Since: May 07

Oconomowoc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Livingston Financial LLC began in October 2007. There is no registered agent. The contact info is Messerli & Kramer 150 S 5TH ST, 1800 FIFTH STREET TOWERS, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402

Oconomowoc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

I keep posting here hoping that someone will have some information on Livingston Financial LLC. This is extremely important to many, many people in Wisconsin. They have begun more than 500 eviction proceedings in a very short time (3 months) in counties all over Wisconsin.
concerned in mn

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

I think that they are a debt collection agency that is associated with a group of attorneys. i received a fake summons for old credit card debt. it states in all the legal mumbo jumbo that it is a communication from a debt collector and that LLC owns the account. I think the company buys up debt and uses documents that look like legal documants as a scare tacit. There is no court file number or date to appear in court in the documents and the man who 'served' me the papers didn't have me sign anything. He told me to call the attorneys. The papers weren't even in an envelope.

Oconomowoc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

concerned in mn wrote:
I think that they are a debt collection agency that is associated with a group of attorneys. i received a fake summons for old credit card debt. it states in all the legal mumbo jumbo that it is a communication from a debt collector and that LLC owns the account. I think the company buys up debt and uses documents that look like legal documants as a scare tacit. There is no court file number or date to appear in court in the documents and the man who 'served' me the papers didn't have me sign anything. He told me to call the attorneys. The papers weren't even in an envelope.
Thanks for your information. It sounds like a fraud, normally you must sign for documents and are given a court date. Did you call the number for more information?

This company has a large number of claims recently filed in Wisconsin against people, but there is no registered agent listed for the company.

It became a business in October 2007. I do not understand how a company can be considered legitimate without a registered agent.

Any other information on this company would be greatly appreciated.

Oconomowoc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Please post any information known, about this company.

Oconomowoc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

I am still hoping someone here has some information regarding Livingston Financial LLC.
Eager To Know

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

So is there any information on this company? Livingston Financial. I would really like to know. If someone out there can post a more current comment that would help us all out that would be great.
none

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2008

These clowns have in excess of 1000 cases on Wisc. consoldidated court system. Most are for credit card debt. They do get a lot of default judgments. A few fight. They intimidate defendants by sending generic credit card agreements. Which is heresay evidence. worthless without a signature
drwkslr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Thanks for the info, my son just received a letter from messerli & krammer. it states that livingston finacial is a successor for us bank and they are after a repayment for a credit card. my son states that he has paid this a couple years ago and that they should be able to provide a transaction history to him. they are very rude on the phone and stated that they have no transaction history to send him. we live in illinois any ideas on which direction he could go from here? thank you
Connie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Did you ever find out anymore information regarding Livingston Financial LLC? I tried to find any information I could on the internet and found very little. My friend has just been advised that she is about to be served with a Summons and there is an actual case number with the court. She is not aware of any outstanding debts and has no idea why this company would be suing her. In the court file, it states a small claims action has been filed against her. I assume this company is a collection company for other companies, but I have no idea who the companies are so we can determine which credit card or hospital bill, etc. they are trying to collect the debt for. My friend is extremely worried and is a single mother with limited income. If you can give us any information, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
Connie
Oconomowoc Mom wrote:
Livingston Financial LLC began in October 2007. There is no registered agent. The contact info is Messerli & Kramer 150 S 5TH ST, 1800 FIFTH STREET TOWERS, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402
KC from Minn

Marshall, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

I have been having the same type of problems with another group that is associated with Livingston Financial called Red Rock Lake Financial and have not been able to find out too much information on them. They say they are representing Sears National Bank. The same thing has been happening to me in Minnesota that has been happening to residents of Wisconsin. For the past several months I have tried to get this Messerli and Kramer to get information on this account to find out what is going on and twice they have put a freeze on my bank account which has cost me a substantial amount of money in fees, etc. with no information asked of them. Messerli and Kramer is very rude and harrassing about trying to find out information and only send you legal documents.
I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau and all Messerli and Kramer states is they are acting on behalf of Red Rock Lake Financial or Bayfield Financial, LLC or Dakota bluff Financial, LLC or Livingston Financial or whatever they are calling themselves right now. I am very leary of this connection of Messerli and Kramer in all of this. Someone is making a lot of money on this activity. The papers delivered to my home were given to my 16 year old daughter and not to me!!!!
DL from WI

Albertville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

My husband just recently fought in small claims court a case brought by Livingston Financial/Messerli & Kramer. He too believed this debt to be paid off. We fought it and won. They dropped the case because they could not prove he owed the debt. They only had one old credit card statement but no payment history or statement with the transactions. Also they violate the FDCPA laws constantly. We could of countersued them for $3000 and the lawyer knew we were right so he dismissed the case. I recommend a web site that has lots of info about the FDCPA laws that can help you fight. It worked for us. Go to www.creditinfocenter.com . Just look around there is tons of information and example letters you can use. The most important thing is save your letters from them and only discuss it by mail so it is in writing. We sent them certified letters they had to sign for so we had documentation for court. Everyone is correct though, they try to bully you. When we were at court they must of had at least 6 cases just that day and only two of us showed up to fight so they got a bunch of default judgements. Oh the lawyer also told us Livingston Financial does not report to the credit agency's if that is important to anyone.
DL from WI

Albertville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Judged:

I just found another interesting web site. Apparently as of May 22 2008 the state of WI filed a suit against Livingston Financial for trying to collect money without being registered in the state. Go to the website http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/2008/nr052208... to see the news release. I know if you go to the website I mentioned before they talk about a debt collector having to be registered. This could also help you in court. Don't be intimitated by that credit web site I mentioned either. There is a ton of free info on it without buying anything that can help you, just click on its links and look around. It really saved us!!
jane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

Judged:

this is a bogus company
LS in MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

jane wrote:
this is a bogus company
Actually, it's not a bogus company. And they don't need to have a court file or a hearing date before they serve you. It is perfectly legal for them to serve a 16 year old at your residence as long as it is YOUR residence and the 16 year old is competent (judgment call). If you find yourself in a position of having been served by them or any of the other companies mentioned, I suggest that you answer the complaint within the time specified! If you don't, they could get an easy default judgment against you and then garnish your wages or your bank accounts. I would suggest that you get an attorney or at least find reputable advise on-line. Be VERY wary however of the internet - many sites make claims that they'll help you but actually just cost you money and time without a good resolution for you. I agree with the person above who said you should make them prove their case - especially if it's an old credit card or something - the odds are probably good that they don't have any proof.
Up North

International Falls, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

My nephew is being sued by Livingston Financial for credit card debt in Minnesota. Messerli and Kramer are the attorneys who represent Livingston and are located in Minneapolis.
Here in M Town

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Livingston Financial LLC is not registered to do any business in the state of Wisconsin. They are not registered through the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions. I would look to their website as well as the website for the Wisconsin Department of Justice. Make a formal complaint with those two offices as well as the Federal Trade Commission. You could also probably make a call to the Governor's office too. Livingston Financial LLC is violating state laws and possibly federal laws as well.
miserable in minneapolis

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2008

We were just garnished by RED ROCK LAKE. They cleared out all of our bank accounts. We have had an attorney working on this, but received no notice through him or Red Rock of a court date. Apparently we were mailed a Judgement from the court that RR Lake won by default, while we weren't even aware of a court date (shouldn't our attorney have been present???) So now, a month later, they wiped out everything we have. It is Saturday, and not much we can do now, but according to the State Statures I've looked up, we should have received a notice of garnishment 10 days prior to this happening. Be very aware of this company, as I know personally that they have done this very thing to a friend of mine. Two days before Christmas. I thought have an attorney in the loop would keep us safe. Apparently not.
Denise from Madison

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Eager To Know wrote:
So is there any information on this company? Livingston Financial. I would really like to know. If someone out there can post a more current comment that would help us all out that would be great.
A family member has also received a threat letter from Livingston Financial...but it included a court date that was not attended

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Flood of Illegal Immigrant Children into Texas ... 1 hr BareBack Obama 24
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr litesong 31,855
Review: Banfield Pet Hospital Dr. Ross Elton DV... 2 hr BareBack Obama 2
Minnesota firefighters to search for 2 hikers 2 hr BareBack Obama 1
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 2 hr BareBack Obama 14
Fridley: Woman survives stabbing by boyfriend, ... 2 hr Sam Ollie 3
OBAMA: I'm Not Interested in Photo-Ops 4 hr LIbEralS 49
•••
•••