Minneapolis police chief marries longtime partner

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Blue Dot

Poland

#2 Aug 18, 2013
CRASSUS wrote:
Chief is an engine term, he leads the tribe. Chief Janeé Harteau is using the word in a degrading manner.
Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau and her partner on and off the force Sgt. Holly Keegel got married Friday.
They waited a few days to take advantage of the Aug 1 law that gave same-sex couples the right to marry in Minnesota. Chief called me first Saturday because when I interviewed her in June, I asked if they might marry. She told me they would, opening with a joke:“We’ve been together for 25 years but we’re still not sure. I couldn’t be any more married. Now we’ll just make it legal. Of course, we will.”
Keegel, who signed off on Harteau calling to giving me the scoop, had told the media-friendly chief this marriage news better not leak out ahead of time.
Harteau was actually fine with that.“This is the one thing we wanted to keep private since we are very much in the public eye,” she said
http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/...
There's something fishy about this story.

“GiveMe Liberty or GiveMe Death”

Since: Jun 13

Land of Liberty

#3 Aug 18, 2013
shameful, vote them out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Shot By Robbinsdale Officer Charged With ... 35 min Go Blue Forever 16
America Deserves Hillary Clinton 5 hr FOVR 15
NHL playoffs!!! 8 hr Spirit of 1776 12
Scott Pelley 10 hr FOVR 11
America doesn't need Hillary Clinton!!!! 13 hr pic pine treez 1
Investigators can't find cause of North Minneap... 14 hr Ripe Pimple 1
Armenians in Twin Cities, around world recall '... 14 hr Ripe Pimple 5
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]