WOW !!?? Some fols TIP for Service, n...

WOW !!?? Some fols TIP for Service, not SL...

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#1 May 17, 2013
CeCe Bruce said she's known for years that it pays to be nice. But she never realized just how much it could pay off until this week, when one of her regular customers rewarded her with a huge tip.

A part-time student at Martin University in Indianapolis, Ind., Bruce has worked as a waitress at a local Steak 'n Shake restaurant for two years, according to NBC affiliate WTHR. Though she had received a few generous tips during that time, nothing had prepared her for the generosity of Miss Jo, a frequent patron of the restaurant.

When Bruce first picked up Miss Jo's credit card receipt Wednesday morning, she said she thought the tip was $46, which she told WTHR would have been surprising enough, given that the bill was just $5.97. But the tip was actually a jaw-dropping $446.

"When I looked again, I said 'Oh my gosh, Miss Jo, I'm not taking that!' And she said,'Yes, you're taking it,' Bruce told WTHR.

Bruce's general manager Greer Gooley said the waitress is worth every penny of the massive tip.

“She stays late, comes in early. Whenever we need her, she's here. So she deserves it more than anyone,” Gooley told local station WISH.“It just lets servers know that you work hard and it does pay off. There are people out there that [if] you do your job people reward you for it.”

Bruce told WISH the money will go toward paying bills.

Miss Jo's generosity mirrors that of a select few customers who have surprised their servers with generous tips over the past few years.

In 2012, star Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning reportedly left a $200 tip for a bill that already had gratuity added. And last May, longtime Houston waiter Greg Rubar received a whopping $5,000 tip on a $26 bill after Rubar's customers learned he needed a new car.
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

#2 May 17, 2013
"fols"? How can the director of spelling, punctuation, and meaningless stock picks mess up that bad on a headline? "fols"? Clearly of inferior intelligence.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#3 May 17, 2013
I figured, I'd play to my audience.... look it worked... LMAOROTFU~! Seems hypocritical to spell well, with you morons, who prefer stupidity....

Oh right, different rules... LMAOROTFU~ Poor poopy...
Cheap Skate

Cottage Grove, MN

#4 May 17, 2013
Heres a tip 4 ya.
Buy low and sell high!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#5 May 17, 2013
Pretty sad, a waitress get a tip for great service and the teabaggers are upset....
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 17, 2013
You'd think the spell check/comma abuse queen would know enough to check the title of her own thread. HOW EMBARRASSING!!!! ROTFLMAO at you!!!!
background noise

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 17, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Pretty sad, a waitress get a tip for great service and the teabaggers are upset....
Who's upset with the waitress? We're laughing AT YOU!!!!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#8 May 17, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
I figured, I'd play to my audience.... look it worked... LMAOROTFU~! Seems hypocritical to spell well, with you morons, who prefer stupidity....
Oh right, different rules... LMAOROTFU~ Poor poopy...
Lying losers and the loser that lies should not be the Spelling Bee Queen any longer!

I hope this crushes you Iddiot, and that you now will put 4 rounds in the cylinder, give a spin and gamble your odds......Give the winnings to charity.

YOU ARE FIRED Spelling Nazi!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CBS, PBS star Charlie Rose suspended after sexu... 2 hr LIbEralS 13
Will This Finish Off The NFL? 2 hr cadescove99 36
Another st.paul murder 6 hr Cat Fan 12
Trump on UCLA basketball players: 'I should hav... 13 hr Cat Fan 5
Review: Crestview Property Maintenance 17 hr Bobtheman 1
Cowboy Chris Turned Homosexual (Jul '15) 20 hr FOVR 9
Prosecutors: Boy, 11, smothered by 400-pound st... 21 hr CayCayCrassus 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance