Affordable Care Act
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#124 Oct 23, 2013
First Senate Democrat Breaks Ranks To Seek Obamacare Deadline Delay:

In an open letter to President Obama Tuesday, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire urged the White House to extend the open enrollment period for Obamacare past March 31, 2014 over problems with the website.

"Given the existing problems with the website, I urge you to consider extending open enrollment beyond the current end date of March 31, 2014. Allowing extra time for consumers is critically important so they have the opportunity to become familiar with the website, survey their options and enroll.

Further, in light of the difficulties individuals may be having with enrolling through healthcare.gov , I ask that you clarify how the individual responsibility penalty will be administered and enforced. If an individual is unable to purchase health insurance due to technical problems with enrollment, they should not be penalized because of lack of coverage."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/passantino/first-sena ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stabbings dont make news

Minneapolis, MN

#125 Oct 23, 2013
The "Affordable Care Act" is anything but "Affordable".

It should be called the "Unafforadable Care Act", "UCA". My premiums went up 48%, won't vote liberal again, they lie.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#126 Oct 23, 2013
Arch on Larch wrote:
<quoted text>
Like car insurance?
All people use medical care in their lives.
Nice broad generalization there. Some people pay as they go for medical care.
Some people ask for donation to cover catastrophic illness or more often, do so for their children.

People who don't have and/or can't afford insurance usually go to the emergency room if they have any health issues and there were already state, federal, municipal and private programs in place to cover those costs.

The federal government does not require people to buy car insurance. That is done at the state level.

No one is forced to buy car insurance or forced to buy, or drive, a car. Not even a valid comparison.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

#130 Oct 24, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Snake, if I said it, it is true. Prove me wrong.
I gave you the definition of Economic Fascism. Obama's economic policies fit that definition exactly.
You can't. Obama is the poster child for Economic Fascism.
Well I say you are a traitor.

Traitor...a person who is not loyal to his or her own country, friends, etc.: a person who betrays a country or group of people by helping or supporting an enemy

prove me wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#131 Oct 24, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
Traitor...a person who is not loyal to his or her own country, friends, etc.: a person who betrays a country or group of people by helping or supporting an enemy
prove me wrong.
I believe you have mistaken Irish for Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#133 Oct 24, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
prove me wrong.
I apparently gave you way more credit than you deserve.

Like most Libs, you are incapable of standing your ground in a fact based debate, and you turn to ridiculous personal accusations as your only form of response.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#134 Oct 24, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
prove me wrong.
Did someone from the Bush administration hack your account?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Burnsville, MN

#137 Oct 24, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
I apparently gave you way more credit than you deserve.
Like most Libs, you are incapable of standing your ground in a fact based debate, and you turn to ridiculous personal accusations as your only form of response.
Just as stupid as you accusing Obama of being a fascist. You offer no proof of what you stated. The only proof of anything you gave was the definition of fascisim.If you really want a fact based debate start out by giving some facts not personal accusations against the president.But you don`t have any facts do you??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Burnsville, MN

#139 Oct 24, 2013
IRISH... Why don`t you tell everyone why you`re really against the ACA.

Maybe its because your job is basically to bribe doctors into perscribing the greatly overpriced medications your company produces. Costing average americans millions. So basicaly people like you are the reason we needed health care reform in the first place. The ACA forces you to stop bribing doctors.

Thats really the bottom line isn`t it Irish.??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#141 Oct 24, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
IRISH... Why don`t you tell everyone why you`re really against the ACA.
Maybe its because your job is basically to bribe doctors into perscribing the greatly overpriced medications your company produces. Costing average americans millions. So basicaly people like you are the reason we needed health care reform in the first place. The ACA forces you to stop bribing doctors.
Thats really the bottom line isn`t it Irish.??
Snake, you have gone off the deep end. I am obviously not a newcomer to Topix. I have been fairly public with what I do for a living - without telling my company names and addresses.

None are involved in the health care industry. Some of our clients are involved in the medical device manufacturing industry, but I am far removed from anything that you are making accusations about. And that would be less than 2% of our total business.

Are you that desperate to claim "one up" on a Conservative poster on here? Is that the issue? If so, that is too bad. Because this is to be an open exchange of ideas and free flowing discussion.

Now, quit with trying to make me out to be something I am not. And quit with the personal accusations. Let's stick to the topics and the facts relating to the threads. OK?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Saint Paul, MN

#142 Oct 24, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Snake, you have gone off the deep end. I am obviously not a newcomer to Topix. I have been fairly public with what I do for a living - without telling my company names and addresses.
None are involved in the health care industry. Some of our clients are involved in the medical device manufacturing industry, but I am far removed from anything that you are making accusations about. And that would be less than 2% of our total business.
Are you that desperate to claim "one up" on a Conservative poster on here? Is that the issue? If so, that is too bad. Because this is to be an open exchange of ideas and free flowing discussion.
Now, quit with trying to make me out to be something I am not. And quit with the personal accusations. Let's stick to the topics and the facts relating to the threads. OK?
Well then you straight up lied to me last year. Because thats exactly what you told me you did.

Free flowing discussion?? All I ever see out of you is opinions you try and pass off as facts. Heaven forbid anyone ever has a different opinion.

Lets do stick to the topic. I`m waiting for proof that the president is a fascist because of the ACA.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#143 Oct 24, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you straight up lied to me last year. Because thats exactly what you told me you did.
Either you are mistaken or you are lying. I have never said I was involved in the health care industry. I used to speak quite often of my association with the auto industry since a large chunk of our revenues come from the auto manufacturers, and their Tier 1 & Tier 2 suppliers. I have also spoken of how the US Government was a client until I made the decision that we would not pursue any further contracts with Uncle Sam.

Now, if you can come up with someone credible, or provide a link to a time when I said what you claim, I will be happy to consume a very large dish of crow and will personally apologize to you.

But that day will never happen because I never said I worked in that industry.
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
Free flowing discussion?? All I ever see out of you is opinions you try and pass off as facts. Heaven forbid anyone ever has a different opinion.
I welcome challenges from my worthy opposition. What I get though are personal attacks and accusations from fools like you who are incapable of holding your own in a heated discussion.
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets do stick to the topic. I`m waiting for proof that the president is a fascist because of the ACA.
Another of your cloudy memories? I have never said that Obama is a Fascist because of the ACA.

I provided the definition of Economic Fascism. I provided numerous instances where the Obama Administration has stepped over the line with respect to regulation of the private sector (auto, energy, housing, finance, pharmaceutical, insurance, health care, etc.).

Obama’s stated philosophy with respect to controlling private citizens fits the definition of Economic Fascism exactly.

“Levels of consumption were dictated by the state, and ‘excess’ incomes had to be surrendered as taxes or loans.”

Obama's economic policies are Economic Fascism. It follows that Obama is a Fascist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#144 Oct 24, 2013
Fascism is a far right political system.

Somewhere near where the Republican party is now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Burnsville, MN

#145 Oct 25, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are mistaken or you are lying. I have never said I was involved in the health care industry. I used to speak quite often of my association with the auto industry since a large chunk of our revenues come from the auto manufacturers, and their Tier 1 & Tier 2 suppliers. I have also spoken of how the US Government was a client until I made the decision that we would not pursue any further contracts with Uncle Sam.
Now, if you can come up with someone credible, or provide a link to a time when I said what you claim, I will be happy to consume a very large dish of crow and will personally apologize to you.
But that day will never happen because I never said I worked in that industry.
<quoted text>
I welcome challenges from my worthy opposition. What I get though are personal attacks and accusations from fools like you who are incapable of holding your own in a heated discussion.
<quoted text>
Another of your cloudy memories? I have never said that Obama is a Fascist because of the ACA.
I provided the definition of Economic Fascism. I provided numerous instances where the Obama Administration has stepped over the line with respect to regulation of the private sector (auto, energy, housing, finance, pharmaceutical, insurance, health care, etc.).
Obama’s stated philosophy with respect to controlling private citizens fits the definition of Economic Fascism exactly.
“Levels of consumption were dictated by the state, and ‘excess’ incomes had to be surrendered as taxes or loans.”
Obama's economic policies are Economic Fascism. It follows that Obama is a Fascist.
So in other words you have no proof of anything. Just your lame opinions.

I really love how somehow you are allowed to attack people and when they fight back you play the victum and cry about personal attacks.

Believe it or not I don`t save links to your posts. You really don`t mean that much to me. It was last year around the same time you were trying to meet Slew in Seattle. But we both know what you said, lie about it all you want. It`s about all I expect from you anyways.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#146 Oct 25, 2013
SO, we shutdown the government for nothing - just politics?

Democrats beginning to support Obamacare delays

A rising tide of Democrats has begun voicing support for easing the deadlines and penalties of the Affordable Care Act, showing the first cracks in party unity against GOP opposition to the health care law.

The pressure is acute in the Senate where Democrats in conservative or competitive states are lining up behind proposals to delay Obamacare, citing problems with the administration's glitch-plagued online rollout.

Sen. Kay Hagan, D-N.C., announced Thursday she supports delaying the enrollment period for two months and waiving the tax penalty for individuals who fail to enroll for the same period of time. The delays would "make up for time that is being lost" while the website is not functioning properly, she said in a statement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#147 Oct 25, 2013
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., proposed this week delaying the enrollment period, citing problems with HealthCare.gov . Her plan was quickly endorsed by Democratic Sens. Mark Begich of Alaska, Mark Pryor of Arkansas, and Mary Landrieu of Louisiana. All five Democrats face competitive 2014 re-election races.

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said he is drafting a proposal to delay for one year the requirement for individuals to purchase health insurance.

A prominent 2014 Senate Democratic candidate, Michelle Nunn in Georgia, on Thursday endorsed delaying the requirement for individuals to buy insurance.

A House Democrat, Rep. John Barrow of Georgia, also called for delaying the individual mandate in a floor speech this week, citing the administration's prior decision to delay for one year a separate requirement for employers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#148 Oct 25, 2013
According to Wall Street expert and Money Map Press Chief Investment Strategist, Keith Fitz-Gerald, Obamacare will create unheard of riches for investors who tap into the right companies.

"Obamacare is one of the single biggest wealth creation opportunities to hit the markets in decades," says Fitz-Gerald. "That's because huge amounts of money - trillions - will be spent as Obamacare gets rolling."

"And trillions more will be reallocated," he adds.

THOSE TRILLIONS will be coming directly out of middle class pockets.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Burnsville, MN

#149 Oct 25, 2013
The fact is that no matter how much the tea party wants a delay on the mandate it isn`t gonna happen. The web site is just one part of the ACA not the whole thing. The web site will get fixed and the law will move on. Get used to it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#150 Oct 25, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words you have no proof of anything. Just your lame opinions.
I really love how somehow you are allowed to attack people and when they fight back you play the victum and cry about personal attacks.
Believe it or not I don`t save links to your posts. You really don`t mean that much to me. It was last year around the same time you were trying to meet Slew in Seattle. But we both know what you said, lie about it all you want. It`s about all I expect from you anyways.
Snake, you are saying that the numerous examples given of the Obama Administration taking over entire industries and dictating how private businesses are run is not proof of anything? You are daffy.

I sincerely offered to apologize to you if I ever said what you claim I said. That is not a claim of victim status. However, I never said my businesses were involved in the health care industry. I am sure that even if you are incapable of producing anything factual on your claim, other on here could back you up with a link to something that says I told anyone I was in the health care industry.

Al Gore’s internet is a wonderful tool – if you are smart enough to know how to use it.

Lastly, given your inability to understand basic English, I have no doubt that you remember just what you want to remember, rather than what was said. You can go back to playing with yourself again now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#151 Oct 25, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
The fact is that no matter how much the tea party wants a delay on the mandate it isn`t gonna happen. The web site is just one part of the ACA not the whole thing. The web site will get fixed and the law will move on. Get used to it.
Damnit Snake, read a friggin' newspaper, will you? On Wed evening, Obama delayed the sign-up deadline for 6 weeks. This is the first of many delays that will be coming.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
spinning ball of scum 9 min NOI 1
i might start drinking 1 hr Jack Jim 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Into The Night 35,526
shoot me 3 hr NOI 1
Obama's America Wed LIbEralS 88
Right now!!!!!!! Tue space ace 3
Orlando Jun 27 OK Barry 40

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages