Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Minnesota's Governor, Senate, and House are all Dem now.

In two short years his state will be in financial ruin just like CA and IL. And they will not be able to blame it on anyone but themselves.

----------

Minnesota Legislature: Session begins with tradition and ritual

By Bill Salisbury, Megan Boldt and Doug Belden

Updated: 01/08/2013 08:12:00 PM CST

The Minnesota Legislature kicked off its 2013 session Tuesday, Jan. 8, with the usual flurry of family and friends witnessing members taking their oaths of office and the traditional House and Senate organizational rituals. But there was one big change: Democrats are in control of the whole show at the Capitol for the first time in 22 years.

Newly elected House Speaker Paul Thissen, DFL-Minneapolis, signaled his party's priorities by announcing the first five bills to be introduced in the House would call for paying back money borrowed from schools, providing property tax refunds to homeowners and renters, creating a state health insurance exchange and pumping more money into state grants for business expansion and foreign exports.

But first, Thissen said, lawmakers must erase a projected $1.1 billion shortfall in the next two-year budget.

"Our first and foremost job is to get the budget done, and that's where our focus is going to be," he said.

Legislators won't get down to budget-making in earnest until after Gov. Mark Dayton submits his tax and spending proposals, which are due Jan. 22. The governor missed the start of the session while recovering from back surgery performed in late December.

Opening day got under way with a minimum of partisan debate as lawmakers in both houses elected their officers, adopted temporary rules and took care of other routine business.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_22335358/minneso...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Americans Still Blame Bush More Than Obama for Bad Economy
About half of Republicans blame Bush
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans continue to place more blame for the nation's economic problems on George W. Bush than on Barack Obama, even though Bush left office more than three years ago. The relative economic blame given to Bush versus Obama today is virtually the same as it was last September.

Trend: How Much Are George W. Bush and Barack Obama to Blame for U.S. Economy?

Gallup first asked this "blame assessment" question in July 2009, six months after Obama became president. At that point, 80% of Americans gave Bush a great deal or a moderate amount of blame, compared with 32% who ascribed the same level of blame for the bad economy to Obama. The percentage blaming Bush dropped to about 70% in August 2010, and has stayed roughly in that range since. Meanwhile, about half of Americans have blamed Obama since March 2010, with little substantive change from then to the present.

Americans continue to name the economy as the most important problem facing the country, and in an election that likely will be defined by a struggling economy, the question of who is responsible for it will weigh heavily in voters' minds. Both Obama and presumed Republican nominee Mitt Romney as a result have focused heavily on the economy in their campaigns, the most recent example of which is the major economic speech Obama will deliver Thursday in the key swing state of Ohio. Romney has attempted to place blame for the country's continuing economic struggles squarely on Obama's shoulders. At the same time, the Obama campaign is trying to deflect blame away from the president, in part by assigning blame to his predecessor.

The relative amount of blame Americans give to Obama and to Bush has largely stabilized over the last two years. It remains to be seen whether Americans are open to further discussion of those issues in the months remaining before the Nov. 6 election, or whether their minds are made up.

Half of Republicans Blame Bush

Republicans and Democrats distribute economic blame in different ways, as was the case last September. Democrats follow what might be described as a fairly traditional pattern: 90% blame Bush, in contrast to 19% who blame Obama.

Republicans, however, are more ecumenical in their blame, with 83% blaming Obama a great deal or moderate amount and 49% ascribing the same level of blame to Bush. Republicans, in short, are significantly more willing to blame their most recent Republican president than are Democrats willing to blame Obama.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I read this somewhere, funny how "stories" change....

Trolls/ball sack boi<quoted text> If you can find a flux capacitor, I will travel back in time with Michael J Fox, log in to Topix, and complain about Bush, Sure! You wont catch me defending Bush. He made PLENTY of mistakes.
I have never said Bush didn't make mistakes. I will even admit that they affected Obama's presidency...

IrishMN <quoted text>
When have you ever seen me beating the drum for Bush by saying he did not start diggin us into the hole we are in?
The best thing Bush did was leave office.
We could not afford 4 more years of GWB.....

Yet, ALL of you hypocrite humper bois CRY, whenever we mention ANY Bush culpability !??? WOW ! What a pair.... Mae West would be proud of you boobs ! LMAOROTF !
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Nice to see you "recycling", it Hertz to see such stupidity, tho....
consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
Nice to see you "recycling", it Hertz to see such stupidity, tho....
Bahhayahayahaayyhaaaah!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Nice to see you "recycling"your PhillipKs VodKa, it Hertz to see such stupidity, tho....
insistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Nice to see you "recycling"your PhillipKs VodKa, it Hertz to see such stupidity, tho....
Bayahahayahahyahahhhnotaaaahte reaaaahuncledaddyahahahaayhaha hahok!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oh, look, Consistent has recovered from his Phillips vodka induced coma long enough to attempt posting another unintelligible rant in every thread. LMAOROTFu~!

You promised, I'd be gone the fifth...Did you mean you'd "think" I was gone, after another fifth of DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKA !?? LMAOROTFU~!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

In 2014, when the DFL has raised taxes AGAIN on the middle class, and they have stolen from the educational funds for the 2nd year in a row, and the State of Minnesota is faced with bankruptcy, where will Gov GoogleyEyes be?

Will he be:

1. Hiding under his desk again.
2. Hiding in his townhouse with a numerous bottles of pills and lots of scotch.
3. Long since resigned and living in France.
4. Institutionalized for his annual "vacation to a secret location".
5. All of the above.
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
In 2014, when the DFL has raised taxes AGAIN on the middle class, and they have stolen from the educational funds for the 2nd year in a row, and the State of Minnesota is faced with bankruptcy, where will Gov GoogleyEyes be?
Will he be:
1. Hiding under his desk again.
2. Hiding in his townhouse with a numerous bottles of pills and lots of scotch.
3. Long since resigned and living in France.
4. Institutionalized for his annual "vacation to a secret location".
5. All of the above.
I know this is a rhetorical question, but the answer is all of the above and more.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Nice game, can I make stuff up and be impotent ???
Intent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Fauching Psychotic,

"can I make stuff up and be impotent ???"

There is a picture of you and your Sheep Copulating in the Encyclopedia next to "Made up shaat from Dangerous Sociopaths".

I will have no sympathy for you and your Co-Sheeple when justice is meted out!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Did the widdle con get tired of being identified ?? LMAOROTFU~! Poor widdle baby....
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
Don't bother making it up, just go look it up in the urban dictionary, slewche.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
Did the widdle con get tired of being identified ?? LMAOROTFU~! Poor widdle baby....
Fellow Posters,

I am dead serious when I say Topix needs to be held to account for allowing the Self Declared Dangerous Sociopath, Seattle Slewage (And all her other Name Stealing Persona's), to continue to post here.

Not because of the Scumbag she is, but because she needs to have more stringent controls placed on her in order to protect those around her.

She WILL go Columbine one day, and Topix needs to be held to account for not doing the right thing.

I ask the Seattle Sociopath to "Go to the Light" in all seriousness. I hope she goes alone, and soon, BEFORE she decides that as a Victim, others need to suffer on her way out!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Impeachment Delusion 8 min Seattle Slime 11
Flood of Illegal Immigrant Children into Texas ... 2 hr BareBack Obama 24
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr litesong 31,855
Review: Banfield Pet Hospital Dr. Ross Elton DV... 2 hr BareBack Obama 2
Minnesota firefighters to search for 2 hikers 2 hr BareBack Obama 1
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 2 hr BareBack Obama 14
Fridley: Woman survives stabbing by boyfriend, ... 2 hr Sam Ollie 3
•••
•••