First Prev
of 4
Next Last
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#72 Jan 31, 2013
Amused SLew wrote:
Of course, you're avoiding record filibusters, they make you a loser/liar. Poor COWARD !
A palpable air of hypocrisy hangs over the Senate these days. Seeking to distract attention from President Obama’s unconstitutional “recess” appointments — not to mention the failure of his economic policies — Democrats disingenuously accuse Republicans of “obstructing” the president’s judicial nominees.

In an attempt to create the perception of Republican resistance, Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev), has taken the extraordinary step of scheduling contentious cloture votes for 17 nominees who were otherwise on the normal path to routine confirmation, claiming “delay for delay’s sake.”

Of course, these desperate claims are entirely false: the Senate has already confirmed more of President Obama’s nominees (129) than it did during President George W. Bush’s entire second term (120), and has done so at an almost identical pace (average of 218 and 211 days, respectively, from nomination to confirmation). Indeed, not long ago Reid acknowledged that the Senate has “done a good job on nominations,” and a Judiciary Committee Democrat recently noted that we have been “speeding up the confirmation of judges.”

Claims of Republican obstruction are not only demonstrably false, they are highly hypocritical. The very Democrats now seeking to manufacture confirmation controversy personally devised and carried out a systematic effort to block President Bush’s judicial nominees through an unprecedented use of the Senate filibuster.

It is a matter of historical record that beginning in 2001, Senate Democrats dramatically changed the confirmation process. Throughout the Bush administration, Democrats actively sought to block numerous judicial nominees, forcing more than 30 cloture votes as Republicans tried to end persistent Democratic filibuster efforts.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), voted against cloture a record-setting 27 times. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), cast 26 votes to filibuster Bush nominees and, in 2003, defiantly declared:“Yes, we are blocking judges by filibuster. That is part of the hallowed process around here.”

http://www.lee.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/op...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#73 Jan 31, 2013
Looks like an a dolt answer, but you're simply a little coward, with a big ego/mouth. LMAOROTFU~!

SO, you visit my city frequently, but couldn't make a dojo meeting UNTIL YOUR BALLS DESCEND ?? Funny, you've been claiming you left, but now you're just ALWAYS frightened, huh ??? LMAOROTFU~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#75 Jan 31, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Looks like an a dolt answer, but you're simply a little coward, with a big ego/mouth. LMAOROTFU~!
SO, you visit my city frequently, but couldn't make a dojo meeting UNTIL YOUR BALLS DESCEND ?? Funny, you've been claiming you left, but now you're just ALWAYS frightened, huh ??? LMAOROTFU~!
I have never been to Seattle, and the highest likelihood is that you don't live there either. Feel free to comment on the opinion that the Dems filibustered more Bush judicial appointees than the Republicans filibustered Obama appointees, as provided in the above reference.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#76 Jan 31, 2013
Same likelihood, you used to claim I got a 15 cent raise ?? PASS ! LMAOROFU~! Teabagger "truth" just doesn't exist....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#77 Feb 1, 2013
15 hours Thread Killer Again
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#78 Feb 1, 2013
I notice that you make no mention of those that post back to Seattle Slew with the same sort of crap. Seems a bit two-faced to me.

Location hidden

#79 Feb 1, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
I notice that you make no mention of those that post back to Seattle Slew with the same sort of crap. Seems a bit two-faced to me.
I don't respond directly back to the little pissant from Seattle(?) who failed to meet me face to face when called out and then lies about it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#80 Feb 1, 2013

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#81 Feb 1, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan and Clinton both faced Congressional challenges! Why were they successful in getting things done?!. They were not afraid to get down in the mud with their opponents and get dirty in an attempt to get a deal done! EG Reagan and Tip O'Neal, Clinton and Gringrich. You lefties blame the GOP, yet the man Demonized his opponents during the election, made no effort to mend fences, believing he had a mandate,(we all know only Carola has a mandate) and then, when no one want to play his game, he blames the GOP for filabusters. Compromise works both ways lefties, You have to give to get!! Want companies to come home to America?? Drop the Corporate Tax burden. Easy. Obama cannot lead because he cannot influence the Reid and Pelosi's in his own party. Obama is not a leader. Great talker, very intelligent, book smart, great father, but a poor, correction, very poor leader.
IMHO
The GOP has not given anything. Period. They are the ones that have a mandate.. When there is a group that swears an oath to someone that trumps their oath of office, that isn't a problem to real Americans? Drop the corporate tax burden? Really?!? How about reistating the tarriffs? Do some reasearch for me and tell me what the the corporate tax rates werefrom the 40's to the 80's. And while you are at it find out what the tarriffs on imports was during that same time period. And then what the GDP and unemployment rates were. And the drop out rate, the US standing in the world.

Location hidden

#82 Feb 1, 2013
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP has not given anything. Period. They are the ones that have a mandate.. When there is a group that swears an oath to someone that trumps their oath of office, that isn't a problem to real Americans? Drop the corporate tax burden? Really?!? How about reistating the tarriffs? Do some reasearch for me and tell me what the the corporate tax rates werefrom the 40's to the 80's. And while you are at it find out what the tarriffs on imports was during that same time period. And then what the GDP and unemployment rates were. And the drop out rate, the US standing in the world.
Really? I know it is hard for Liberals to understand principle but those who signed a pledge not to raise taxes were elected by people who don't want to have their taxes raised. Raising Taxes is off the table for those people, so any attempt to add additional taxes is merely stupid, if you want those people to vote for your recommendations. Just like Privatizing Social Security was off the table with Schummer and Reid, be stupid to offer up a bill containing that as part of the package, if you want support from Schummer and Reid. As for doing your research, you obviouly have me confused with one of your underlings, I don't do research, I have staff to do reseach, but I do know the current published rate is 35%. By the way, we should have been hammering China for monetary minipulation for the past 4 years, but because they carry our debt, doubled by this Administration, there is little inclination to force that issue.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#83 Feb 1, 2013
Since, "they" failed to elect a president, it's time to step back...

Oddly, our country was fiscally healthier, when the tax rates were higher on the wealthy.

Guess, your party hates a healthy America.....

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#84 Feb 1, 2013
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Drop the corporate tax burden? Really?!? How about reistating the tarriffs? Do some reasearch for me and tell me what the the corporate tax rates werefrom the 40's to the 80's. And while you are at it find out what the tarriffs on imports was during that same time period. And then what the GDP and unemployment rates were. And the drop out rate, the US standing in the world.
Are you doing a school project and need someone intelligent to do your homework for you?

The issue with "then" and "now" is that the world has changed a lot in the last 70+ years, hasn't it? Just think of the technological advances of the past 20 years...10 years...5 years and 1 year.

There are some times when it does not matter what was done in the past, but instead you need to be adaptable to the present and the future.

In the year 2000, my competition was in Chicago. Today my competition is in Taiwan and Dubai.

The punitive tax policies of this great nation contribute to the unemployment of those you identify with - the unskilled worker and the under informed voter.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#85 Feb 1, 2013
So, you're not a loyal American and you have NO national pride or identity, it's all about buying your "loyalty" ???

Seems dishonest, but you clearly are, right ???

Ps- Have a nice trip, if we have to buy "friends" we clearly are better off, without YOU !!!

Location hidden

#86 Feb 1, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you doing a school project and need someone intelligent to do your homework for you?
The issue with "then" and "now" is that the world has changed a lot in the last 70+ years, hasn't it? Just think of the technological advances of the past 20 years...10 years...5 years and 1 year.
There are some times when it does not matter what was done in the past, but instead you need to be adaptable to the present and the future.
In the year 2000, my competition was in Chicago. Today my competition is in Taiwan and Dubai.
The punitive tax policies of this great nation contribute to the unemployment of those you identify with - the unskilled worker and the under informed voter.
I marvel at the comments made by the master of economic theory from the basement in STP.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#87 Feb 1, 2013
Attacking the messenger, because you're ONLY here for the money ??

So, you're not a loyal American and you have NO national pride or identity, it's all about buying your "loyalty" ???

Seems dishonest, but you clearly are, right ???

Ps- Have a nice trip, if we have to buy "friends" we clearly are better off, without YOU !!!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#88 Feb 1, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I marvel at the comments made by the master of economic theory from the basement in STP.
He is a special person. This type of thinking is why the unions in this country are in trouble. They are unable to adapt to change.

Good luck to him.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#89 Feb 1, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a special person. This type of thinking is why the unions in this country are in trouble. They are unable to adapt to change.
Good luck to him.
Unions beat adaptation and original thought out of their drones as quickly as possible. Makes it easier for the UAW to buy their championship golf course and private jets for the union heads.
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

#90 Feb 15, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Your inability to understand what is written is dwarfed only by your stupidity.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#91 Feb 15, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Unions beat adaptation and original thought out of their drones as quickly as possible. Makes it easier for the UAW to buy their championship golf course and private jets for the union heads.
Sounds like corporate America and Papa John's palace.... keep pretending, it's the only way you can justify your failures... LMAOROFRU~! Let's see, which has shown MORE greed you're complaining about... corporate America or unions ?? OOPS ~! LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslims are a threat 6 hr Space ace 18
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED 7 hr Sunshine 8
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 9 hr American_Sons 10
Man Shoots Self After Leading Mankato Police On... 15 hr DILF 49
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 18 hr Earthling-1 33,452
Unconstitutional Violation of Separation of Powers Tue LIbEralS 1
Iggy Azalea to headline Target Center on April 30 Tue cowboy chris 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web