Maher HATES army soldiers

Maher HATES army soldiers

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#1 Apr 8, 2013
SEBASTIAN JUNGER: Everything has a kind of intensity. The soldiers arenít psychopaths, they donít miss killing, they donít miss getting killed, but what they miss is that sense of meaning and the bond that arises in that situation. You know, platoon, most of the guys in a platoon would risk their life for everyone else in the platoon. You canít recreate that back home and thatís what they miss.

BILL MAHER: Well, some of them are psychopaths. I mean, letís be honest. Some people join the Army because it's the one place where you can kill people for free. Where you're not charged with murder. I'm not saying that's the main component of it, but I mean that is some attraction

JUNGER: There are probably psychopaths in every population. But the guys that I knew out there actually were, they were incredibly aware of the Afghans because they knew if they alienated the local population they would be in more danger. And they were really, really careful, actually.

http://www.hbo.com/#/real-time-with-bill-mahe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new hampshire results 36 min DSM Local 8
Outrage!!! Boy and Elsa Dress Disney Day School 54 min DSM Local 4
massive brainwashing 1 hr TOASTER 29
News Chelsea Clinton rallies the faithful in Twin Ci... 1 hr TOASTER 23
State Patrol endangers unborn baby. 3 hr DSM Local 10
Obama Policy " Catch and Release " 3 hr FOVR 17
The situation in Syria will get worse and peace... 4 hr USA USA USA USA 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages