sold in China, so I also said those jobs will be lost.

What I also pointed out was another press release that had the head of Fiat saying that they were going to make some Jeeps in Italy for sale in the US.
coptic

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Load of Crap wrote:
More insults with no attempt at debating the issues.
I'll take that as an admission of defeat.
Debate? You..debate!? Insults are all you have, hypocrite.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Load of Crap wrote:
More of nothing from a low information low integrity poster.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
It is true that 47 percent of Americans did not pay net federal income taxes in 2009 — the number is unusually high because of the depression in incomes following the recession — but it is completely false that only 53 percent of Americans pay taxes.
For example, if you look at state and local taxes, the working poor actually pay a higher percentage of their income in these taxes in every state except for Vermont. In “Alabama, for example, low-income families (which make less than $13,000) pay 11 percent of their income in state and local taxes, while those making more than $229,000 pay just 4 percent.”
And it is worth noting that Americans who are too poor to be asked to pay net federal income taxes are not a good target for those complaining that some aren’t paying their fair share. If there’s one group of Americans that is paying less and less as the median American family is asked to pay more, it’s the super-wealthy. The top 400 taxpayers — who have more wealth than half of all Americans combined — are paying lower taxes than they have in a generation, as their tax responsibilities have slowly collapsed since the New Deal era as working families have been asked to pay more and more:
Rather than taking aim at some of the poorest members of our society — 62 percent of whom have incomes under $20,000 — Americans should be asking how we can get the super-wealthy to pay tax rates closer to their modern historical average and how we can lift up the incomes of those who are too impoverished to be asked to pay federal income taxes.
If you even read any of the post I made I already talked about how the poor pay a higher percent of their income in state and local taxes, but how the middle class and the rich pay a much higher percent when you add in Federal taxes.

One thing that the leftist keep leaving out on state and local taxes is how a good chunk of the money received by states comes from Federal aid paid by Federal taxes. It is also odd how the left keeps bringing up state and local taxes when talking about raising Federal taxes.

P.S. How will raising taxes on the wealthy increase the income of the poor?
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Load of Crap wrote:
Despicable,

"debating the issues"

Haahhehhhohihuhahhehehahha

You are clueless about "the issues".

You run like a little gurl screaming from ANY issue.....what a joke.....you should be very afraid when the destruction you Sheeple caused comes to pass!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>They paid the taxes and ran out...Odd, you don't understand simple spending.... Of course, you're always had that empty\transparent head, right ???
Do you agree that the poor pay a lower percent of their income in total taxes then the middle class or the rich?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Not at all, it's a Faux question requiring perspective, not YOUR transparent head....

I do agree, you think paying money doesn't make it go away, so you're a moron... LMAOROTFU~!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Not at all, it's a Faux question requiring perspective, not YOUR transparent head....
I do agree, you think paying money doesn't make it go away, so you're a moron... LMAOROTFU~!
The amount paid as a percent of income requires perspective? Is that how you justify your lies?
Soothsayer

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Go to the Light!

Gawd the pain in your head must be unbearable!

The Light is your friend. The Light does not care about how stupid you are.

Seek the peace that can only be found in the Light!

Signed,
Allah
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
The amount paid as a percent of income requires perspective? Is that how you justify your lies?
The definition of rich and poor requires perspective.... you keep saying the poor have lots of money, but seem unwilling to explain THAT REALITY !!! Do the poor have car elevators too...in your "reality" ???
Soothsayer

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>The definition of rich and poor requires perspective.... you keep saying the poor have lots of money, but seem unwilling to explain THAT REALITY !!! Do the poor have car elevators too...in your "reality" ???
Go to the Light!

Gawd the pain in your head must be unbearable!

The Light is your friend. The Light does not care about how stupid you are.

Seek the peace that can only be found in the Light!

Signed,
Allah
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>The definition of rich and poor requires perspective.... you keep saying the poor have lots of money, but seem unwilling to explain THAT REALITY !!! Do the poor have car elevators too...in your "reality" ???
When did I say the poor has lots of money? You said they had no money, and I said that was false. How do you justify making this crap up?

P.S. I already defined the poor as the bottom 40% and provided information for the bottom 20% and 40%. I also defined the rich as the top 1%, but also provided information on all tax brackets as well as the CBO report on the top 10% and 20%.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ps- I don't accept your definition, especially since you keep saying the poor must have money.... YOu wrote they can't be poor and pay the majority of taxes... QED- You said they're not poor.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Ps- I don't accept your definition, especially since you keep saying the poor must have money.... YOu wrote they can't be poor and pay the majority of taxes... QED- You said they're not poor.
Why not just say what you consider poor if you don't consider the bottom 20% or 40% to be poor? You also are trying everything you can to avoid admitting you are wrong. You are now even trying to say that anyone with any money cannot be poor.
Load of Crap

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Continuing efforts to cut spending and reduce deficits have driven the Eurozone into its second recession in just four years, as its economy shrank for the second consecutive quarter. Struggling countries like Spain, Greece, Portugal, and Ireland are still pursuing deficit reduction to rein in their debt, cutting spending to the bone to do so. The spending cuts have driven unemployment to record levels and threatened the continent with a recession that became official during the last quarter, Bloomberg reports:

The euro-area economy was pushed into a recession for the second time in four years as trade slowed and government spending declined.

Gross domestic product in the 17-nation currency bloc slipped 0.1 percent in the third quarter from the previous three months, when it fell 0.2 percent, the European Union’s statistics office in Luxembourg said today, confirming an initial estimate published on Nov. 15.

Eurozone unemployment reached 26 percent in September. The youth unemployment rate has topped 50 percent and resulted in a “lost generation” for the continent’s young adults. Still, the pursuit of austerity continues.

Lawmakers around the world have ignored the European lesson, though. Australia’s growth slowed last quarter as its government pursued deficit reduction, and in the United States, the so-called “fiscal cliff” brought on by Republican-demanded spending cuts is threatening the country with a bigger austerity package than those that have been implemented in Europe, even with ample proof that the U.S.’s original preference toward stimulus was more effective than the austere European approach.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Load of Crap wrote:
Amazing how little Republicans have to say after losing big time at the polls last month.
The best they can do is dredge up scandals from decades ago.
You don't see Democrats bringing up Watergate - we talk about CURRENT issues like the fiscal cliff.
Fiscal Cliff you say? OK where is the cuts in spending going to come from in Obama's plans? Says he wants a balance attack to settle the problem, yet publicly only talks about tax increases on the wealthy!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Slew Jumbo thinks countries can spend well above their means forever and there will never come a day the bill comes due.

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

So the lesson we are supposed to learn from the Eurozone failure is that we need to tax and spend more?

Brilliant. Lets put everyone on welfare and tax the rich 75%. Wait. That's what Greece did.
Load of Crap

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Fiscal Cliff you say? OK where is the cuts in spending going to come from in Obama's plans? Says he wants a balance attack to settle the problem, yet publicly only talks about tax increases on the wealthy!
Where is the increased revenue going to come from in the Republican proposal. Be specific.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Load of Crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the increased revenue going to come from in the Republican proposal. Be specific.
You don't answer a question with a question unless you have nothing to say and don't want to look a dork. Too late! I am not a member of the House or the Senate, nor do I care to be. Romney's plan of reducing the tax burdens, across the board, closing loopholes, especially for wealthy Americans, like captial gains, would have been a good start. The reduction of tax burdens would encourage employers and investors to begin re-investing in American business. The plan would fall short, if nothing else is done, but if spending cuts were enforces, the elimination of needless spending on programs that in fact do nothing. Elimiation of subsidies to oil, farm and others would also contribute. American takes in enough revenue to meet it obligations as it relates to Infratstructure, Public Safety and Education. It cannot continue to pay for failed pension funds, lousy run companies, or programs that merely drive up the cost of govenment.
I could go forever, but you get the jist
Now specifically, other than taxing the rich, a plan we heard 4 years ago it Mr Obama and the Spendocrats going to do to reduce spending???
Be specific!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis