Affordable Care Act

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

#94 Oct 18, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see it that way? Yet you offer nothing to disprove any statement I made. In other words, you don't like being told the truth.
In another thread, I said Obama is a fascist. I stand by that statement.
----------
Under fascism, the state, through official cartels, controlled all aspects of manufacturing, commerce, finance, and agriculture. Planning boards set product lines, production levels, prices, wages, working conditions, and the size of firms. Licensing was ubiquitous; no economic activity could be undertaken without government permission. Levels of consumption were dictated by the state, and “excess” incomes had to be surrendered as taxes or “loans.”
http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Fascism.ht...
----------
Obamacare fits right into the definition of Economic Fascism as stated above.
You can not dispute the facts. To use your own words ... Live with it.
To use your own words from another thread.... Obama and big business are partners. Why in the world would big business partner up with a fascist I have no idea. I`m sure in your mind its logical. You remind me alot of Hannity. The other night I was watching his show and he had on a businessman who said he was gonna cut all his employees hours to under 30 to avoid the ACA.So to hannity that means that EVERY business in america is gonna do that.

I take comfort in knowing that in 1 or 2 more election cycles texas will be a blue state and that will make people like you irrelevant as far as national elections go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#96 Oct 18, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
To use your own words from another thread.... Obama and big business are partners. Why in the world would big business partner up with a fascist I have no idea. I`m sure in your mind its logical. You remind me alot of Hannity. The other night I was watching his show and he had on a businessman who said he was gonna cut all his employees hours to under 30 to avoid the ACA.So to hannity that means that EVERY business in america is gonna do that.
I take comfort in knowing that in 1 or 2 more election cycles texas will be a blue state and that will make people like you irrelevant as far as national elections go.
Obama is in bed with big business.

I thought you were a smart guy. You claim to run a business and you claim that it is a successful business. Yet you do not see why big businesses are so quick to partner up with Obama?

Who do you think wrote Obamacare? Do you think Nancy Pelosi wrote it? She didn't even read the damned thing. The insurance industry and insurance consultants wrote Obamacare. They then turned it over to their lackeys in the Obama Administration.

Obama's staffers then turned it over to Pelosi and Reid who jammed it down the throats of the American public before anyone knew what the bill contained.

If you are Blue Cross Blue Shield and you commit to get in bed with Obama, you got to help write the rules and regulations that will govern Obamacare.

Stop and think about that last pooint. You get to write the specs for the companies that will be allowed to participate in the government monopoly that is now the insurance industry. You are guaranteed growth because you get to eliminate the low cost competition, and you will have larger pool of customers because everyone will be required by law to purchase your product.

They sure as hell are going to get in bed with Obama because the alternative - a free market - will mean they have to be competitive on prices and products with anyone who enters the marketplace. The net result there is a decline in the company's profits and a decline in their market share.

Let's see ... a government controlled monopoly where you are guaranteed a profit ... or a free market where you might lose your shirt ... hmmmm ... big business will take the government monopoly every time.

Come on Snake. If you own your own business as you say, you knew this all along. There is nothing new or evolutionary in what I wrote.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Saint Paul, MN

#102 Oct 19, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is in bed with big business.
I thought you were a smart guy. You claim to run a business and you claim that it is a successful business. Yet you do not see why big businesses are so quick to partner up with Obama?
Who do you think wrote Obamacare? Do you think Nancy Pelosi wrote it? She didn't even read the damned thing. The insurance industry and insurance consultants wrote Obamacare. They then turned it over to their lackeys in the Obama Administration.
Obama's staffers then turned it over to Pelosi and Reid who jammed it down the throats of the American public before anyone knew what the bill contained.
If you are Blue Cross Blue Shield and you commit to get in bed with Obama, you got to help write the rules and regulations that will govern Obamacare.
Stop and think about that last pooint. You get to write the specs for the companies that will be allowed to participate in the government monopoly that is now the insurance industry. You are guaranteed growth because you get to eliminate the low cost competition, and you will have larger pool of customers because everyone will be required by law to purchase your product.
They sure as hell are going to get in bed with Obama because the alternative - a free market - will mean they have to be competitive on prices and products with anyone who enters the marketplace. The net result there is a decline in the company's profits and a decline in their market share.
Let's see ... a government controlled monopoly where you are guaranteed a profit ... or a free market where you might lose your shirt ... hmmmm ... big business will take the government monopoly every time.
Come on Snake. If you own your own business as you say, you knew this all along. There is nothing new or evolutionary in what I wrote.
As usual you miss the whole point. Then you cherry pick the few things big bussiness would like and ignor the rest.

While I don`t agree with you completely lets just assume you`re right. How does Obama signing this law make him a fascist in all aspects of his economic poloicies.

I don`t claim to be an expert on business, all I was trying to do is convey to you that my experience was nothing like the wat you make it out to be.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#103 Oct 19, 2013
ObamaBot priorities:

HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius has time to attend the Kennedy forum Gala in Boston, but is too busy to testify on Capitol Hill about ObamaCare.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/sebelius-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
minuteman

Somerset, KY

#104 Oct 19, 2013
Al Franken has sold out Obama

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Al Frankenstien

Somerset, KY

#105 Oct 19, 2013
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are,'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
~Ronald Reagan

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
goose

Chicago, IL

#106 Oct 19, 2013
You can always tell a Schmahl post by the misspellings.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#108 Oct 20, 2013
OPRAH - burned by Barry once has had enough:

As the White House was gearing up to sell ObamaCare to the American people last summer, Valerie Jarrett, the president’s pointwoman on a host of issues, phoned Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah refused.

“All of Oprah’s top people thought she would go, because when the president invites you to the White House, most people automatically say yes,” said one of Oprah’s closest advisers.“But Oprah said she didn’t have the time or inclination to go. It wasn’t like she had to think it over. It was an immediate, flat-out, unequivocal no.”

http://nypost.com/2013/10/20/even-oprah-isnt-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#109 Oct 21, 2013
Too funny!

Consumer Reports: "Stay Away From HealthCare.gov "

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#111 Oct 21, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
OPRAH - burned by Barry once has had enough:
As the White House was gearing up to sell ObamaCare to the American people last summer, Valerie Jarrett, the president’s pointwoman on a host of issues, phoned Oprah Winfrey.
Oprah refused.
“All of Oprah’s top people thought she would go, because when the president invites you to the White House, most people automatically say yes,” said one of Oprah’s closest advisers.“But Oprah said she didn’t have the time or inclination to go. It wasn’t like she had to think it over. It was an immediate, flat-out, unequivocal no.”
http://nypost.com/2013/10/20/even-oprah-isnt-...
Even Jesus don't mess with Oprah, much less some paltry government official.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#112 Oct 22, 2013
This is a must see!

Jon Stewart Delivers Blistering Takedown of Obamacare Rollout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
un affordable

Minneapolis, MN

#114 Oct 22, 2013
Snake PHD wrote:
I wonder why unions and big businesses got waivers from Obama so they would not have to participate? I wonder why Congress and their staff members got waivers? Don't they all have to follow the same laws that I do?
the liberals pick and choose their partners in crime. liberals and unions, what a partnership.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#115 Oct 22, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you miss the whole point. Then you cherry pick the few things big bussiness would like and ignor the rest.
While I don`t agree with you completely lets just assume you`re right. How does Obama signing this law make him a fascist in all aspects of his economic poloicies.
I don`t claim to be an expert on business, all I was trying to do is convey to you that my experience was nothing like the wat you make it out to be.
I am right on point. I made the statement that Obama is a Fascist and his economic policies fit the definition of Economic Fascism. I backed up that with the definition of Economic Fascism, and provided examples.

You say you can not refute what I offer. No one can refute what I said because it is the truth.

If you or any Leftist has proof that will show Obama is not an Economic Fascist, I challenge you to bring it forward. Otherwise, at least be honest with yourself and admit that you are a disciple of Fascism.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
un affordable

Minneapolis, MN

#116 Oct 22, 2013
You can always tell a liberal post by the misunderstanding.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#117 Oct 22, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am right on point. I made the statement that Obama is a Fascist and his economic policies fit the definition of Economic Fascism. I backed up that with the definition of Economic Fascism, and provided examples.
You say you can not refute what I offer. No one can refute what I said because it is the truth.
If you or any Leftist has proof that will show Obama is not an Economic Fascist, I challenge you to bring it forward. Otherwise, at least be honest with yourself and admit that you are a disciple of Fascism.
Hey, what's not fascist about the federal government forcing people to purchase a product they don't want? Or maybe it's totalitarian. It's kind of a grey area I suppose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Saint Paul, MN

#118 Oct 22, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
NEWSFLASH... Just because you say it doesn`t make it true.

Just because you know the definition doesn`t make anything else you say true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#119 Oct 22, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what's not fascist about the federal government forcing people to purchase a product they don't want? Or maybe it's totalitarian. It's kind of a grey area I suppose.
Like car insurance?

All people use medical care in their lives.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#120 Oct 22, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
NEWSFLASH... Just because you say it doesn`t make it true.
Just because you know the definition doesn`t make anything else you say true.
Snake, if I said it, it is true. Prove me wrong.

I gave you the definition of Economic Fascism. Obama's economic policies fit that definition exactly.

You can't. Obama is the poster child for Economic Fascism.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#121 Oct 22, 2013
Sort of like you are the poster child for compulsive liars anonymous?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#123 Oct 23, 2013
Arch on Larch wrote:
Sort of like you are the poster child for compulsive liars anonymous?
Well then, if this is true, it shouldn't be too tough to prove him wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royal family sucks 37 min silly rabbit 27
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr hahaha 26,971
Davy took a knee at working 1 hr MAGAfiggypops 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr Nice Misanthropist 40,045
John mccain butt worms 3 hr donot elect cuomo 7
Davy speaks out after being evicted from his pa... 3 hr Space ace 9
MPLS Bus Drivers and Teachers Taking a Beat Down 4 hr Space ace 16

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages