Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 18, 2013
 
Poll: Majority see Iraq War as a mistake

Source: Salon


Ten years later, 53 percent say the U.S. should not have invaded Iraq

BY JILLIAN RAYFIELD

A new Gallup poll finds that on the tenth anniversary of the Iraq War, the majority of those surveyed see the invastion as a mistake. 53 percent said the U.S.”made a mistake sending troops to fight in Iraq,” while 42 percent said it was not a mistake.

Americans’ negative view of the war reached its high point in 2008, when 63 percent said it was a mistake.

From Gallup:

Americans initially supported the war, with substantial majorities in 2003 saying the U.S. decision to get involved in Iraq was not a mistake. However, attitudes changed relatively quickly, and by the summer of 2004, a majority of Americans called the war a mistake.

Opinions fluctuated somewhat thereafter but, with one exception, since August 2005, a majority has said the war was a mistake each time Gallup has asked the question — and at several points, more than 60% said so. The last time Gallup asked this question, in August 2010, 55% called the war a mistake.

Read more: http://www.salon.com/2013/03/18/poll_majority...

----------

link to Gallup Poll:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/161399/10th-annive...
Christingle Matthews

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 18, 2013
 
Bush should be charged with crimes against humnaity for dragging us into the Iraq war.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The big mistake was not killing the Iranians first.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

CRASSUS wrote:
The big mistake was not killing the Iranians first.
Agreed, Iraq and Iran were Mortal enemies... Now they love each other (except for the kurdistan region). We need to be smarter about foreign policy
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bush should be charged with crimes against humanity, for dragging us into the Iraq war.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This nice thing about looking in the rear view mirror, is we have perfect vision because nothing will change, therefore it becomes predictable. The hard thing is looking into the future and making decisions based on "what ifs" and "maybes" Wilson, FDR, Truman, Kennedy, all Dems by the way, all faced the same decisions. Wilson and FDR, came out unscathed, Truman and Kennedy and now Bush, did not. Perils of sitting at the top of pyramid.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The nice thing about you, is you say nothing poorly, except rhetoric & racism.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 18, 2013
 
The nice thing about you, is you say nothing poorly, except rhetoric & racism.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 19, 2013
 
Bushwhacker wrote:
The nice thing about you, is you say nothing poorly, except rhetoric & racism.
ditto!!
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Past is the Past...

The Question now is the Oil, we may not need the Middle East and their oil anymore... If that day comes, do we dare LEAVE?

-Here is a small recap I found (not 100% but short enough)

---"Although many believe that the US-Israel alliance is the foundation of America’s Middle East policy, it was dependence on imported oil that motivated the US to establish a dominant military presence in the region after 1945. Indeed, until the six-day war of June 1967, the US was not a major supplier of military hardware to Israel. America’s military presence was intended, above all, to preserve the Arab status quo and, hence, the flow of energy from the Persian Gulf, for the benefit of the US, its allies, and the entire global economy."
http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/RToZLjxCF9GOe...

--So do we leave and allow the Chinese/Iranians/Russians to step in? Will it matter if we do?
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

We don't need a single drop of oil or natural gas from the middle east. That is, if we allow the harvesting of them right he in the US. Now, just who is standing in the way of this?
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 19, 2013
 
LIbEralS wrote:
We don't need a single drop of oil or natural gas from the middle east. That is, if we allow the harvesting of them right he in the US. Now, just who is standing in the way of this?
Say BECOME ENERGY INDEPENDENT, then what (in relation to the Middle East & Isreal)? That is the question I'm asking.
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

DSM Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Say BECOME ENERGY INDEPENDENT, then what (in relation to the Middle East & Isreal)? That is the question I'm asking.
I think you're a mistake and a terrorist with that racist crassus you 2 proved it when you were talking about carb pen terrorism the other day
PHD2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 19, 2013
 
Bush and 100% of Congress dragged the USA into the Iraq war.

Citizens of the USA change their minds about war depending on the position in history. After 911 about everyone in the USA was ready to go to war with somebody anybody.

Now that we have experianced the downside of Iraq and Afghanistan the tide of opinion is against any war one anyone.

It would be interesting to poll the citizens what they think of every war the USA was ever involved in over the years. Take an annual poll in order to watch how the tide changes over time depending on when the last war we were involved in.

A poll would be more interesting if results were reported of people who served in the military and those who have not.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're a mistake and a terrorist with that racist crassus you 2 proved it when you were talking about carb pen terrorism the other day
Just because I don't agree with you doesn't equate to terrorism
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

You're bad for America, space case...
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bushwhacker wrote:
You're bad for America, space case...
he didn't even comment here, you're losing what little you have left
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

You're bad for America, space case...& all other monikers...
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 20, 2013
 
Arab hopes for Obama have steadily declined, reports the Guardian, since his 2009 Cairo speech. America, in fact, is less popular now in parts of the Muslim world than it was when George W. Bush was president

http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/20/president-o...

Huh, who would have thought
PHD2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DSM Local wrote:
Arab hopes for Obama have steadily declined, reports the Guardian, since his 2009 Cairo speech. America, in fact, is less popular now in parts of the Muslim world than it was when George W. Bush was president
http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/20/president-o...
Huh, who would have thought
Obama is a closet war hawk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••