Cannon Falls man pleads guilty in death of girl, 2

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 8, 2011, titled Cannon Falls man pleads guilty in death of girl, 2. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A mother's boyfriend has pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of a 2-year-old La Crosse area girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 8, 2011
makes me sick...
Zingbopper

Sparta, WI

#2 Mar 8, 2011
What is up with these mothers leaving their kids with these loser guy's?
It's too bad people aren't born infertile and have to go through a procedure to become pregnant. That way thought would have to be given before having a child.
Accident

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 8, 2011
Sounds like it was an accident - what did the autopsy say?
Yetti

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 8, 2011
10 years? That's it?

“Just dance.........”

Since: Jan 09

East Side

#5 Mar 8, 2011
Swinging her by her ankles?? w*t*f kind of parents are raising children these days?? geesh! what an idiot.
Mother of a Shaken baby

Rochester, MN

#6 Jun 1, 2011
Zingbopper wrote:
What is up with these mothers leaving their kids with these loser guy's?
It's too bad people aren't born infertile and have to go through a procedure to become pregnant. That way thought would have to be given before having a child.
Don't blame the mother. Where was the dad?? I'm sick of mom's being blamed. They are not the only ones who made the child and not the only one responsible. Have you any clue how hard it is to raise a child on your own while the father sits on his lazy bum. You never know who you can trust these days; this stuff can happen at a licensed facility who cares for children.

Since: Jun 09

Lincoln, NE

#7 Jun 1, 2011
Mother of a Shaken baby wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame the mother. Where was the dad?? I'm sick of mom's being blamed. They are not the only ones who made the child and not the only one responsible. Have you any clue how hard it is to raise a child on your own while the father sits on his lazy bum. You never know who you can trust these days; this stuff can happen at a licensed facility who cares for children.
1. As someone who works with abused children, I can tell you there are always signs and red flags. Abusers don't get that way overnight.

2. You create your own situation by having a child with a lazy bum.

3. Your job first and foremost is to protect your child, even if that means walking away from the men referenced in 1 and 2.
Still Think

South Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jun 9, 2011
Vesectomy for the Guys and Tubal for the Girls. If they work and show responsibility, then reverse it so they can have a child. We know people like him are usually on public assistance of some kind of aide, son't work and keep having more kids they don't pay for. Look how many kids are waiting for adoption. It's Sad.
CARING PARENT

Deland, FL

#9 Oct 16, 2013
LadieGaGa wrote:
Swinging her by her ankles?? w*t*f kind of parents are raising children these days?? geesh! what an idiot.
I'll tell you I have to boys and the has been picked up 4 time drinking before picking them up. Here in florida 8 times arrested. Thats why she took my kids and i have no rights because we was not married. WHATS IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR CANNON FALLS POLICE TO DUE SOMETHING BEFORE IT IS TO LATE AND THAT GOES FOR DCF I BET THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST ABUSE REPORT FOR THIS CHILD.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 18, 2013
The Real Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
1. As someone who works with abused children, I can tell you there are always signs and red flags. Abusers don't get that way overnight.
2. You create your own situation by having a child with a lazy bum.
3. Your job first and foremost is to protect your child, even if that means walking away from the men referenced in 1 and 2.
You may be correct in some of the situations. But not all of them.
1. Sometimes the bio dad of the child goes from being responsible to being a bum when he realizes that he is getting older. And he feels like he has been cheated out of having a good time when he was being a good dad. And then he walks out on his family and leaves the woman struggling to provide for the ones the now deadbeat dad walked out on. This can also happen to men whose wives have walked out on the family too. And he goes looking for a woman to help raise his offspring.
2. The woman was raped and decided to try and raise the kid. And ends up making a bad string of decisions of who she can trust.
3. Many of those who end up with abusers tend to come from where they were abused as kids. So they do not see the correlation between their parents and what they are going thru. Until something fatal happens.
http://voices.yahoo.com/can-abused-children-b... Children that are born into a family where one or more family members exhibits violence will pass this behavior onto their own children out of bad habits and example. After all this is all the child knows, so it is reasonable to expect that they will continue on with this behavior until someone intervenes and shows them that it is wrong.
https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals... While the estimated number varies, child maltreatment literature commonly supports the finding that some maltreating parents or caregivers were victims of abuse and neglect themselves as children.23 One review of the relevant research suggested that about one-third of all individuals who were maltreated will subject their children to maltreatment.
This one applies to BOTH genders on why they walk out on what seemed to be a very happy marriage: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/why-m... He might physically go - to another woman whom he will eventually disappoint in the same way, because no honeymoon lasts forever. Or it might just be his emotional luggage he moves out. He might cheat. Or he might simply dream of cheating. But if a man wakes up in the middle of the night panicking that "It's going to be like this for the next 40 years", one way or another, he will surely go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary should pay for Benghazi (Apr '14) 8 hr FOVR 36
isis takes over syrian town 8 hr Tellitlikeitis 13
american nationalist party 8 hr Tellitlikeitis 14
News The issues, what happened and what didn't 9 hr Goose 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 9 hr 40ish 247
News Twin Cities 'My Brother's Keeper' focuses on yo... 17 hr FOVR 21
Minneapolis and Saint Paul Tie for First Place ... Fri NoseBone Clooney 1
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE