St. Croix bridge tolls, higher gas tax may be ahead

There are 14 comments on the Star Tribune story from Feb 16, 2013, titled St. Croix bridge tolls, higher gas tax may be ahead. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

This undated artist rendering released by the Minnesota Department of Transportation shows the proposed St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

goose

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Higher taxes and TOLLS! What do you expect with with progressives in charge!
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 17, 2013
goose wrote:
Higher taxes and TOLLS! What do you expect with with progressives in charge!
Gov Macy says everyone else has to pay. But not him.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Everyone should be in agreement on charging a toll for use of the new Stillwater bridge. This one is a no-brainer - let the people that wanted the bridge - the Minnesotan's that moved to western Wisconsin - pay for the bridge.
Dave

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Didn't I hear Michele Bachmann taking credit for this project last Fall? Oh well, probably just me.

When you're desperate for material almost anything will have to do.
goose

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
Everyone should be in agreement on charging a toll for use of the new Stillwater bridge. This one is a no-brainer - let the people that wanted the bridge - the Minnesotan's that moved to western Wisconsin - pay for the bridge.
Logic to what you say however it will just open the door for more Toll roads.
I recall this talk about 610 when they first started building it.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 18, 2013
Hey, if you want to move 75 miles out of the city then complain about freeway access to the city, I say you should pay for it. I'm fine with toll roads and user fees. Let those who use services pay for them.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#7 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
Hey, if you want to move 75 miles out of the city then complain about freeway access to the city, I say you should pay for it. I'm fine with toll roads and user fees. Let those who use services pay for them.
Then any Minnesotan using 90/94 to go south can pay WI a toll.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#8 Feb 18, 2013
You know every train track and bridge and damm and road and sidewalk have been made by tax money....yet all of a sudden the far right has a problem with it....It is how this nation was built..To me taxes were meant for bridges and roads and public works...NOT FOR WAR AND PROPING UP OTHER NATIONS..
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Feb 18, 2013
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Then any Minnesotan using 90/94 to go south can pay WI a toll.
You've probably never heard of the Eisenhower Interstate system.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#10 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
You know every train track and bridge and damm and road and sidewalk have been made by tax money....yet all of a sudden the far right has a problem with it....It is how this nation was built..To me taxes were meant for bridges and roads and public works...NOT FOR WAR AND PROPING UP OTHER NATIONS..
Instead, the taxes always seem to be used for the endless pit of Education.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You've probably never heard of the Eisenhower Interstate system.
Never.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#12 Feb 18, 2013
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead, the taxes always seem to be used for the endless pit of Education.
Education is important also. We all know budgets need to be cut....Which ones and in what order....list state and federal top ten....
Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Feb 18, 2013
goose wrote:
Higher taxes and TOLLS! What do you expect with with progressives in charge!
the sign will say ( Welcome to Minnesota, you will be TAXED on all things )
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Feb 19, 2013
Minnesota is renowned for having one of the best standards of living in the United States.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you vets 2 hr space ace 7
bernie sanders anti american operative 2 hr space ace 1
Minneapolis PedalPub riders hit with water ball... 4 hr Finn Lander 20
More clinics offering legal advice to patients ... 4 hr Finn Lander 2
Best massage in Minneapolis 4 hr Finn Lander 11
2016 race heating up 4 hr space ace 1
austin red gaurds 8 hr space ace 1
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]