Jon Stewart On Delayed Sandy Aid Vote...

Jon Stewart On Delayed Sandy Aid Vote: House GOP ‘Blew It’

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 8, 2013

David Taintor-January 8, 2013, 8:15 AM

Returning from his holiday hiatus, Jon Stewart on Monday tore into House Republicans for delaying a vote on Hurricane Sandy relief legislation.

“This is just a simple, down the middle, black and white, cut and dry, warm cup of what would Jesus, or anything other human being that isn’t an asshole, do? And you blew it,” Stewart said.

And to the House Republicans who voted against the first round of funds last week, Stewart said:“If you guys can’t vote for this, then we’re fucked for the next two years. And I’m not saying you’re responsible for all the problems facing our country, but you sure are making them a lot harder to fix.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/da...
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Jon Steward is the best,I really enjoyed when he busted that sissy hannity doctored up the tea party march on washington and hannity had to admit it and apologized
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 9, 2013
redeemer wrote:
Jon Steward is the best,I really enjoyed when he busted that sissy hannity doctored up the tea party march on washington and hannity had to admit it and apologized
Did you yell at NBC when they doctored the audio tape of the 911 call with George Zimmerman to try and make Zimmerman look like a racist when he was simply answering the dispatcher's questions?

Of course you did. You are a fair and balanced type guy, aren't you red?
goose

South Elgin, IL

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Consistent wrote:
David Taintor-January 8, 2013, 8:15 AM
Returning from his holiday hiatus, Jon Stewart on Monday tore into House Republicans for delaying a vote on Hurricane Sandy relief legislation.
“This is just a simple, down the middle, black and white, cut and dry, warm cup of what would Jesus, or anything other human being that isn’t an asshole, do? And you blew it,” Stewart said.
And to the House Republicans who voted against the first round of funds last week, Stewart said:“If you guys can’t vote for this, then we’re fucked for the next two years. And I’m not saying you’re responsible for all the problems facing our country, but you sure are making them a lot harder to fix.”
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/da...
If it was a straight up vote on JUST SANDY aide I would agree, but it was full of PORK as always with these inside the beltway slime balls!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Even if it had pork... you'd let people suffer, while BOTH PARTIES waste time and increase the damages, with time ??? Sorry pal, a moldy rug is garbage, but a wet rug is savable...
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#6 Jan 9, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you yell at NBC when they doctored the audio tape of the 911 call with George Zimmerman to try and make Zimmerman look like a racist when he was simply answering the dispatcher's questions?
Of course you did. You are a fair and balanced type guy, aren't you red?
Sure, rational folks YELL at TV news affiliates ALL THE TIME...Now just relax and get off the ledge... LMAOROTFU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING 2 hr Hunter 38
News Couple Charged In Fatal Shooting In North Minne... 2 hr Hunter 20
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro Wed Trump worst presi... 71
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Wed Trump worst presi... 2
California Dems Block Gang Member Database Tue TAAM 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Dec 4 texas pete 628
Get Over It! Dec 3 Evil Roy Slade 10

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance