Bill Clinton travels to N. Korea to a...

Bill Clinton travels to N. Korea to aid journalists' release

There are 35 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 4, 2009, titled Bill Clinton travels to N. Korea to aid journalists' release. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Former President Bill Clinton has arrived in North Korea to negotiate the release of two American television journalists who were sentenced to 12 years of hard labor for illegally entering North Korean territory, an American who was briefed on the mission said late Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tww

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 4, 2009
What Hillary couldnt do the job, so Bill had to cover for her?
Natasha Badanoff

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 4, 2009
Hey the deal always was you get Hil you get Bill. With Bill you got Hil. Face it they both can get the job done overseas. Bill could do a deal and I could have given two hoots who he was banging. My portfolio never looked better than when Bill was in office.

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Aug 4, 2009
hell- if he can help get those 2 ladies free, who cares who did it! Maybe Hillaries off doing other important stuff
IrishMN

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Aug 4, 2009
Another brilliant move by the Obama Administration. Who better to solve this crisis than one of the world's most beloved statesmen?

Jimmy Carter is good, as is Jesse Jackson, but there is none better than the former President when it comes to negotiating the tough topics with world leaders. Mr. Clinton, unlike Bushco, has never embarrassed the United States of America.

Thank you Mr. Obama for using a national treasure in a most productive way. And, thank you Mr. Clinton for accepting this challenge.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Aug 4, 2009
Obama: "Get your ass over there Bill. By 2012 I'm gonna need those two votes."

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 4, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
Another brilliant move by the Obama Administration. Who better to solve this crisis than one of the world's most beloved statesmen?
Jimmy Carter is good, as is Jesse Jackson, but there is none better than the former President when it comes to negotiating the tough topics with world leaders. Mr. Clinton, unlike Bushco, has never embarrassed the United States of America.
Thank you Mr. Obama for using a national treasure in a most productive way. And, thank you Mr. Clinton for accepting this challenge.
You might want to change your undies after that post...you sound like you might have leaked out a little.
IrishMN

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Aug 4, 2009
wbigs wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to change your undies after that post...you sound like you might have leaked out a little.
It has now been reported that Mr. Clinton has convinced the North Korean government to dismiss the trumped up charges against the two reporters.

Hmmmm...who said something about the revered statesman, former President Clinton, being the right person for this task?

Again, the genius of Mr. Obama is evident. This is the man for the times. He will lead us all to a properous and peaceful universe.

Thank you for being there to guide us, Mr. President.

“Let's put a smile on that face”

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Aug 4, 2009
Kinda makes you wonder what we gave up for their immediate release? I'm thinking the deal was already done before Clinton got over there. But hey, at least this'll take our minds off the massive health spending bill for the next couple of days, which reminds me, where is that discussion at on twincities.com ? This site is really going downhill.
Observation

Boise, ID

#9 Aug 4, 2009
Never liked Billy, but kudos for getting this done.

That said, if one of them wasn't a TV Face's sister, would they be gettin out, or staying?

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#10 Aug 4, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
It has now been reported that Mr. Clinton has convinced the North Korean government to dismiss the trumped up charges against the two reporters.
Hmmmm...who said something about the revered statesman, former President Clinton, being the right person for this task?
Again, the genius of Mr. Obama is evident. This is the man for the times. He will lead us all to a properous and peaceful universe.
Thank you for being there to guide us, Mr. President.
Amen to the release of the 2 women, to the Obama administration for pulling it off and to Bill Clinton for his assistance!

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Aug 4, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
It has now been reported that Mr. Clinton has convinced the North Korean government to dismiss the trumped up charges against the two reporters.
Hmmmm...who said something about the revered statesman, former President Clinton, being the right person for this task?
Again, the genius of Mr. Obama is evident. This is the man for the times. He will lead us all to a properous and peaceful universe.
Thank you for being there to guide us, Mr. President.
Wow.

The bigger challenge for Clinton would be removing your lips from Obamas butt.

Now go back to masturbating to your Obama screen saver you froot-loop.
Wheelchair Charley

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#12 Aug 4, 2009
Its evident Obama and Hillary couldn't get the job done so they had to send a man to do the job...great going Bill.

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 4, 2009
Well anytime there are a couple of babes in distress Bill will be happy to take one for the team!!

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15 Aug 4, 2009
Wheelchair Charley wrote:
Its evident Obama and Hillary couldn't get the job done so they had to send a man to do the job...great going Bill.
do you seriously think that Bill went over on his own? Absolutely not! he went over with the invitation from the Obama administration! Bill is not president anymore, he would have no power to set up those meetings on his own.This was clearly already a done deal, Bill just went to pick them up!

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#16 Aug 4, 2009
Kimber 45 cal wrote:
Stupid Bill has to go over there and say he is sorry for the two women. Just like P-Bo sorry sorry sorry for USA. Both big azs crap bags.
and exactly what would you propose they had done to free the 2 women?

“Let's put a smile on that face”

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Aug 4, 2009
And I thought we never negotiated with terrorists. Way to break another promise Obama.
Halllo

Bayside, NY

#18 Aug 4, 2009
nitrain wrote:
And I thought we never negotiated with terrorists. Way to break another promise Obama.
bill bring kim chi to Wall/mart fo Obamasss
:-0 enjoy Prince care
Wheelchair Charley

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#19 Aug 4, 2009
CURLY1 wrote:
<quoted text>
do you seriously think that Bill went over on his own? Absolutely not! he went over with the invitation from the Obama administration! Bill is not president anymore, he would have no power to set up those meetings on his own.This was clearly already a done deal, Bill just went to pick them up!
Your curls must be too tight. Bill went on the invitation of North Korea. If Obama had sent Bill he did so with a letter of apology for the US being so doggone mean!

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#21 Aug 5, 2009
Kimber 45 cal wrote:
<quoted text>It's sick every time something goes wrong.someone is saying sorry for the USA bull sh1t wake up. This does more damage than it does good.
saving the lives of these 2 women is good.....or do you feel otherwise?
political ploy

Fort Dodge, IA

#22 Aug 5, 2009
This is as sickening as the michael Jackson funeral.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devin nunes revelation 41 min Space ace 6
The Quit Cash Challenge - Quit Smoking and Win ... (Sep '11) Wed Donna rhoda 32
Ellison Topix's Favorite Loser! Tue Davycrockett 2
Depressed space ace finds comfort in fact he is... Tue cowboy chris 2
Trump's ICE Declined Detainer Report Tue cowboy chris 2
Minneapolis warming winters by 5 degrees in 20 ... Tue cowboy chris 3
The tragic story of Minneapolis Mar 20 Phineous 9

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages