Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 12, 2013
Budget, budget. Who’s got the budget?

By Rachel Rose Hartman, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 18 hrs ago...

President Barack Obama's budget was due Feb. 4. But over one month later, the public is still left clueless as to when the president's official proposal will actually be submitted.

Following the passage of this year's budget deadline (set by law on the first Monday of February), White House officials were identifying mid-March for the budget release. Then, March 25. Now, some news reports indicate early April; others say April 8.

The latest administration "update" came Monday from press secretary Jay Carney, who suggested during the White House press briefing that one reason for the delay is that the president is waiting to read proposals from Congress:
I don't have a date certain for you on the president’s budget. It’s being worked on. We are obviously watching Congress for budget proposals that will be put forward in both houses, and we will work with Congress in these conversations, as well as through our budget proposal...

Last week, Carney cited "manufactured" crises such as the "fiscal cliff" showdown at the start of the year, as a contributing factor to the holdup:
I don't have a specific date for you. There is no question that the series of crises, largely manufactured, that we and Congress have been having to deal with over the past several months have had an impact on that process. But the fact is we’re working on it and we will submit a budget.

So does it matter if the president's budget it late?

There is no penalty by law for missing the deadline. And as Carney noted Monday, the president's budget is never enacted in full by Congress. But it's still a part of the budget process, informs Congress where the White House stands and is used to help negotiate.
And the delay continues to serve as political fodder.

“President Obama is not only the worst spender in American history, but no other President has so openly flaunted his disregard of the budget process.," Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp of Kansas said in a statement Friday. "By delaying his budget yet again, President Obama has once again shown he is an irresponsible, amateur President who has little desire to put America’s fiscal house back in order."
House Republicans this week are set to release their budget plan.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/budget-bud...
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 12, 2013
"President Obama is not only the worst spender in American history, but no other President has so openly flaunted his disregard of the budget process.," Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp of Kansas said in a statement Friday. "By delaying his budget yet again, President Obama has once again shown he is an irresponsible, amateur President who has little desire to put America’s fiscal house back in order."
House Republicans this week are set to release their budget plan.

Harry Reid and the Senate haven't turned in a budget in over 4 years now.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 12, 2013
Gun nut teabagger says WHAT ??? LMAOROTFU~! Guy's as useless as you are and just as clueless.

Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) blasted out a fundraising email to supporters on Monday, telling them that he was effectively a wanted man following his vote last week against Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) for speaker of the House.

"But voting against a sitting Speaker of the House was a great risk. They will punish me. They will attack my family.

Aliens, NO DOUBT !!!!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#4 Mar 13, 2013
"Obama White House over a month late with budget"

It is Geo Bush's Fault!

wait, wait, wait....

It is My fault, ya that's it, it is My fault.

I am a Victimizer that stands in the way of Millionaires that control the Teleprompter Reader in Chief.

Yup, me and Geo Bush, we are Victimizers of the "Folk".

Pfffft!, What is 1500 days without a budget?

Amerika has gots Reparations to Distribute and Blank Checks to right, "we don't need no stinking budget!"
qiwwiw

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Mar 13, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ………
Impeachment late
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#7 Mar 13, 2013
Gun nut teabagger says WHAT ??? LMAOROTFU~! Guy's as useless as you are and just as clueless.

Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) blasted out a fundraising email to supporters on Monday, telling them that he was effectively a wanted man following his vote last week against Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) for speaker of the House.

"But voting against a sitting Speaker of the House was a great risk. They will punish me. They will attack my family.

Aliens, NO DOUBT !!!!
Will Not fly on a 787

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 13, 2013
Obama is a JOKE!!!!

Recall his rantings about how GW ran up a defecit and now he's running it up..
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Mar 13, 2013
Will Not fly on a 787 wrote:
Obama is a JOKE!!!!
Recall his rantings about how GW ran up a defecit and now he's running it up..
President Henny Penny said if the sequester hit the sky would fall........
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#10 Mar 13, 2013

Aliens, NO DOUBT !!!!
Will Not fly on a 787

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Libertards don't care about budgets.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Mar 15, 2013
Will Not fly on a 787 wrote:
Libertards don't care about budgets.
If you have a budget, others can measure how well or poorly you are doing vs. that budget. Democrats don't want to be held accountable for their actions.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#13 Mar 15, 2013
Why propose a budget to the moronic NO party ???
goose

Wheaton, IL

#14 Mar 15, 2013
Slew, I seem to recall who the NO party was when Bush was POTUS!
I also recall how budgets were passed in the house and the Senate wouldn't even bring them up! Not even chance to get to that NO vote! That is the DEMONcratic party!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#15 Mar 15, 2013
So, you recall those "weapons of mass destruction" too, right ???
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#16 Mar 15, 2013
I recall an empty chair at the RNC, was it for the failed Bush family ?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17 Mar 15, 2013
I thought the term "amateur" was very appropriate, even after 4 years, the man acts like a rookie still trying to find his way around the clubhouse,(except for the golf club house). Accountablility and Responsiblity are two terms not often accredited to this Administration. The Arogance and condesending attitude is what will bring the legacy of this man down to a level never seen before in American History.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#18 Mar 15, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
I thought the term "amateur" was very appropriate, even after 4 years, the man acts like a rookie still trying to find his way around the clubhouse,(except for the golf club house). Accountablility and Responsiblity are two terms not often accredited to this Administration. The Arogance and condesending attitude is what will bring the legacy of this man down to a level never seen before in American History.
Accountablility Responsiblity Arogance condesending

All misspelled, by the senile moron.... Too IRONIC !!!!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#19 Mar 15, 2013
Today, just one year after leaving office, the former president has
found himself in the bottom five at 39th rated especially poorly in handling the economy, communication, ability to compromise, foreign policy accomplishments and intelligence. Rounding out the bottom five are four presidents that have held that dubious distinction each time the survey has been conducted: Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, and Franklin Pierce.

Bush was rated second from the bottom on “intelligence,”“foreign policy
accomplishments,” and “handling of U.S. economy.” This despite promises from Bush supporters that “history will be very kind” to the former president, as his Attorney General John Ashcroft put it. Bush’s father’s legacy “held constant” in this year’s poll, with George H.W. Bush coming in at 22nd. President Reagan “dropped two places from 16th overall in 2002 to 18th today.” President Obama was ranked 15th.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#20 Mar 15, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
We have the Sheeple Talking Points now.

"The debt is not a problem TODAY, and it will not be a problem for about 10 years."

Gosh, ya no the Grown-ups have been saying for 5 years that the Demokrats buying the votes of the Sheeple and enriching the Mob will burden or Children/Grandchildren.

The Messhiah's Handlers have confirmed it.

Can you all hear the Sheeple Bahayahahayhah as they ignore the awful truth revealed by the "Folk" that put the Talking Points on the Demokrat Sheeple's Kool Aid packages?

The Brotha and his Handlers gonna be running up the credit card fo 15 years, and dey be gone when da sheeet be hit da fan. But dat be ok cause the Sheeple dey be gittin dere's NOW, and dat Gubment Trouff be keeping full!

And We the People let you scum have a vote!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#21 Mar 15, 2013
And We the People SUPPORT you scum & let YOU have a vote!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jihadi John Identified 41 min Mpls 6
Minnesota 1.87 Billion Dollar Surplus 2 hr cowboy chris 7
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 hr Earthling-1 33,916
Net Neutrality is NOT Neutral 11 hr Snoop 9
Leaving White Trash Bay 12 hr Dingle Berry 20
Message Of Hope To Minnesota Veterans From Kore... 12 hr FOVR 14
U of M refuses to describe criminals 12 hr Dingle Berry 13
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web