North American Old Catholic Church to ordain transgender priest in Minneapolis

Jan 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: City Pages

During the run up to the November election, some Minnesota Catholics openly expressed displeasure with their church's gay unfriendliness .

Comments
41 - 60 of 85 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#42 Jan 11, 2013
I am aware of this little mutation. It is quite rare and few if any of those who claim to be transgender suffer from this malady. Hence the term "intersex". Transgender generally refers to those who, with a combination of hormone therapy and cosmetic surgery, attempt to convert from one gender to another. There is currently no way to change either the DNA or the chromosome makeup.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45 Jan 12, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Many are found, few are chosen!
That's "Many are CALLED..."

But I've yet to see that our soteriologies are in agreement.

Ours is that the way is SO simple and uncomplicated that few can actually get their heads around it. They themselves are too complicated as persons, with too many mental encrustations obstructing the purity and simplicity of the way.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#46 Jan 12, 2013
God loves all people.
goose

Wheaton, IL

#47 Jan 12, 2013
Consistent wrote:
God loves all people.
Yes he does, but not all things they do.

Location hidden

#48 Jan 12, 2013
goose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he does, but not all things they do.
Nope.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#51 Jan 12, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
I am aware of this little mutation. It is quite rare and few if any of those who claim to be transgender suffer from this malady. Hence the term "intersex". Transgender generally refers to those who, with a combination of hormone therapy and cosmetic surgery, attempt to convert from one gender to another. There is currently no way to change either the DNA or the chromosome makeup.
I agree it is pretty rare. but in some areas, it is more common. due to it affecting the genes. and those genes are carried. but when they start adding up. it might be more common than thought of. since many of those who show both genders in many cases get not only assigned a gender. but many get operated on. it is possible that some of the transgender folks might actually have been born as intersexed folks.
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1015520...
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#52 Jan 12, 2013
God loves all people.
goose

Wheaton, IL

#54 Jan 12, 2013
Consistent wrote:
God loves all people.
Yes he does love all people!
He does not love everything people elect to do.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#55 Jan 12, 2013
Schmahl, you know NOTHING about God.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#56 Jan 12, 2013
sweet... this group rocks

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#57 Jan 12, 2013
Forty Six and Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Is just ahead of me.
You can go to whatever fora you want to!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#58 Jan 12, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
At least you understand it more than you condemn it :)

Location hidden

#59 Jan 13, 2013
Little Blue Alien wrote:
<quoted text>n that means that there behavior is acceptable too right schnyper?
So are you saying he loves diddlers too schnyper? If so, then that means that their behavior is acceptable too right schnyper?
"diddlers"???

Location hidden

#61 Jan 13, 2013
Rationalizing wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves everyone?
That's the theology.

I just don't know what "diddlers" are.
Incontinent

Saint Paul, MN

#62 Jan 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the theology.
I just don't know what "diddlers" are.
Usually a reference to masturbation.

Location hidden

#63 Jan 13, 2013
Incontinent wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually a reference to masturbation.
Thanks. Now I KNOW he's just nuts.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#67 Jan 13, 2013
I'll bet the sky is real pretty on your planet.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#69 Jan 13, 2013
snypers diaper wrote:
<quoted text>
You said everyone.
Any physical relationship outside of a man and a woman can be considered a form of excess and perversion. Diddlers, gays, incest, polygamy, adulterers, and those acting out tendencies with an animal certainly are not the same but to varying levels or degrees they are perversions and excess outside of natures/God's original intentions and that is a male and female. Fool!
better reread your bible there. polygamy is allowed. and the Judeo/Christian God actually rewarded those males who faithfully followed him with even more wives. this includes King David when he was loyal to the Judeo/Christian God.
plus there is at least one verse that instructs males on how to take more than one wife at a time.

Location hidden

#70 Jan 13, 2013
snypers diaper wrote:
<quoted text>
You said everyone.
Any physical relationship outside of a man and a woman can be considered a form of excess and perversion. Diddlers, gays, incest, polygamy, adulterers, and those acting out tendencies with an animal certainly are not the same but to varying levels or degrees they are perversions and excess outside of natures/God's original intentions and that is a male and female. Fool!
Matthew 5:22

Location hidden

#73 Jan 13, 2013
Snypers Diaper wrote:
<quoted text>
More selective scripture from those practicing or condoning buggery. That argument alone might as well eliminate our justice system entirely. Every human being has an obligation to speak out at the corruption and wrongdoings of other human beings. Especially of our govt and after one that has been charged and brought forth to stand trial then yes, no more stones should be thrown and no judgement cast.
Yeshua never condemned gay people, but he DID condemn hate speech.

Hypocrite!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rams cut Sam, 1st openly gay player drafted 46 min Capt Crunch 3
ISIS eyes Mexican border, says bulletin 1 hr Capt Crunch 8
Abbott Northwestern Hospital any good? 3 hr Elizabeth 16
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 4 hr Wendall 5
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 4 hr Wendall 10
No mention of radical Islam in FBI threat report 4 hr Herb 2
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 4 hr Herb 70
•••
•••
•••