Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#74 Dec 14, 2012
Actually, this is a good question, if you have a weak mind,..See, the check & balance is the next contract & election... Now I get a couple questions-

Where are those promised pictures ???

Does it HERTZ, if you try to think ???
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#75 Dec 14, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Actually, this is a good question, if you have a weak mind,..See, the check & balance is the next contract & election... Now I get a couple questions-
Where are those promised pictures ???
Does it HERTZ, if you try to think ???
Sociopath,

Every time you post your ignorance/stupidity/idiocy/tal king points/cut-paste/ and especially your abuses of others because Uncle Daddy did not treat you right and your Mommy, his Sister, "watched" I will post the awful truths about you that you have revealed for the past year and a half.

When you come on here like the Virus you are and Destroy the Topix of the Threads in order to make it "all about you", as you masturbate to the Puny Little Power you FEEL as you pick on the Grown-ups, and "Project" your hurt from Uncle Daddy onto strangers that simply want to enjoy conversations about Current Events.....I WILL kick you in your Fat Gut with whatever verbiage I can muster in my contempt for your existence!

Put out the Drunk Con Shaat, and the Welfare Shaat, and attempt put downs about my Family (Living and Dead) all you want.....

Until the day you Go to the Light, are incarcerated for the Abuses you have told us about Little BOI's and what you like to do to them, or leave this place on Topix where you work out your Sexuality Issues, I WILL biotch slap you with your own psychotic revelations that you put out here.

Now, don't you have a Few Million Dollars to go and trade on the NYSE from your DOJO in the Sky, before you work on that MMA Body you have going?

How do you find time to grace us here with your abuses?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#77 Dec 14, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
Gee Al, you came back and responded to cant, but avoided my questions.
Let me throw another one into the mix. Then you can respond to all of the questions at one time, ok?
You said: "Both sides need each other. Workers have problems to deal with and employers have problems to deal with. The continued profitable operation of the business benefits both. That’s why each side needs to bring its needs to the bargaining and negotiate a solution equitable to both sides."
That works in the private sector, but does not work in the public sector since "management" in the public sector has no skin in the game. Management here would be the elected representatives who get truckloads of money and blocks of votes from union members in exchange for support on union issues.
If “management”(elected officials) over spend the company (government) does not go out of business They just raise taxes on the citizens to get more money.
Thus, the bargaining process in the public sector is tainted and an unfair advantage is held by the unions.
This is just one of the reasons public sector unions need to be banned in this country. Would you agree on that point?
I think I see where you’re coming from. The people that collect your garbage, plow your streets, put out fires, and protect you from criminals are second rate citizens that deserve no say in their wages and benefits. They should just be good little minions and accept what they are given and be thankful for it.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#78 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see where you’re coming from. The people that collect your garbage, plow your streets, put out fires, and protect you from criminals are second rate citizens that deserve no say in their wages and benefits. They should just be good little minions and accept what they are given and be thankful for it.
93% of private and 70% of public workers are not in unions. Are you calling them second rate citizens?
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#79 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see where you’re coming from. The people that collect your garbage, plow your streets, put out fires, and protect you from criminals are second rate citizens that deserve no say in their wages and benefits. They should just be good little minions and accept what they are given and be thankful for it.
Or maybe those people should only be able to negotiate with people that aren't elected with dollars provided by their union. A career civil servant that doesn't owe his position to MAPE or AFSCME.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#80 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see where you’re coming from. The people that collect your garbage, plow your streets, put out fires, and protect you from criminals are second rate citizens that deserve no say in their wages and benefits. They should just be good little minions and accept what they are given and be thankful for it.
Al, this is the United States of America. Unless Mr. Obama has issued another Executive Order to the contrary, you have the freedom to quit any job where you are not treated in a manner that you deem proper. That includes all government employees.

Now, if you are unskilled and uneducated, and are not qualified to enhance your job position or entice a better employer to hire you, that is your problem, not mine. Get some additional training and/or education so that your job skills are in demand. Then you will have no problem commanding a bigger paycheck and a more desirable job.

The job market does not stink if you have skills that are in demand by employers. You then hold the upper hand rather than the employer.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#81 Dec 14, 2012
"pretend" the government doesn't have a budget, just like any business, pretend there's a huge difference.... but you're morons if you see a pay advantage and aren't working there.... Oh right, you're so stupid, it HERTZ ~! LMAOROTFU~!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#82 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see where you’re coming from. The people that collect your garbage, plow your streets, put out fires, and protect you from criminals are second rate citizens that deserve no say in their wages and benefits. They should just be good little minions and accept what they are given and be thankful for it.
That is not what he said at all. They need to understand that they are effectively paying their own salaries with their taxes.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#83 Dec 14, 2012
Same thing happens when we buy all goods and services.... We work and use our compensation to trade...Oddly, you pretend it's different, but you're a moron...cantgetitup...
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#84 Dec 14, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
93% of private and 70% of public workers are not in unions. Are you calling them second rate citizens?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in 2010 unionized public sector workers earned an average weekly salary of $947, compared to $782 for their nonunion counterparts. All working people deserve the right to bargain collectively if they so choose.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#85 Dec 14, 2012
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what he said at all. They need to understand that they are effectively paying their own salaries with their taxes.
…but it doesn’t cost them any less to support themselves and their families.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#86 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
…but it doesn’t cost them any less to support themselves and their families.
But the rest of us are under no obligation to support them or their families. Only to pay for services rendered. That can be done just as easily through the private sector if need be. But as SL mentioned, the people who negotiate with public sector unions have nothing to lose as opposed to the private sector. Let's be fair about it then since we all have to pay. Every time a public sector union wants a larger pension or bigger payroll, let's let the people who are footing the bill decide. When they firefighters or police want more money, let's have a referendum and see how the employers (ie...taxpayers) feel about the level of service they are getting. It seems to work more or less for school levies. Sometimes they pass and sometimes they don't, depending on whether or not the taxpayers believe they really need the money.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#87 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in 2010 unionized public sector workers earned an average weekly salary of $947, compared to $782 for their nonunion counterparts. All working people deserve the right to bargain collectively if they so choose.
Do all working people deserve the right to choose not to belong to a union too? That is not the case in many fields in Minnesota. You don't have the freedom to choose not to belong to a union.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#88 Dec 14, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Do all working people deserve the right to choose not to belong to a union too? That is not the case in many fields in Minnesota. You don't have the freedom to choose not to belong to a union.
Smart Libel do working people deserve the right not to choose a Probationary period?

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#90 Dec 14, 2012
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>Smart Libel do working people deserve the right not to choose a Probationary period?
OK, what the hell does that mean?

Are you saying that the employer can not set the terms of employment for the employee? If so, what color is the sky in your world?
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#91 Dec 14, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Do all working people deserve the right to choose not to belong to a union too? That is not the case in many fields in Minnesota. You don't have the freedom to choose not to belong to a union.
Not true. See my post #2 of this thread on page 1 of this thread.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#92 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hate to mention this but I don’t live in Mason City Iowa. Topix says that for some reason but it’s not correct. I’ve lived in Minnesota all my life.
the point is the non-unionized plant had to lay-off 40-50 people last year and has re0hired some of them, yet 2 (if I recall correctly) unionized plants closed, how do you explain that?

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#93 Dec 14, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. See my post #2 of this thread on page 1 of this thread.
Al, it has been a long time since I was a union member so I am not up on the changes in the laws over the past few years, but I do know you can not accept a position as a school teacher in a public school without joining the union. You can not be a plumber on staff for the University of MN unless you join the union. You can not go to work at a union grocery store in MN unless you join the union.

You have no choice but to join the union.

Maybe every one of those organizations are in violation of certain labor laws, but I don't think so.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#94 Dec 14, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Al, it has been a long time since I was a union member so I am not up on the changes in the laws over the past few years, but I do know you can not accept a position as a school teacher in a public school without joining the union. You can not be a plumber on staff for the University of MN unless you join the union. You can not go to work at a union grocery store in MN unless you join the union.
You have no choice but to join the union.
Maybe every one of those organizations are in violation of certain labor laws, but I don't think so.
actually I believe there may be an exception to that rule, the union can vote to allow new workers to work non-unionized, however in exchange they must pay (the union decides how much via a vote) up to 87%(I may be wrong on the number but it is WAY over 50%) of all union dues and whatever else a member would pay, in which case you might as well just join the union.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#95 Dec 14, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, what the hell does that mean?
Are you saying that the employer can not set the terms of employment for the employee? If so, what color is the sky in your world?
I see that you have never worked in a union shop,management and union makes an agreement that new shop employess under go a probation period to review the new employee preformance standards to include absenteeism,tardiness,safety rules,break and lunch times,etc,etc my probation lasted ninety days
after you pass that period you are a member of the union,my ex union offered medical benefits,life and disability ins.,vacation and sick leave,etc,etc and a permanent job and also or own credit union membership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 59 min Earthling-1 32,789
Marriage Man and a Woman 6 hr LIbEralS 10
Ebola Spreads to Texas 6 hr Billy 3
Why? 6 hr Billy 7
Elizabeth warren 11 hr Zoey Jaja 10
Beheading suspect likely radicalized in jail — ... 11 hr cowboy chris 2
Black Bear Fights Back During Vicious Murder 12 hr Tang Wong Chew 1

Minneapolis Jobs

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]