Affordable Care Act
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#253 Nov 4, 2013
The incompetence has always been there...

OBAMA's Administration bungled Obamacare long before GOP had power to obstruct:

In the memo, dated May 11, 2010 and sent to top administration economic official Larry Summers, Harvard professor and health care expert David Cutler, a supporter of the administration's efforts, wrote that "the early implementation efforts are far short of what it will take to implement reform successfully." Cutler continued: "For health reform to be successful, the relevant people need a vision about health system transformation and the managerial ability to carry out that vision. The President has sketched out such a vision. However, I do not believe the relevant members of the Administration understand the President's vision or have the capability to carry it out."

Cutler laid out a set of problems: 1) poor leadership at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, a key organization in creating Obamacare; 2) clueless management at the Department of Health and Human Services on the subject of setting up exchanges; 3) an ineffective effort to work with insurers in implementing reform; and 4) general incompetence. "The overall head of implementation inside HHS, Jeanne Lambrew, is known for her knowledge of Congress, her commitment to the poor, and her mistrust of insurance companies," Cutler wrote. "She is not known for operational ability, knowledge of delivery systems, or facilitating widespread change."
http://washingtonexaminer.com/memo-administra...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#254 Nov 4, 2013
NOT affordable,
NOT accessible,
NOT available,

NOW,

Top hospitals opt out of Obamacare:

The Obama administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven’t surveyed the nation’s top hospitals.

Watchdog.org looked at the top 18 hospitals nationwide as ranked by U.S. News and World Report for 2013-2014. We contacted each hospital to determine their contracts and talked to several insurance companies, as well.

The result of our investigation: Many top hospitals are simply opting out of Obamacare.

http://watchdog.org/114137/top-hospitals-opt-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
affordable for who

Minneapolis, MN

#255 Nov 4, 2013
all the free Obama phone, acorn following, illegal's in the USA.
Snake Dr wrote:
In our democracy you change or make laws by getting enough supporters elected to do so not by holding our economy hostage.
Republicans now say they want congress and all americans under the same medical plan.... Then I ask why did you not endorse the single payer plan the democrats first wanted?? A plan the president and democrats negociated away from?? OMG the democrats did negociate.
Also I`d like to point out that if you go onto the website exchange I see alot of private insurance companies in a free market place fighting for your business. I thought that what you republicans were all about. A free market place. It seems you are not really about anything are you?? You talk a good game about standing on your princeples but deep down the only princeple you have is trying to hurt others.
Try not letting people like Hannity, Rush and Backmann do your thinking for you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#256 Nov 5, 2013
The chickens coming home to roost:

Democratic officials said top administration aides got a close-up view of the cancellation controversy last week, when Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., said at a closed-door meeting of the party's rank and file that his son had received notice his coverage was being terminated.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
goose

Minneapolis, MN

#263 Nov 10, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
My Dr died & Obama said I can keep him...
If I were a bagger, I'd attend the funeral & steal the corpse....
Baggers are really keen on dead bodies...
That is the "Progressive" mindset.
The thought would not not have crossed a Tea Party person anymore than the demented "bagger" label would!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
goose

Minneapolis, MN

#267 Nov 12, 2013
Slewzie still irrelevant as ever.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#269 Nov 13, 2013
No Hope Left for Obamacare’s Website, Techies Say:

According to tech experts, the sorry state of the current website does little to inspire confidence that it can be fixed and functional in less than three weeks.

“When I visited healthcare.gov on October first 1, that was the worst piece of software I’ve ever experienced in my life,” said Luke Chung, founder and CEO of the software company FMS.“It had nothing to do with too many users. It couldn’t serve one user.”

According to Sumit Nijhawan, CEO of Infogix, a data security firm working with private insurers, even if the White House can fix the problems associated with the site, they're going to find new ones immediately. Nijhawan also warned that the systems that allow CMS and health insurance companies to exchange information are no where close to being ready, meaning tech problems could last years.
- See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/1...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#270 Nov 13, 2013
Too funny - The FACE of the ACA web site is from Columbia and NOT a US citizen.

She has NOT signed up throught the ACA web site and is neither in favor nor against it.

This pretty much sums up Obama's Cluster Flock (remember Heartbreak Ridge?) called the Affordable Care Act.

http://gma.yahoo.com/exclusive-obamacares-mys...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#271 Nov 13, 2013
ObamaCare may be a disaster for the millions of Americans whose health insurance plans are being canceled, the millions of Americans who cannot use the government’s website, and the taxpayers forced to foot the bill for the boondoggle. But make no mistake -- at least one group of Americans loves ObamaCare: the president’s big money backers and cronies who stand to bag millions of your tax dollars amid the mess.

COMMENTS FROM:
Peter Schweizer is the president of the Government Accountability Institute. He is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford, and is the author of more than a dozen books. His most recent book is the New York Times bestseller,“Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets.”
goose

Minneapolis, MN

#276 Nov 16, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>America is mostly immigrants, prehaps you need to get out more ???
Ready about Columbus, it should help, con.
Hey slewzie ... the POINT IS, not here lagal!
Gawd how the left likes to twist stuff!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#277 Nov 16, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Too funny - The FACE of the ACA web site is from Columbia and NOT a US citizen.
She has NOT signed up throught the ACA web site and is neither in favor nor against it.
This pretty much sums up Obama's Cluster Flock (remember Heartbreak Ridge?) called the Affordable Care Act.
http://gma.yahoo.com/exclusive-obamacares-mys...
In other words, she is a "not very well chosen" marketing tool.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#279 Nov 17, 2013
UnitedHealth Group dropped thousands of doctors from its networks in recent weeks, leaving many elderly patients unsure whether they need to switch plans to continue seeing their doctors, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
Hey

Minneapolis, MN

#282 Nov 19, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
True leadership there Obama...
Between 60 and 70 percent of healthcare.gov IS NOT completed!
A large portion of the error-riddled, multimillion dollar federal health insurance exchange system has not even been built yet, according to a senior official involved in the construction of the website.
Obamacare Official Admits Something in Hearing So Incredible You’ll Wonder Why You’re Just Now Hearing About It
Deputy chief information officer of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Henry Chao (Getty Images)
The revelation came Tuesday during a House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing on the possible security risks surrounding healthcare.gov .
I wonder who gets a promotion over this one?
AND, of course, Obama had no idea...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/19/ob...
Avoid it like the plague it is.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#285 Nov 19, 2013
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>
SURE they did LIAR you're so full of crap,the AARP or partners with UHC so why isn't the AARP so silent then liar?
Check out the WSJ yourself before you call me out as a liar just because you can't handle the truth.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#288 Nov 20, 2013
Now OBAMA says that it is the Republican's fault:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: The last point I'll make is that in terms of expectation setting, there's no doubt that in an environment in which we had to fight tooth and nail to get this passed, it ended up being passed on a partisan basis -- not for lack of trying, because I met with an awful lot of Republicans to try to get them to go along -- but because there was just ideological resistance to the idea of dealing with the uninsured and people with preexisting conditions. There was a price to that, and it was that what was already going to be hard was operating within a very difficult political environment. And we should have anticipated that that would create a rockier rollout than if Democrats and Republicans were both invested in success.
Dutch

Saint Paul, MN

#289 Nov 20, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the WSJ yourself before you call me out as a liar just because you can't handle the truth.
Why don't you show me a link to your lie instead of asking me to believe your lying hating nonsense and know that's a lie because I work for UHC and I know that we have a special relationship with AARP they are our primary clients and seniors issues are very important to us so go spill your hate and lies to some sucker that don't know any better messenger ha ha ha.
Dutch

Saint Paul, MN

#290 Nov 20, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
True leadership there Obama...
Between 60 and 70 percent of healthcare.gov IS NOT completed!
A large portion of the error-riddled, multimillion dollar federal health insurance exchange system has not even been built yet, according to a senior official involved in the construction of the website.
Obamacare Official Admits Something in Hearing So Incredible You’ll Wonder Why You’re Just Now Hearing About It
Deputy chief information officer of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Henry Chao (Getty Images)
The revelation came Tuesday during a House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing on the possible security risks surrounding healthcare.gov .
I wonder who gets a promotion over this one?
AND, of course, Obama had no idea...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/19/ob...
This whole topic is all about you and your hate when you hate it becomes you and you are defined by it some call it jealous,and some call it envy but most it self misery.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#291 Nov 20, 2013
I guess that you are right. I hate the fact that ObamaBots are so stupid that they still ignore the facts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#293 Nov 21, 2013
Has anyone noticed that Democraps and the president have stopped refering to the Affordable Care Act as Obamcare? Will the next step will be to replace "Affordable" with something else?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#294 Nov 21, 2013
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>This whole topic is all about you and your hate when you hate it becomes you and you are defined by it some call it jealous,and some call it envy but most it self misery.
Again, you are accusing me of hate for giving a link to the facts as reported by Obama's guy. I would classify that as a deflect from the real issues.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pimples and white people 42 min Toster 29
Trump on fire 48 min FOVR 10
Hey Space Ace 56 min FOVR 1
GOP debate prep 1 hr FOVR 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr IBdaMann 34,404
Sanctuary Cities 4 hr Oh well 92
biden may run 6 hr crunch 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages