High School Grads Need Remedial Help ...

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#22 Mar 11, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
I attended catholic schools in both grade school and high school. They actually did address issues such as nutrition and healthy lifestyle. But it was something that was left up to you to decide. Not the schools or lunatic health nazi's like bloomberg. The primary focus, especially in HS, was on preparation for entering college.
It is possible to succeed in the public schools of the 21st century in the United States. Not probable, but possible.

We should not accept anything less than an exceptional education for our children. Sadly, that is a rare ocurance any more. Unless you spend the money to go to a private school.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#23 Mar 11, 2013
Oh BS !!! LMAOROTFU~! If you're any example of private schools, they breed cowardly quitters & liars.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#24 Mar 11, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible to succeed in the public schools of the 21st century in the United States. Not probable, but possible.
We should not accept anything less than an exceptional education for our children. Sadly, that is a rare ocurance any more. Unless you spend the money to go to a private school.
You are correct sir. And as another poster noted, one of the key ingredients is parental involvement. Parents staying on top of their kids education, friends, activities, etc. There are a lot of good and dedicated teachers in the public school system. They too are daunted by the waste and bureaucracies of a broken system. A system that spends at least twice as much per student as the private schools with about half the results.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#25 Mar 11, 2013
I like numbers, "about" is my favorite... Of course, to accept ABOUT as accurate, senility is impotent, right cantgetitup ??? LMAOROTFU~!!

Let's meet AT Sea-Tac Hertz and I'll give you about $100 bucks, to "shake" in your brown shorts...
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#26 Mar 11, 2013
Same guy who whines teachers are overpaid, now supports them in "their" daunting task ?? Sure, part teabagger/rest hypocrite.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#27 Mar 11, 2013
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with another generation of fat black people who can't read. Someone needs to.....
I made 12k last week, climb faster or you'll continue to maintain YOUR bottom rung, on the evolutionary ladder.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Mar 11, 2013
It's the 24oz sodas, too much sugar.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#29 Mar 11, 2013
I made 12k last week, climb faster or you'll continue to maintain YOUR bottom rung, on the evolutionary ladder.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

#31 Mar 11, 2013
Carlos The Cartel wrote:
<quoted text>We Mexicans will overtake your black people's.
Fact of the matter is it's easy to determine what ethnic group is ahead. Count the number of roofers, sheetrockers, construction workers, fast food workers, etc of the different ethnic groups.

I need not say more, do I?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#32 Mar 13, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
I attended catholic schools in both grade school and high school. They actually did address issues such as nutrition and healthy lifestyle. But it was something that was left up to you to decide. Not the schools or lunatic health nazi's like bloomberg. The primary focus, especially in HS, was on preparation for entering college.
What they taught, best of all, was mental discipline. Accepting authority, relying on yourself, and finishing the job!
This is the difference between the public/government schools and private education.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Mar 13, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
Actually, if you cash in, after short term capital gain taxes, you made about $9600, that is if the rate is still 20% when you cash it in. If you already sold your shares, and used all your basis, that will be the rate, unless Obama gets it raised back up to 28%.
Will Not fly on a 787

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Mar 13, 2013
How can they graduate HS and NOT be ready for college?

Public schools are REALLY broken BAD.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#36 Mar 13, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, if you cash in, after short term capital gain taxes, you made about $9600, that is if the rate is still 20% when you cash it in. If you already sold your shares, and used all your basis, that will be the rate, unless Obama gets it raised back up to 28%.
Unless, I already priced in the capital gains, like I do.... Pretty sad, you "guessing" about so much you're clueless about.
Will Not fly on a 787

Minneapolis, MN

#37 Mar 13, 2013
HOW can a person graduate HS and NOT be ready for college?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#38 Mar 13, 2013
I take it, you never tried collage... because collages are beyond you....
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Mar 14, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Unless, I already priced in the capital gains, like I do.... Pretty sad, you "guessing" about so much you're clueless about.
Counting your chickens before they hatch, I see. It isn't a gain until you sell it and lock it in, bright boy.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#40 Mar 14, 2013
So, you're saying the times I've already sold are gains... How clever. Pretty sad, you state the obvious, but aren't MAKING A DIME !!! LMAOROTFU~!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#41 Mar 14, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Counting your chickens before they hatch, I see. It isn't a gain until you sell it and lock it in, bright boy.
You're talking about mythical Dojo Dollars here. So it can be whatever the low information, no integrity poster wants it to be. But good luck trying to spend it at Cub Foods or your local car dealership. Maybe he/she/it can use it to gleefully pay taxes.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#42 Mar 14, 2013
Calling it names seem mature, for an old "man" that cantgetitup and pretends to be my wife...

Get a life, multiple moniker loser...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#43 Mar 14, 2013
Btw- When posting lies is your priority, seems like a good time for a break. Go for a walk !! LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moonman 16 min Davycrockett 2
Wikileaks: dossier "bogus" 1 hr tree hugging hippie 26
CNN = Fake News 3 hr Merry Moosmas 24
Deleted posts 3 hr Merry Moosmas 3
John Lewis is NOT a civil rights hero! He's a c... 10 hr Space ace 4
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Fri Mutant-cucumber 692
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Thu Speaking For daOt... 35,850

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages