First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Old Vet

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 26, 2013
*He was getting old and paunchy And his hair was falling fast, And he sat around the Legion, Telling stories of the past. Of a war that he once fought in And the deeds that he had done, In his exploits with his buddies; They were heroes, every one. And 'tho sometimes to his neighbors His tales became a joke, All his buddies listened quietly For they knew where of he spoke. But we'll hear his tales no longer, For ol' Joe has passed away,

And the world's a little poorer For a Veteran died today. He won't be mourned by many, Just his children and his wife. For he lived an ordinary, Very quiet sort of life. He held a job and raised a family, Going quietly on his way; And the world won't note his passing,'Tho a Veteran died today. When politicians leave this earth, Their bodies lie in state, While thousands note their passing, And proclaim that they were great. Papers tell of their life stories From the time that they were young,

But the passing of a Veteran Goes unnoticed, and unsung. Is the greatest contribution To the welfare of our land, Someone who breaks his promise And deceives his fellow man? Or the ordinary fellow Who in times of war and strife, Goes off to serve his country And offers up his life? The politician's stipend And the style in which he lives, Are often disproportionate, To the service that he gives.

While the ordinary Veteran, Who offered up his all, Is paid off with a medal And perhaps a pension, small. It is not the politicians With their compromise and ploys, Who won for us the freedom That our country now enjoys. Should you find yourself in danger, With your enemies at hand, Would you really want some cop-out, With his ever-waffling stand? Or would you want a Veteran His home, his country, his kin, Just a common Veteran, Who would fight until the end. He was just a common Veteran, And his ranks are growing thin, But his presence should remind us We may need his likes again.*

*For when countries are in conflict, We find the Veteran's part, Is to clean up all the troubles That the politicians start. If we cannot do him honor While he's here to hear the praise, Then at least let's give him homage At the ending of his days. Perhaps just a simple headline In the
paper that might say: "OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, A VETERAN DIED TODAY."
PLEASE pass On The Patriotism! YOU can make a difference. If you are proud of our Vets, then send this to them. You'll be glad you did. Then send it to ALL your friends.*

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 27, 2013
Old Vet wrote:
*He was getting old and paunchy And his hair was falling fast, And he sat around the Legion, Telling stories of the past. Of a war that he once fought in And the deeds that he had done, In his exploits with his buddies; They were heroes, every one. And 'tho sometimes to his neighbors His tales became a joke, All his buddies listened quietly For they knew where of he spoke. But we'll hear his tales no longer, For ol' Joe has passed away,
And the world's a little poorer For a Veteran died today. He won't be mourned by many, Just his children and his wife. For he lived an ordinary, Very quiet sort of life. He held a job and raised a family, Going quietly on his way; And the world won't note his passing,'Tho a Veteran died today. When politicians leave this earth, Their bodies lie in state, While thousands note their passing, And proclaim that they were great. Papers tell of their life stories From the time that they were young,
But the passing of a Veteran Goes unnoticed, and unsung. Is the greatest contribution To the welfare of our land, Someone who breaks his promise And deceives his fellow man? Or the ordinary fellow Who in times of war and strife, Goes off to serve his country And offers up his life? The politician's stipend And the style in which he lives, Are often disproportionate, To the service that he gives.
While the ordinary Veteran, Who offered up his all, Is paid off with a medal And perhaps a pension, small. It is not the politicians With their compromise and ploys, Who won for us the freedom That our country now enjoys. Should you find yourself in danger, With your enemies at hand, Would you really want some cop-out, With his ever-waffling stand? Or would you want a Veteran His home, his country, his kin, Just a common Veteran, Who would fight until the end. He was just a common Veteran, And his ranks are growing thin, But his presence should remind us We may need his likes again.*
*For when countries are in conflict, We find the Veteran's part, Is to clean up all the troubles That the politicians start. If we cannot do him honor While he's here to hear the praise, Then at least let's give him homage At the ending of his days. Perhaps just a simple headline In the
paper that might say: "OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, A VETERAN DIED TODAY."
PLEASE pass On The Patriotism! YOU can make a difference. If you are proud of our Vets, then send this to them. You'll be glad you did. Then send it to ALL your friends.*
Too many want to forget the past. As in what many of our folks in green paid to help keep not only our country free. But also the help we gave to our allies as well.
Too many libtards would rather paint our vets as blood thirsty animals. As well as the structures of the military branches as being outdated, unnecessary burdens. Not realizing that we keep a standing military in case a country believes that we should be under their thumb.
Nam Vet67-68

Cottage Grove, MN

#6 Dec 31, 2013
I remember when my son was playing legion ball in the 90's, I was watching his game and two guys were standing behind me and one says to the other, " Are these VFW or American Legion baseball teams playing?" And the other guy says, " Whats the F#%&[email protected] difference they're both sponsored by a bunch of drunks!"
I turned and said, " F*%$#& You ya draft dodger!
Thats when the fight broke out!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#7 Dec 31, 2013
Nam Vet67-68 wrote:
I remember when my son was playing legion ball in the 90's, I was watching his game and two guys were standing behind me and one says to the other, " Are these VFW or American Legion baseball teams playing?" And the other guy says, " Whats the F#%&[email protected] difference they're both sponsored by a bunch of drunks!"
I turned and said, " F*%$#& You ya draft dodger!
Thats when the fight broke out!
And I hope you kicked his ass big time.

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Dec 31, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so ashame of you Sang you must really not be from here(USA) why do you hate Libtards who btw make up the armed forces the young ,poor and the ambitous SHAME ON YOU OUR MILITARY WILL NOT BE WEAKEN BY POLITICS. where are you from?Americans don't play or take cheap shots (political) on our U.S servicemen /veterans it's time that you go to your other country traitor..
i SEE YOU NOW IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT AND IT'S NOT PRETTY NOT AT ALL.
I AM from the USA. I am also from a family who has MANY members served/are serving in the military. And they are all Republicans.

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 31, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so ashame of you Sang you must really not be from here(USA) why do you hate Libtards who btw make up the armed forces the young ,poor and the ambitous SHAME ON YOU OUR MILITARY WILL NOT BE WEAKEN BY POLITICS. where are you from?Americans don't play or take cheap shots (political) on our U.S servicemen /veterans it's time that you go to your other country traitor..
i SEE YOU NOW IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT AND IT'S NOT PRETTY NOT AT ALL.
Also, many members of my husband's family served as well. Including my husband. I am PROUD to be the wife of a Air Force Vet. As well as the sister in law of several. And the Daughter in law of one as well.
Both my dad and Fil were in the Korean War.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 31, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM from the USA. I am also from a family who has MANY members served/are serving in the military. And they are all Republicans.
Well tell me this since you're GI Jane do you understand that their a code of honor that we adhere to with the passing of our veterans and somethings like politics is off limits or out of bounds.it makes no difference what political party a veteran is that not a requirement for service
and you owe that the first poster who started this topic a apology.
And you're not helping your party with your disrepectful attitude .
When I seen your name Sang as a poster on this topic I never dream in my wildest dreams that you would be that rspectful Shame on You!

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 31, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well tell me this since you're GI Jane do you understand that their a code of honor that we adhere to with the passing of our veterans and somethings like politics is off limits or out of bounds.it makes no difference what political party a veteran is that not a requirement for service
and you owe that the first poster who started this topic a apology.
And you're not helping your party with your disrepectful attitude .
When I seen your name Sang as a poster on this topic I never dream in my wildest dreams that you would be that rspectful Shame on You!
Try to reread my first paragraph of my first post. You would have noticed that I was AGREEING with the first poster.
Sven Ghollie

Englewood, CO

#12 Dec 31, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to reread my first paragraph of my first post. You would have noticed that I was AGREEING with the first poster.
I would like to "Thank a Vet" for getting rid of your fleas. You were spreading them to the rest of the dogs on the bus.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#14 May 14, 2014
Here is how Holder is going to thank VETS this year:

Eric Holder: No Plans at DOJ to Investigate Secret Waiting Lists and Veteran Deaths at VA Hospitals

According to CNN, at least 40 veterans died while waiting for treatment at one VA hospital in Phoenix. Members of Congress have said in recent weeks that the inspector general investigation is inadequate and have called on the DOJ to launch its own investigation.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/eric-hold...
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#15 May 14, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
Here is how Holder is going to thank VETS this year:
Eric Holder: No Plans at DOJ to Investigate Secret Waiting Lists and Veteran Deaths at VA Hospitals
According to CNN, at least 40 veterans died while waiting for treatment at one VA hospital in Phoenix. Members of Congress have said in recent weeks that the inspector general investigation is inadequate and have called on the DOJ to launch its own investigation.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/eric-hold...
The inspector General is investigating this made up scandal,also the Secretary of the Veteran Admin. will address this issue tomorrow with Congress,and hopefully we will find out who the mole is.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#16 May 14, 2014
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
The inspector General is investigating this made up scandal,also the Secretary of the Veteran Admin. will address this issue tomorrow with Congress,and hopefully we will find out who the mole is.
"made up scandal" - HOW MANY DEAD Veterans do you need to have?

At least Jon Stewart isn't afraid to call out the left on their slewpidity once in a while.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#17 May 14, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
"made up scandal" - HOW MANY DEAD Veterans do you need to have?
At least Jon Stewart isn't afraid to call out the left on their slewpidity once in a while.
Sadly, our government seems to have always had an appalling lack of concern for our veterans. Yet another policy, or lack thereof, that Obama has carried on from his predecessors administrations.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#18 May 20, 2014
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
More "made up" news?

The Project on Government Oversight (POGO) and the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America unveiled an encrypted web submission form Thursday soliciting horror stories in the wake of a nationwide furor about fudged wait time records and related veteran deaths in Phoenix.

As of Monday morning they have received 310 submissions. The majority of reports are thus far from veterans and members of the public, and less than 10 percent are from VA employees.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/05/1...
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#19 May 20, 2014
Here is your "mole" deemer...

Whistleblower: VA punished me for not falsifying records

The whistleblower behind the federal investigation of the Fort Collins Veterans Affairs clinic said she was put on two-week unpaid leave for not "cooking the books" when scheduling appointments.

Lisa Lee, a former Navy reservist now on active duty in Hawaii, told the Coloradoan she and another scheduler were transferred from Fort Collins in March 2013 for refusing to hide wait times between desired appointment dates and actual dates. She said the suspension came after she filed an internal grievance about the transfer and scheduling practices.

much more at: http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2014/05/...
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#20 May 20, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
The whistleblower behind the federal investigation of the Fort Collins Veterans Affairs clinic said she was put on two-week unpaid leave for not "cooking the books" when scheduling appointments.
Lisa Lee, a former Navy reservist now on active duty in Hawaii, told the Coloradoan she and another scheduler were transferred from Fort Collins in March 2013 for refusing to hide wait times between desired appointment dates and actual dates. She said the suspension came after she filed an internal grievance about the transfer and scheduling practices.
Why don't you shut your lying nasty mouth up until the investigation is over? your whistleblower sound like a disgruntle employee who has plenty of other job related issues that I'm sure she won't bring on her own,but in the hearing she will be question about her own personal records and performance so lets wait and see.
Beth

Minneapolis, MN

#21 May 20, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
VA Hospitals are exactly what ObamaCare will provide, JUNK healthcare. WHY on God's green earth would we want the Government to take over healthcare when they prove over and over they can't do anything right? The VA uses DEATH PANELS to kill off Vets who are near death. I'd just like to know that gender, race, sexual preference they put on the DEATH LISTS? Something tells me the "investigation" won't go that deep into VA Hospital corruption.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#22 May 21, 2014
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
VA Hospitals are exactly what ObamaCare will provide, JUNK healthcare. WHY on God's green earth would we want the Government to take over healthcare when they prove over and over they can't do anything right? The VA uses DEATH PANELS to kill off Vets who are near death. I'd just like to know that gender, race, sexual preference they put on the DEATH LISTS? Something tells me the "investigation" won't go that deep into VA Hospital corruption.
Death Panels nonsense is just another republican slanderous talking point against V.A.the ACA, and the Democrat party,the real death panels are the republicans who denied additional funding for the v.A,and starting a unnecessary war for oil profits to fill the coffer's,and the republican state governors ,state house's who refuse to expand medicaid for healthcare to it's own citizens that have an income
below the nation poverty level,that's your real death panels.
Beth

Minneapolis, MN

#23 May 21, 2014
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
Death Panels nonsense is just another republican slanderous talking point against V.A.the ACA, and the Democrat party,the real death panels are the republicans who denied additional funding for the v.A,and starting a unnecessary war for oil profits to fill the coffer's,and the republican state governors ,state house's who refuse to expand medicaid for healthcare to it's own citizens that have an income
below the nation poverty level,that's your real death panels.
You tell the hundreds of Vets who have died while awaiting healthcare at the VA..
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#26 May 21, 2014
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell the hundreds of Vets who have died while awaiting healthcare at the VA..
Hundreds? Gee whiz honey we were told by the msm that it was forty vets that died waiting on healthcare hmm,and shouldn't their relatives and friends or themselves have tooken these vets to the
ER? or any other hospital near them? the VA would have paid their cost and expense's,I still think this is another republican scam by a republican political operative.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 11 hr texas pete 628
Get Over It! 19 hr Evil Roy Slade 10
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro Fri Protesters CAN WORK 50
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Fri Squirtzzz3971 35,607
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING Nov 30 Drumpf 14

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages