Shock Lingers After Nazi Unit Leader Found In US

Jun 15, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 197

The revelation that a top former commander of a Nazi SS-led military unit has lived quietly in Minneapolis for the past six decades came as a shock to those who knew 94-year-old Michael Karkoc.

Full Story
plotts

Stony Brook, NY

#149 Jun 19, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you should read the f*cking article before putting in your two worthless cents!
nice to see a ray of light shine through all the b.s.
BritPashtun DON

Hertford, UK

#150 Jun 19, 2013
plotts wrote:
<quoted text>We're over in afghanastan biulding roads/airstrips while stealing/removing/mining their natural resources such as lithium while providing our children with cheap heroin to keep the cottage industry of addiction stong and viable.all for big business,nothing wacky about this.it's just decietful.
Salam aleikum.
I agree they're stealing resources and abusing Afghanistan for their own selfish reasons.
rush limbaugh

Saint Paul, MN

#151 Jun 19, 2013
rush limbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>Why did Hitler kill himself? the jews sent him a gas bill.
What does a jewish homo speak? Heblew
I asked a jew girl for her number and she roll up her sleeve.
Whats faster then a speeding bullet?A jew with a coupon.
Why do jews have such big noses? because air is free.
How do get a 100 jews in a car? you throw a quarter in it,how do you get them out? you tell that Hitler the driver.

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#152 Jun 19, 2013
BritPashtun DON wrote:
<quoted text>
Salam aleikum.
I agree they're stealing resources and abusing Afghanistan for their own selfish reasons.
Jews are an amazi ng people! They represent about 3% of the population in America but they have so many doctors and other successful people. No one gave them a damn thing. They work hard to become successful. I admire them :) Look at the Muslims. What a peaceful free society they have created. NOT
BritPashtun

Hertford, UK

#153 Jun 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are an amazi ng people! They represent about 3% of the population in America but they have so many doctors and other successful people. No one gave them a damn thing. They work hard to become successful. I admire them :) Look at the Muslims. What a peaceful free society they have created. NOT
OH you keep telling yourself that sonny, those so called amazing Judans laugh at you american sissy's behind your backs.

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

#155 Jun 19, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you should read the f*cking article before putting in your two worthless cents!
I suppose you know everything about this man's past by reading this article then, huh?

I suppose you know everything about the 14th Waffen Grenadier Galician Division from this article then, and that they were commanded by German, Austrian and Ukrainian officers, that registration was mandatory for all able Ukrainians of age and that 82,000 Ukrainians had to join in a time with no economy and no other means of income, or that the Galician Division was investigated for many years and was never linked to any atrocities in official accounts?

I guess we can know no more about history than what this single article gives us, huh?

Look beyond the page, moron. There were also plenty of German soldiers that did the bidding of the SS under fear of death.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#156 Jun 19, 2013
Under fear of death, they killed thousands ??

They had the ability to mitigate like Shindler.

Have another drink.....

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#157 Jun 19, 2013
Blern wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you know everything about this man's past by reading this article then, huh?
I suppose you know everything about the 14th Waffen Grenadier Galician Division from this article then, and that they were commanded by German, Austrian and Ukrainian officers, that registration was mandatory for all able Ukrainians of age and that 82,000 Ukrainians had to join in a time with no economy and no other means of income, or that the Galician Division was investigated for many years and was never linked to any atrocities in official accounts?
I guess we can know no more about history than what this single article gives us, huh?
Look beyond the page, moron. There were also plenty of German soldiers that did the bidding of the SS under fear of death.
Nothing written links Hitler to the death of the Jews. That doesn't mean he wasn't responsible
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#158 Jun 19, 2013
Nothing written seems to link your brain to your typing.
Odin of Ossetia

Surrey, Canada

#159 Jun 19, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
killing Polish civilians makes someone a heroes????
For many it does, see the comments by some other posters here.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#160 Jun 19, 2013
Nothing written seems to link your brain to your typing.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#163 Jun 19, 2013
Forgiveness is nice, especially when YOU'RE the POS, right con ???

Oddly enough, you've "GIFTED" humanity with your baggage and identify with a war criminal.

How about a few seconds of introspection and a cry for JUSTICE for the families YOU'VE BOTH RUINED.

Yeah, we get you're a racist POS, who only cares about yourself and how you can use others AND WE REJECT YOU/YOUR MESSAGE as a society of laws, consequences, and justice.

The blather about God is pure BS, since people suffered and we HAVE LAWS.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#165 Jun 19, 2013
Forgiveness is nice, especially when YOU'RE the POS, right con ???

DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKa Legalize, huh ???

Oddly enough, you've "GIFTED" humanity with your baggage and NOW identify with a war criminal.

How about a few seconds of introspection and a little cry for JUSTICE for the families YOU'VE BOTH RUINED.

Yeah, we get you're a racist POS, who only cares about yourself and how you can use others AND WE REJECT YOU/YOUR MESSAGE as a society of laws, consequences, and justice.

The blather about God is pure BS, since people suffered and we HAVE LAWS.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#167 Jun 19, 2013
Who is con ??

A drunk, who ruined his family & uses multiple monikers /locations here to play mind games...

When "drunky" answers/supports another moniker, it's QUITE A JOKE...

Mankind was diminished, the day IT arrived.

Sadly, the drinking ruined a little "man" & topix is next.

Have another DOZEN DRINKS, WE CAN AFFORD IT.....
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#169 Jun 19, 2013
Moniker con's/cant's own words and mantra in a NUTSHELL-

"I have probably lied thousands of times in my life, care to elaborate on which one you are talking about?"

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/trail-or/TFCD...

BUSTED con/cant !!
Bob

Saint Paul, MN

#170 Jun 19, 2013
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
Psycho Slewblomkin,
Nobody in the history of any message board, anywhere, ever!, was a bigger Nazzzi than you.
You abuse human beings for entertainment just as readily as the nastiest prison guard in the worst concentration camp in history. You are the kind of Sociopath that would fight to make it to the top ranks of the morbid and decrepit, who abuse and torture their fellow man. YOU do it here 18/7/365.
YOU are who evil recruits to punish those they imprison.
Go eat the end of the Illegal Gun you told us you bought!
I'm going to help you out here buddy. I can get you away from Slew. Here's the deal. Slew is on Topix.(You know that because you spend a LOT of time on here yourself.)

#1 - Don't respond to him.

#2 - Don't come on Topix yourself.

See? And you thought it was impossible.!

Let me know if I can help you out with any other "mysteries" otherwise I'll send someone out to check on you later.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#171 Jun 19, 2013
Just a moniker switch, waiting to happen.

Oddly, this game has "run" on with ever greater embellishment, monikers, and lies for years.

It's annoying to "con", some of us have character...

All con has is hate, blame, and stories to justify the FAILURES.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#172 Jun 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to help you out here buddy. I can get you away from Slew. Here's the deal. Slew is on Topix.(You know that because you spend a LOT of time on here yourself.)
#1 - Don't respond to him.
#2 - Don't come on Topix yourself.
See? And you thought it was impossible.!
Let me know if I can help you out with any other "mysteries" otherwise I'll send someone out to check on you later.
Con will make a great lampshade!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#174 Jun 19, 2013
WHY???...Am sure.. Drug Cartels are LIVING here in the Good Ole' USA!!!
Karkoc the Ukrainian

Brewster, NY

#177 Jun 20, 2013
An Associated Press investigation found that Karkoc served as a top commander in the Ukrainian Self-Defense Legion during World War II. The unit is accused of wartime atrocities, including the burning of villages filled with women and children.

Karkoc told American authorities in 1949 that he had performed no military service during World War II, concealing his work as an officer and founding member of the legion and later as an officer in the SS Galician Division

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waffen_Gren... (1st_Ukrainian)#Accusations_of _war_atrocities

The village of Pidkamin had a monastery where Poles sought shelter from the encroaching front. Around 2,000 people, the majority of whom were women and children, were seeking refuge there when the monastery was attacked on 11 March 1944, by the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (unit under Maksym Skorupsky command), allegedly cooperating with an SS-Galizien unit.[50] The next day, 12 March the monastery was captured and civilians were murdered (at night part of the population managed to escape). Other civilians were also killed in the town of Pidkamin from 12 to 16 March.[50]

Estimates of victims include 150 by Polish historian Grzegorz Motyka,[50] and 250 according to the researchers of the Institute of History of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences.[41]

For more information about the subject, see: Palikrowy massacre

Allegedly another sub-unit of SS-Galizien also participated in the execution of Polish civilians in Palykorovy located in Lviv oblast near Pidkamin (former Tarnopol Voivodeship). It is estimated that 365 ethnic Poles were murdered including woman and children.[50

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Insurg...

Ethnic cleansing of Poles in Volhynia and Galicia[edit]Main article: Massacres of Poles in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia
Beginning in 1943, the UPA adopted a policy of massacring and expelling the Polish population of Volhynia and Eastern Galicia.[70] The ethnic cleansing operation against the ethnic Polish population began on a large scale in late February of that year and lasted until the end of 1944
Between August 21 and 25, 1943, during the Third Convention of the OUN, Roman Shukhevych accepted the "Volhynia stategy," an operation which aimed at Poles and had been conducted by Dmytro Klyachkivsky.[clarification needed]

The methods used by the Ukrainian nationalists in both Galicia and Volhynia consisted of killing all Poles in the villages, then pillaging the villages and burning them to the ground. Victims, regardless of age or gender, were routinely tortured to death.

In late 1943 and early 1944, after most Poles of Volhynia had either been murdered or had fled, the killings moved to the neighboring province of Galicia. In March 1944, the main Command of the UPA ordered the ethnic cleansing[75] of all Poles from Galicia. Unlike Volhynia, where Polish villages were destroyed and their inhabitants murdered without warning

By the end of summer 1944, mass acts of terror aimed at Poles were taking place in Eastern Galicia to force them to resettle on the western bank of the San river. A popular slogan during the period was "Poles beyond the San
The total number of Poles murdered specifically by UPA is unknown. Estimates of the Polish deaths in Volhynia are over 50,000. The number of UPA victims in Volhynia, Galicia and current Poland combined ranges from 80,000 to 100,000 [79]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Earthling-1 32,981
First Lady To Rally Voters In Minneapolis 7 hr goose 1
Obama Owns Ebola 8 hr Billy 38
Where do you most obtain your news, particularl... 12 hr Heather Johnson 0
VA Healthcare Not a peep from President 14 hr LIbEralS 46
Arrest hillary clinton for benghazi crimes Mon Space ace 1
How to clear out a High School Gym in short order. Mon Space ace 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs