Minnesota Twins: Ron Gardenhire defends how he handles injuries

Minnesota Twins manager Ron Gardenhire this morning defended the way he is handling injuries that forced six regulars to miss today's day-night doubleheader with the Tampa Bay Rays. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Awesome

Rosemount, MN

#1 Apr 28, 2011
"I don't question the heart or desire" Gardenhire said.

That's the problem!
jack

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 28, 2011
hey gardy,these babies on your team are going to get you fired!!!!!!!!!!
stu

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 28, 2011
Awesome wrote:
That's the problem!
i wish gardy would tell the truth!!!!!!! he can't be that blind can he??????????
mr smooth

Fredericksburg, TX

#5 Apr 28, 2011
manager of the year-----YAWN!!

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 28, 2011
Awesome wrote:
That's the problem!
I couldn't agree more. Maybe we should question the heart and desire of the manager. Fire Gardy. Bring in a manager who isn't afraid to call them out or light a fire under them. Bring in a manager who knows how to win a playoff series.
truth

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 28, 2011
Thanks for the division championships Gardy. I want a manager with some fire. I want a manager who is going to win me a playoff series. I want a manager that is going to win me one F#$#@$# playoff game. I want a manager that cares about winning baseball games.

Since: Jul 08

St. Paul

#8 Apr 28, 2011
"I walk through the training room, I talk to them every day. If a guy's hurt, he's hurt," he said. "I don't question heart or desire in this clubhouse. These guys have it. I know they want to play."

Spoken like a true coward who lets the inmates run the asylum...

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 28, 2011
I regret the decision to buy tickets for games this year. The manager is a loser. The players are losers. Management has no desire to do what it takes to win a World Series. This team is incredibly boring to watch.
griddy

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 28, 2011
"Young officially has a strained oblique muscle, but Gardenhire said Wednesday, "There was no soreness."

So anyone can take time off whenever they feel like it? This how you run a championship team?
I've lost all respect for this collection of spoiled brats and management that won't do anything about it.
hey guy

AOL

#12 Apr 28, 2011
Why would anyone buy tickets? The Twins are fortunate to get away charging overpriced tix and inflated concessions!! I happen to go to a game, the tix was $60 lower level (a friend paid), and the seats were same size or smaller than sitting at Dome! Two hardshell tacos and one soda =$11.00!!
Jimbo92107

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Side note: Did you see Luke Hughes field one of Alexi Casilla's embarrassingly frequent short-hop throws to first base? Hughes laughed about it, as if to say,'That was fun, do it again, mate!'

Even Casilla had to smile. I like Luke Hughes. He's got a little pirate in him.
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#14 Apr 28, 2011
Blaming Gardy for injuries and illness is idiotic! Things simply cannot get worse for the Twins so perhaps over the long course of the season the wins will come though there is such a thing as digging too deep of a hole. The questions of who to trade this summer might get dicey!
Phil Lesh

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 28, 2011
Go_Ponies wrote:
I regret the decision to buy tickets for games this year. The manager is a loser. The players are losers. Management has no desire to do what it takes to win a World Series. This team is incredibly boring to watch.
they got their new stadium and they got their nice little divison title flag to wave above Target Field....that is ALL the Pohlads wanted...anything else is a bonus. They will let Gardy manage as long as he wants the job. Nothing will change with this team unless the fans stop coming to the games and that appears it won't happen anytime soon. This is the worst collection of Twins ballplayers in at least 10 years. They sit back and take it all, the manager allows his top players to play when THEY want, not when they should. He does not like to be questioned, he is God to this organization and he will remain so as long as he wants. This team has NO leader, either on or off the field, no fire, nothing. They are the softest bunch of pansies I have ever seen on a Twins team. They are embarrassing to watch, I can't really even watch them on TV. I actually watched a Walton's rerun today instead of these a55 clowns play....totally disgusting. The inmates are running the asylum and it shows...
mike

Pipestone, MN

#16 Apr 28, 2011
Gardy is the hero when they win but it's never his fault when they stink!
Fabio

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Apr 28, 2011
I am glad. Tickets are going to be super easy to get this summer. Wow. Talk about poor managing. Gardy is so overrated.
RYK

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Apr 28, 2011
the twinkies are a bunch of pansies...I wonder if they could beat the Saints?

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#19 Apr 29, 2011
Gardy should go the way of Brewster and Childress
PeteP

Ely, MN

#20 Apr 29, 2011
This bunch of pansies don't want to go the extra mile. Cuddyer is right they have no passion. Gardenhire don't want to wrinkle any feathers and wants to be nice guy Gardy which will get him fired because he has no nads. It never works to have the inmates run the show.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#21 Apr 29, 2011
Blackburn: "I just couldn't throw strikes," he said. "Everything I threw went straight in the dirt."

Obviously not..

After surrendering seven runs, five earned, on eight hits and four walks in 3 1/3 innings
driscoll

Eden Prairie, MN

#22 Apr 29, 2011
What a dork! Time for a manager with some fire!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama is Clearly a Muslim 38 min Guy Wiliford II 146
A Few Inches of Snow Out East 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 21
Benghazi-Gate OBAMA not allowing access to surv... (Mar '13) 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 342
Leaving White Trash Bay 2 hr Space ace 14
Another Black Attorney General 3 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 3
The Army's findings on Bergdahl NOT to be relea... 4 hr Kuna kintay 26
Dayton recommends budget cuts for Minneapolis P... 4 hr cowboy chris 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out