High School Grads Need Remedial Help Before Entering CUNY Community Colleges

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#1 Mar 8, 2013
That mayor bloomberg sure has his priorities in place don't you think? That explains all of the bans he has enacted on things like big gulps and trans fats. His citizens really are too stupid to make their own decisions or read the ingredient labels.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/07/offici...

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#2 Mar 8, 2013
Amazing, isn't it? This is the failure of the public school system.

Did you happen to read some of the comments beneath the article? Classic New Yorkers.

----------

Whoever wrote this piece needs to re-learn basic proofreading and spelling skills. "Emersion" is not a word, but "immersion" is. Likewise "group" has a typo in it "grouip" and "nervous" is misspelled as "nervus". Poor form to make such mistakes in an article critical of student learning

----------

Wanna bet both the writer and the editor probably 'graduated' from NYC schools.

----------

Welcome to government schools. I bet they know how to put condoms on bananas though.

----------

Two words: Teacher Unions
~~~

Daddy, what did you used to do at work ?

Well son, I was a NEA union leader and I didn’t really work, I just collected dues from union teachers that did work, and then spent that money on corrupt Democratic politicians so the NEA union could gain an unfair bargaining position with the government education system. But the schools closed because the States couldn't afford the unions teacher contracts and the country (government) went broke…

Daddy, is that why we live in a box ?

No son, this is Obama’s socialist utopia !

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 8, 2013
The dedication to fixing the problem just isn't there! The minute someone comes up with an alternative that might fix the problem, we have the teachers, their lobbiest/PA people out there saying, we need more teachers, smaller class rooms etc. The problem is family, Mom and Dad, dedicated to education and taking an active role. No longer moving people along because of the social stigma of failure. There is no harm in failing, if you do something about it. Without Family, the results are right here in this story! It is the Teacher, the kid, the mom and the dad, not working in concert that has created the next generation of welfare recipients. Reverse the effort, produce the results, but at some point, it someone needs to tell the minorities, firmly, this is the only way out, every other effort has failed. Education, Education, Education, Must be the focus! not the enemy!
Really Smart Liberal

West Des Moines, IA

#4 Mar 8, 2013
This is because of private schools

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#5 Mar 8, 2013
Really Smart Liberal wrote:
This is because of private schools
Even without knowing anything other than what you wrote on here, I can guarantee you are a product of the government schools.

I can also say categorically that you live by the motto: "Ignorance is bliss."

Congratulations to you on your very happy life.
Super Smart Liberal

West Des Moines, IA

#6 Mar 8, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Even without knowing anything other than what you wrote on here, I can guarantee you are a product of the government schools.
I can also say categorically that you live by the motto: "Ignorance is bliss."
Congratulations to you on your very happy life.
Says the hobo in a box.

Unions fight for the worker and make sure teacehrs get paid fair. Do you want school teachers to be malnourished?
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Even without knowing anything other than what you wrote on here, I can guarantee you are a product of the government schools.
I can also say categorically that you live by the motto: "Ignorance is bliss."
Congratulations to you on your very happy life.
I went to a government school and I turned out fine and very succesfull the only thing that has held me back is the rethugican party

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#8 Mar 8, 2013
Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to a government school and I turned out fine and very succesfull the only thing that has held me back is the rethugican party
Like I said: The motto you live your life by is "Ignorance is bliss."

Congratulations on living a very happy life.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#9 Mar 8, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>

I can also say categorically that you live by the motto: "Ignorance is bliss."
Congratulations to you on your very happy life.
You were right on that one SL. It's always convenient when the other guy in the argument makes your case for you even better than you could.
DSM Loco

West Des Moines, IA

#10 Mar 8, 2013
I wish I was happy
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#11 Mar 8, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said: The motto you live your life by is "Ignorance is bliss."
Congratulations on living a very happy life.
I am not happy at all at work becaue of rethuglican muslimie people I am on probastiona and have to wait out another managment becuase of rethuglicans is the reason all the bad stuff happen
cantgetitup

West Des Moines, IA

#12 Mar 8, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
You were right on that one SL. It's always convenient when the other guy in the argument makes your case for you even better than you could.
you stupid
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#13 Mar 8, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
Amazing, isn't it? This is the failure of the public school system.
Did you happen to read some of the comments beneath the article? Classic New Yorkers.
----------
Whoever wrote this piece needs to re-learn basic proofreading and spelling skills. "Emersion" is not a word, but "immersion" is. Likewise "group" has a typo in it "grouip" and "nervous" is misspelled as "nervus". Poor form to make such mistakes in an article critical of student learning
----------
Wanna bet both the writer and the editor probably 'graduated' from NYC schools.
----------
Welcome to government schools. I bet they know how to put condoms on bananas though.
----------
Two words: Teacher Unions
~~~
Daddy, what did you used to do at work ?
Well son, I was a NEA union leader and I didn’t really work, I just collected dues from union teachers that did work, and then spent that money on corrupt Democratic politicians so the NEA union could gain an unfair bargaining position with the government education system. But the schools closed because the States couldn't afford the unions teacher contracts and the country (government) went broke…
Daddy, is that why we live in a box ?
No son, this is Obama’s socialist utopia !
More like a failure of the African tribe.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#14 Mar 8, 2013
Thank Gawd for private schools or we would really be on trouble. Oh and where are the President's children attending school? Not a DC public school.
Rich Slew

Seattle, WA

#15 Mar 9, 2013
Which president's kids attended private schools, neither misspelling coward ??? Pretty sadly, you and your other monikers, make the majority of errors... on this forum. LMAOROTFU~! There is a Hertz AT Sea-Tac, if you forget the location word, right ???
Dojo Dollar Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Mar 9, 2013
Rich Slew wrote:
Which president's kids attended private schools, neither misspelling coward ??? Pretty sadly, you and your other monikers, make the majority of errors... on this forum. LMAOROTFU~! There is a Hertz AT Sea-Tac, if you forget the location word, right ???
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in awful mess
I blew in town 40 years ago, I ain't seen a lotta girls since then
If I could find'em I could get'em but as yet I have'nt met'em
That's why I'm in the shape I'm in ohhhh

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in awful mess
Another fella told me he had a sister that looked so fine
Instead of being my deliverance, she had a strong resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein ohhhh....

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in awful mess
It's hard for a fella, when he don't know his way around
If I can't find me a honey to help me spend her money
I'm gonna have to blow this town ohhh....

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
Im in awful mess

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#18 Mar 11, 2013
I saw a piece on the news last night about the battle that public schools are fighting to combat obesity.

Isn't that nice?

Instead of teaching American History and Calculus to students, the public school teachers are spending their time telling the children not to eat candy bars for breakfast.

You won't find the candy bar discussion in the course syllabus at St Thomas or Providence Academy. No wonder the private school kids have vastly higher test scores than public school kids.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#19 Mar 11, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
I saw a piece on the news last night about the battle that public schools are fighting to combat obesity.
Isn't that nice?
Instead of teaching American History and Calculus to students, the public school teachers are spending their time telling the children not to eat candy bars for breakfast.
You won't find the candy bar discussion in the course syllabus at St Thomas or Providence Academy. No wonder the private school kids have vastly higher test scores than public school kids.
I don't have a problem with another generation of fat black people who can't read. Someone needs to maintain the bottom rung on the ladder of evolution.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#20 Mar 11, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
I saw a piece on the news last night about the battle that public schools are fighting to combat obesity.
Isn't that nice?
Instead of teaching American History and Calculus to students, the public school teachers are spending their time telling the children not to eat candy bars for breakfast.
You won't find the candy bar discussion in the course syllabus at St Thomas or Providence Academy. No wonder the private school kids have vastly higher test scores than public school kids.
I attended catholic schools in both grade school and high school. They actually did address issues such as nutrition and healthy lifestyle. But it was something that was left up to you to decide. Not the schools or lunatic health nazi's like bloomberg. The primary focus, especially in HS, was on preparation for entering college.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#21 Mar 11, 2013
Did they teach you how to write poorly, because you SUCK !!! LMAOROFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 5 hr _Zoey_ 159
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 5 hr Farva 90
Hillary says America should ‘empathize’ with ISIS 5 hr Medicare Insanity 16
A Few Inches of Snow Out East 8 hr Answer 3
Leaving White Trash Bay 9 hr Kuna kintay 3
Obama is Clearly a Muslim 10 hr Kuna kintay 123
Nature weeding out the Stupid 12 hr Answer 5
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out