A mother's vaccine journey

Mar 26, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: StarTribune

Hodan Hassan of Minneapolis understands why some parents are afraid to have their children vaccinated.

Comments
61 - 80 of 228 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2013

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

14

10

6

Huh, you cant even get that right. It isn't about what you or I think. Hello. It's about what other's thin and it's clear what the majority think on this site, which is a bummer for you.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

9

5

5

friend wrote:
Huh, you cant even get that right. It isn't about what you or I think. Hello. It's about what other's thin and it's clear what the majority think on this site, which is a bummer for you.
Bummer 4 U. U can't even express it.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

14

8

7

Great! More links! And more evidence of title-reading only!
First up: A case study!
"MMR vaccination has been proved to be safe and to reduce significantly the number of reported infections due to these viruses."
"Twenty days later he presented" that child displayed symptom's of fever and a rash, 20 days after that, palsy of the inferior oblique muscle. But when the child was 5 years old, visual acuity and stereopsis tests were normal! Besides that, the incubation period is no twenty days! Hello!

We'll skip Whale for obviois reasons.
The next link, you cant read all of pages without purchasing it (although you can find a free full PDF file of it) but the very first sentence is
"That vaccinations are helpful to society is without question".
The rest is based on the whole cell vaccine, and studies done in the 1940's. Without the ability to read the rest, and basing any thing off just the first page is useless. Reading the whole thing (which would be well over anti vaxxers heads) it's about the whole cell vaccine and thimerosal. HELLO!
Awful Tooth

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

10

7

7

You're arguing with a bored, drunken, loser, who takes welfare, food stamps & free medical, you're wasting your time.
friend blah blah

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

4

friend wrote:
Great! More links! And more evidence of title-reading only!
First up: A case study!
"MMR vaccination has been proved to be safe and to reduce significantly the number of reported infections due to these viruses."
"Twenty days later he presented" that child displayed symptom's of fever and a rash, 20 days after that, palsy of the inferior oblique muscle. But when the child was 5 years old, visual acuity and stereopsis tests were normal! Besides that, the incubation period is no twenty days! Hello!
We'll skip Whale for obviois reasons.
The next link, you cant read all of pages without purchasing it (although you can find a free full PDF file of it) but the very first sentence is
"That vaccinations are helpful to society is without question".
The rest is based on the whole cell vaccine, and studies done in the 1940's. Without the ability to read the rest, and basing any thing off just the first page is useless. Reading the whole thing (which would be well over anti vaxxers heads) it's about the whole cell vaccine and thimerosal. HELLO!
you have zero credibility so your twisted rant only makes you look immature. There is usefull information regardless of your automatic dismissal and duh moment. To say vaccine reactions can only happen in an arbitray 20 days shows you are dumb and vaccine makers know it happens in over 20 days.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

14

7

7

The automatic dismissal is based on
1) a single case
2) there were no long term results or affects
3) and best of all, it has nothing at all to do with autism.

Have fun with your own DUH moment, but thanks for the study!
friend blah blah

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

6

6

friend wrote:
The automatic dismissal is based on
1) a single case
2) there were no long term results or affects
3) and best of all, it has nothing at all to do with autism.
Have fun with your own DUH moment, but thanks for the study!
zero credibility

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

14

6

6

Perfect credibility. It came from YOUR link!
It's amazing any anti vaxxer would link to that study, and also miss the very end statement "In conclusion, public confidence in immunization must be maintained because safety and efficacy of MMR vaccination is clearly demonstrated; however potential adverse events must be strictly and carefully monitored."

And since you keep coming back for more and more debunking, come on, let's have another link.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

4

friend wrote:
You need a biology class as well. Regardless of the percentage of genetics found, by no means does it leave the rest pointing to any where, let alone to vaccines. Health agencies don't hate a thing, because why? There is no evidence linking vaccines to the cause of autism. And for those vaccines that contain adjuvants, again, which vaccines are those??? And for those antigens, do you know how many you're exposed to on a daily bases in full force, not a small portion as what's in vaccines?? Here's a little tid bit. If you have two children with autism, the chances that the third will be autistic are around 35%. By parents reports many didn't vaccinate their 2nd and 3rd child due to the first child having autism, but those other children who didn't get vaccines still had autism as well. Or did you forget about THOSE most parental experiences!
you are really stupid. every vaccine has adjuvants...that is how they boost immunity. antigen in nature? name me one that is injected in your bloodstream by passing body's first defense system. vaccinology101 for you. now tell me of any antigen in nature...man fabricated which again is shoot down in your blood stream. now show me your proof where first, second child got vaccinated and third didnt ending up with autism. why do you have cdc database at home. you are funny lol. As for those parental experiences, they are the most accurate one since all variables: timing of autism regression after vaccination, the sudden fever, screaming...are all so similar that if it was one or two casese you could say may be but when you have 100000 cases...that cannot be ignored. but who wants to convince a fool like you. stool is always a stool. go back to school and finish your elementary.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

4

friend wrote:
Perfect credibility. It came from YOUR link!
It's amazing any anti vaxxer would link to that study, and also miss the very end statement "In conclusion, public confidence in immunization must be maintained because safety and efficacy of MMR vaccination is clearly demonstrated; however potential adverse events must be strictly and carefully monitored."
And since you keep coming back for more and more debunking, come on, let's have another link.
public is very worried and has no confidence in Vaccines causing autism. thats why these companies are doing their clinical studies in poor south american countries. they can shut down the poor people but here we know whar garbage these vaccines are

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

14

9

9

You're wrong, again. No, not every vaccine has adjuvants and you don't even know what ones they are that do! Let me give you a clue, 4 vaccines never contained adjuvants.
Vaccines are also not injected into the blood stream. Hello! They are intramuscular!!

Seems to be with all the outbreaks of measles and pertussis, the general public IS vaccinating and realized the fear Wakefield caused put their children at horrible risk.

And just what do you think happens when a child contracts a virus? They get fevers and scream. Same thing happens for the common cold. But where are those 10k parents?? Anti vaxxers keep claiming they're there, but where the heck are they??? Produce the 10k!

Guess you failed vaccinology101 and the only one who is funny here would be you!

Debunked, yet again.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

7

5

5

Those would be the anti social behaviors from a debunked anti vaxxer..... instead of presenting facts, he attacks!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

8

6

6

friend wrote:
Great! More links! And more evidence of title-reading only!
First up: A case study!
"MMR vaccination has been proved to be safe and to reduce significantly the number of reported infections due to these viruses."
"Twenty days later he presented" that child displayed symptom's of fever and a rash, 20 days after that, palsy of the inferior oblique muscle. But when the child was 5 years old, visual acuity and stereopsis tests were normal! Besides that, the incubation period is no twenty days! Hello!
We'll skip Whale for obviois reasons.
The next link, you cant read all of pages without purchasing it (although you can find a free full PDF file of it) but the very first sentence is
"That vaccinations are helpful to society is without question".
The rest is based on the whole cell vaccine, and studies done in the 1940's. Without the ability to read the rest, and basing any thing off just the first page is useless. Reading the whole thing (which would be well over anti vaxxers heads) it's about the whole cell vaccine and thimerosal. HELLO!
As well as those anti-vaxxers do NOT realize that the spectrum of autism has quite a few genetic links. The ant-vaxxers want to believe that everyone has perfect genes. And that everyone passes on those so called perfect genes.
.
http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/15/new-gen... In one of the largest-ever studies of genetics and autism, researchers have identified 24 new gene variants associated with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). The work also confirms that 31 variants previously linked to the developmental disorder may serve as useful genetic markers for identifying those with the condition.
.
http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/new... Autism isn't just frustrating for parents. It is frustrating for scientists too.
....There is clearly a genetic part to autism. It tends to run in families. And identical twins, who share the same genes, are much more likely to both have autism than are fraternal twins.
....So genes are involved. But it isn't easy to nail down what is going on genetically with autism.
.
http://www.livescience.com/35520-many-genes-b... The researchers looked for genes that had "copy number variants" in people with autism . A cell normally has two of every gene: one copy that people inherit from their mother, and the other from their father. But often there are extra or missing copies, and anytime the total number varies from two, the person is said to have a copy number variant (CNV).
.....In comparing the genes of 1,224 children who had autism with those of 2,271 of their parents and of 3,801 children without autism, the researchers found nearly 800 CNVs unique to the children with autism.
.....Some of the variants were so rare they appeared in only one family.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

12

8

8

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as those anti-vaxxers do NOT realize that the spectrum of autism has quite a few genetic links. The ant-vaxxers want to believe that everyone has perfect genes. And that everyone passes on those so called perfect genes.
It's all relates to acceptance, and those who cant then need to find something to blame.
There isn't one anti vaxxer who has not abused studies or remotely were truthful. For instance vaccines injected into the blood stream and which vaccines have adjuvants. Or relying on a single case study having nothing at all to do with autism. Anti vaxxers are so wrapped up into the blame, they become anti social and rely on abusive tactics towards others to prove their evidence any time a study threatens their choice of blame. What anti vaxxers don't realzie is the general population's reaction to this behavior does them no good. Parents don't make choices based on persoanl abuse towards another.
I came across this study the other day-
Study finds that a subset of children often considered to have autism may be misdiagnosed

UC Davis MIND Institute research finds rigorous evaluations are needed to accurately diagnose autism in children with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome
http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/min...
Tea Party People

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

13

8

8

You can either believe an air-head like Jenny McCarthy, or you can believe decades of proof.
Many a family lost a child to one of these illnesses before they were eradicated by vaccines.

Since: Jul 13

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

8

6

3

Autism is a scary disease, however there are ways to get rid of it. If you believe, stem cell treatment is the best way to stay healthy and get over autism. Why not try it?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

10

6

6

Stem cell therapy is at best experimental, costly and controversial. There is no evidence stem cell therapy will 'get rid' of autism, but there is great evidence it will deplete your bank account.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

11

6

6

Advancells wrote:
Autism is a scary disease, however there are ways to get rid of it. If you believe, stem cell treatment is the best way to stay healthy and get over autism. Why not try it?
Autism is NOT a disease. One can cure a disease. Autism can NOT be cured.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

10

6

6

friend wrote:
You're wrong, again. No, not every vaccine has adjuvants and you don't even know what ones they are that do! Let me give you a clue, 4 vaccines never contained adjuvants.
Vaccines are also not injected into the blood stream. Hello! They are intramuscular!!
Seems to be with all the outbreaks of measles and pertussis, the general public IS vaccinating and realized the fear Wakefield caused put their children at horrible risk.
And just what do you think happens when a child contracts a virus? They get fevers and scream. Same thing happens for the common cold. But where are those 10k parents?? Anti vaxxers keep claiming they're there, but where the heck are they??? Produce the 10k!
Guess you failed vaccinology101 and the only one who is funny here would be you!
Debunked, yet again.
like i said you are dumb... you said in your previous post that which vaccines has adjuvants, like there was none. now you say its only four. dont write about stuff you have zero knowledge of....all inactivated vaccines have an adjuvant. now google it and come back and post as you know something...hahahhahaha

only vaxx pushers deny deny deny...we dont need your post to convince us. we are convinced autism is caused by vaccination...thats why even nurses and doctors fear the vaccines. vaxx pushers always want to convince others....get the shot then you dont have nothing to worry about , you are IMMUNIZED. dis you ever ask yourself why you get flu shot and then still get the flu next month...thats because its garbage...pharma wants just to sell., old people young people they dont care as long as they sell.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

10

6

6

Tea Party People wrote:
You can either believe an air-head like Jenny McCarthy, or you can believe decades of proof.
Many a family lost a child to one of these illnesses before they were eradicated by vaccines.
a post from tea bagging party. vaccination based on fear mongering. before you take the shot google people who got paralyzed after vaccination....check it out

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr litesong 32,422
Proposed high-voltage power lines raise fears i... (Apr '09) 2 hr lieht 94
Drop one word....add one word game 3 hr Capt Crunch 81
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr Huh 26,225
Robin Williams Emmys tribute criticised for inc... 8 hr cantmakeitup 11
Debate: Ferguson - Minneapolis, MN 10 hr NSNovum 75
Hero USC footballer Josh Shaw injured saving dr... 10 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 1
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••