Detroit is in the midst of filing for bankruptcy. They have no money.
- Pensioners are not going to get what they earned.
- Schools are in shambles.
- Police are so understaffed it takes 70 minutes to respond to a call.
- Their former mayor is in prison.
- Their former city council president just got out of prison.
- Most of the street lights in the city do not work.
- Their unemployment rate is double what the national average is.
And what does the Detroit City Council think they should do to help the poor citizens of Detroit?
Build a new f*cking hockey arena with taxpayer funds. They are going to vote on this next month and pass it.
This is why America is failing. These people do not know what "there is no more money" means.
Detroit council delays vote on expanding district for hockey arena
7:59 PM, November 26, 2013
By Joe Guillen
Detroit Free Press Staff Writer
The Detroit City Council on Tuesday put off until mid-December a vote on legislation to finalize the proposed $650-million Red Wings arena and residential development.
Council President Saunteel Jenkins said the vote will not occur until the council sees details of a concessions-management agreement that spells out how the project — which could include up to $45 million in city dollars, according to council staff — will benefit Detroit.