Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#87 Dec 10, 2012
The poor pay a much higher percentage of their income in total taxes than the rich.

If you HAVE to ask questions, YOU'RE CLEARLY CLUELESS...

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#88 Dec 10, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
The poor pay a much higher percentage of their income in total taxes than the rich.
If you HAVE to ask questions, YOU'RE CLEARLY CLUELESS...
Nope. They don't.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#89 Dec 10, 2012
Hertz to admit it, huh liar... LMAOROTFU~! Ps- Get a man's job, quit again.... LMAOROTFU~!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#90 Dec 10, 2012
Millionaires pay 4 times as much as the middle class in taxes on a percentage basis. CNBC wrote the following:

"According to new data from the IRS, people who make $1 million or more had an average tax rate of 20.4 percent in 2010. Tax filers who earned $30,000 to $50,000 paid an average rate of 4.8 percent, while those who made between $50,000 and $100,000 paid 7.7 percent. Those making under $30,000 had a negative effective rate, meaning they paid no federal income taxes after deductions and credits."

"Put another way, millionaires pay a rate that's more than four times that of the middle class."
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#91 Dec 10, 2012
GOOD TIMES....trashy lies....

"I will be at Sea-Tac. I will be landing at 8:50 AM. I will be at the Hertz counter at 9:15 AM."

Too bad, we're talking TOTAL TAXES, unless you NEED to pretend income taxes are all we pay ???
ist

Duluth, MN

#92 Dec 10, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
GOOD TIMES....trashy lies....
"I will be at Sea-Tac. I will be landing at 8:50 AM. I will be at the Hertz counter at 9:15 AM."
Too bad, we're talking TOTAL TAXES, unless you NEED to pretend income taxes are all we pay ???
Are you really implying that only poor people pay sales and consumptive taxes? How dumb are you?

Or are you saying that its someone else's fault that the working poor that makes $25K per year spends more than they should on beer and smokes?

Don't frame your argument in terms of 'fairness'. Its clear you know nothing about whats fair. You seem to want the scales tipped in your favor and there is nothing fair about it.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#93 Dec 11, 2012
Lots of questions, a few dumb stereotypes, and a childish insult... WOW !?? SO what, the FACT REMAIN... the poor pay a much higher percentage of their income in total taxes than the rich.

If you HAVE to ask questions, YOU'RE CLEARLY CLUELESS.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#94 Dec 11, 2012
In 2009 the poorest 40% of the country pay an average of 21% of their income in Federal, State, and local taxes. In the same year the top 1% averaged 24% if their income paid in just Federal income tax.

So while the poor definitely pay a higher percent of their income in local, state, and excise taxes, their total tax burden as a percent of income is lower than the middle class or rich.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-late...

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#95 Dec 11, 2012
Sorry pal, old data... LMAOROTFU! So, folks with no money skew YOUR data MUCH ?? LMAOROTFU~!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#96 Dec 11, 2012
Btw- You're welcome for the stock tip that made 45% in a month !! Oh, you didn't buy any ??? Yeah, you're MY financial guru ??? Oh right, I didn't make MY earnings, because the stock market ONLY works in MN.....

LMAOROTFU~!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#97 Dec 11, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Sorry pal, old data... LMAOROTFU! So, folks with no money skew YOUR data MUCH ?? LMAOROTFU~!
I provided links to the sources and they are not my data. I am not surprised that you can't actually counter it.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#98 Dec 11, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
Millionaires pay 4 times as much as the middle class in taxes on a percentage basis. CNBC wrote the following:
"According to new data from the IRS, people who make $1 million or more had an average tax rate of 20.4 percent in 2010. Tax filers who earned $30,000 to $50,000 paid an average rate of 4.8 percent, while those who made between $50,000 and $100,000 paid 7.7 percent. Those making under $30,000 had a negative effective rate, meaning they paid no federal income taxes after deductions and credits."
"Put another way, millionaires pay a rate that's more than four times that of the middle class."
Those with a negative rate not only did not pay FIT, they were given money.
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#99 Dec 11, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
Those with a negative rate not only did not pay FIT, they were given money.
Your point is always ignored or overlooked.

If only everyone worked the tax rates for everyone could be reduced a lot. It's the taxtakers (those living off the fat of the land on welfare) who cause taxes to be so high.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#100 Dec 11, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
I provided links to the sources and they are not my data. I am not surprised that you can't actually counter it.
I don;t have to counter it, the fact remains the poor have no money, honey ! LMAOROTFU~! Since you have no expertise, your "interpretation" is crap, counter your own crap.... LOSER ~!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#101 Dec 11, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
Continuing efforts to cut spending and reduce deficits have driven the Eurozone into its second recession in just four years, as its economy shrank for the second consecutive quarter. Struggling countries like Spain, Greece, Portugal, and Ireland are still pursuing deficit reduction to rein in their debt, cutting spending to the bone to do so. The spending cuts have driven unemployment to record levels and threatened the continent with a recession that became official during the last quarter, Bloomberg reports:
The euro-area economy was pushed into a recession for the second time in four years as trade slowed and government spending declined.
Gross domestic product in the 17-nation currency bloc slipped 0.1 percent in the third quarter from the previous three months, when it fell 0.2 percent, the European Union’s statistics office in Luxembourg said today, confirming an initial estimate published on Nov. 15.
Eurozone unemployment reached 26 percent in September. The youth unemployment rate has topped 50 percent and resulted in a “lost generation” for the continent’s young adults. Still, the pursuit of austerity continues.
Lawmakers around the world have ignored the European lesson, though. Australia’s growth slowed last quarter as its government pursued deficit reduction, and in the United States, the so-called “fiscal cliff” brought on by Republican-demanded spending cuts is threatening the country with a bigger austerity package than those that have been implemented in Europe, even with ample proof that the U.S.’s original preference toward stimulus was more effective than the austere European approach.
I didn't realize just how far up there you can actually stick your head!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#102 Dec 11, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>I don;t have to counter it, the fact remains the poor have no money, honey ! LMAOROTFU~! Since you have no expertise, your "interpretation" is crap, counter your own crap.... LOSER ~!
They have no money, yet they pay a higher percent of taxes? Your own posts are contradictory.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#103 Dec 11, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no money, yet they pay a higher percent of taxes? Your own posts are contradictory.
So, you agree they have NO money to pay ?? Nice, we settled this argument, must be paid by the rich, then.... Funny, they could have NO MONEY after paying taxes, in a normal human mind, DUMMY ~! LMAOROTFU~! Seems RawMoney has enough to open accounts around the planet, right putz ???
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#104 Dec 11, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>So, you agree they have NO money to pay ?? Nice, we settled this argument, must be paid by the rich, then.... Funny, they could have NO MONEY after paying taxes, in a normal human mind, DUMMY ~! LMAOROTFU~! Seems RawMoney has enough to open accounts around the planet, right putz ???
Do you just like making stuff up? You said they had no money and you said they paid a higher percent of their income as taxes. I pointed out that was both false and contradictory.

I don't care what you meant because that was not what you wrote. Even if you meant they have no money after taxes (which they receive post tax, so that is not correct), that doesn't change that they pay a lower percent of their income as taxes then the rich.
J_Otis

Minneapolis, MN

#106 Dec 11, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>So, you agree they have NO money to pay ?? Nice, we settled this argument, must be paid by the rich, then.... Funny, they could have NO MONEY after paying taxes, in a normal human mind, DUMMY ~! LMAOROTFU~! Seems RawMoney has enough to open accounts around the planet, right putz ???
If "they" have no money, "they" pay no taxes. Instead "they" receive money, collected by the government from taxpayers and distributed to "they". Welfare, in all its forms, is the mechanism. If "they" work part-time, or are working poor, "they" net money from the government in the form of EIC - the more irresponsible(more dependents) "they" are, the more money "they" qualify for.
J_Otis

Minneapolis, MN

#107 Dec 11, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>I don;t have to counter it, the fact remains the poor have no money, honey ! LMAOROTFU~! Since you have no expertise, your "interpretation" is crap, counter your own crap.... LOSER ~!
"I don;t"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Owns Ebola 13 min LIbEralS 36
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 15 min Earthling-1 32,971
VA Healthcare Not a peep from President 1 hr LIbEralS 46
Arrest hillary clinton for benghazi crimes 21 hr Space ace 1
How to clear out a High School Gym in short order. 21 hr Space ace 4
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Mon LIbEralS 271
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Sun Bill 26,311
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs