Charley Walters: For Pohlads, Minnesota Twins ownership is a family affair

Full story: TwinCities.com

A second generation of Pohlads succeeded father Carl in ownership of the Minnesota Twins, and with the stability provided by Target Field, a third generation of Pohlads could operate the franchise someday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Super Booster

Naples, FL

#1 Feb 12, 2011
Charley,

This one may lead to a Pulitzer!

Since: Feb 08

Rochester, MN

#2 Feb 12, 2011
You know, I was just wondering the other day what ever happened to Richard Yett. Glad to hear his career in the grocery store is going well. Wonder if his customers call him "Meat" like opposing hitters did?
ricksofield

Lakeville, MN

#3 Feb 13, 2011
Here's to hoping that Henderson can teach the a** clown McKinnie something.
smartie

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 13, 2011
What the heck is the mention of Tim McGraw doing in your column?
D Hecker

South Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 13, 2011
"The Gophers baseball team has a big booster ready to move dirt for a new stadium as a gift."

Get me out of here and I'll move it for free!
tim johnson

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Feb 13, 2011
adam weber in the nfl-come on!
andy g

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 13, 2011
Hey, I recognize the McKinnie crap...whats up with this? Your dog eat your homework?

-advise to Seantrelle...run as fast as you can the other way...
-Morneau and Nathan...ok, two new players...how durable oare they?
-Slama??? Don't we have enough soft tossers who cannot break a piece of china with their heater?
-Edwards in boxing? Try contain a moving QB to the outside first...you will have to master that before boxing anyway don't you think? Remember Ray, in boxing you actually have to hit somebody....
-Those trees can be transferred to Miami and given as a gift to the McKinnie Resting Fat Guy Foundation as a shady spot to have his lunch after a rigorous session of teaching Henderson how to be worthless...
-The same Ohio State WBB team that has imploded with 5 returning starters and have had to get counselling after the beat down by UConns collection of Amazons? That OSU team...in freefall in the BigTen???? A better article would be what happened to the Buckeye Dynasty don't you think?

Well there you go Charley, don't ever say we don't have your back bro'
...and that Meat Market guy..ask him if he has a spot open for Ray Edwards if the boxing thing doesn't go well....

Maybe a spot for underachieving hurler/writers too eh?
sid

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 13, 2011
yesterdays news!
willy

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Feb 13, 2011
D Hecker wrote:
"The Gophers baseball team has a big booster ready to move dirt for a new stadium as a gift."
Get me out of here and I'll move it for free!
think about it for another 10 years
adam

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 13, 2011
tim johnson wrote:
adam weber in the nfl-come on!
all i need is a chance!
DD Austin

United States

#11 Feb 13, 2011
McHale talking about having to win a game? Hilarious! ;-)
Elvis

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Feb 13, 2011
If Justin and I can come back and contribute like we plan on, that's like picking up two more guys," Nathan said.

Yeah with you two choke artists we might lose 20-0 to the yankees instaed of 10-0
Elvis

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Feb 13, 2011
Twins general manager Bill Smith, asked about Delmon Young's weight, which is a few pounds more than it was in spring training a year ago, when he came in considerably lighter than the year before: "I'm not worried about his weight; I'm worried about him being a good player."

the two go hand in hand biilly boy. This guy just says the policitically correct thing would you quit interviewing him Chaz?
frankie

Eden Prairie, MN

#14 Feb 13, 2011
Please take the Ga Tech job Tubby-you obviously aren't doing the job here
TC Florida

Cocoa Beach, FL

#15 Feb 13, 2011
Kyle Gibson will need to have a good year at AAA since he likely will be pegged as a starter in 2012. Longwell is a good player to resign, but Rhys Lloyd's stats are quite good. The reemergence of Nathan and Morneau absolutely would be a game-changer for the Twins and result in a 3-peat as AL central champs.
Fake Sorb

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Feb 13, 2011
Super Booster wrote:
Charley,
This one may lead to a Pulitzer!
Yet you keep clicking on his column. Yet I keep commenting on you commenting on charlie. Am I an idiot or what?
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#17 Feb 13, 2011
Yes
Arnie

Minnetonka, MN

#18 Feb 14, 2011
The Pohlad family story was absolutely riveting.
Bad News Brown

Maple Plain, MN

#19 Feb 14, 2011
Birk said he had no problem playing for Brad Childress in Minnesota.

"I didn't leave because of him," he said. "Actually, I get along with Brad. It was just time for me to move on. My contract was up. The Vikings made me a fair offer, but the Ravens made a better offer. I ripped off the rear-view mirror and I wasn't going to look back, just look forward.

How does anyone believe what these people have to say?
Bad News Brown

Maple Plain, MN

#20 Feb 14, 2011
Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, on Jan. 5, 2006, on the hiring of Brad Childress as coach: "He embodies class, discipline and is a great family man. Bottom line Brad Childress is a winner."

How does anyone believe what these people have to say?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 31 min Wendall 5
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 34 min Wendall 10
No mention of radical Islam in FBI threat report 40 min Herb 2
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 47 min Herb 70
ISIS eyes Mexican border, says bulletin 55 min Herb 7
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 3 hr Go Blue Forever 23
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr Brian_G 32,482
•••
•••
•••