GM recalls 207,000 Buick Regal and Po...

GM recalls 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix sedans due to fire risk

There are 184 comments on the KARE-TV Minneapolis story from Mar 14, 2008, titled GM recalls 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix sedans due to fire risk. In it, KARE-TV Minneapolis reports that:

General Motors Corp. says it is recalling more than 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix sedans because they can develop oil leaks that can cause fires. via KARE-TV Minneapolis

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KARE-TV Minneapolis.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
roy strong

Auburn, AL

#1 Mar 14, 2008
we own a pontiac grand prix how do we get this problem fixed? 2000 model
Harrison Fire

Mount Pleasant, MI

#2 Mar 15, 2008
Registered owners get a recall letter.
Otherwise, contact a Pontiac dealer.
Not From MN thank god

Duarte, CA

#3 Mar 15, 2008
My cousins had one and it happend to his. It actually caught on fire after he turned the car off. The fire dept. came and had to tear it open to put it out after that the car was totalled. I wonder if he is entitled to anything due to this...
IL sucks balls

Bloomington, IL

#4 Mar 16, 2008
This only affects vehicles with the 3.8L supercharged engine, like the Buick Regal GS and the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. If you don't have a Regal GS or a Grand Prix GTP, you don't have a supercharged engine, therefore you don't have a problem.
Hanover PA

Baltimore, MD

#6 Mar 17, 2008
We recently (as of a week ago) had our 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT totalled due to fire under the hood. Nice for the recall to come out now.
Not From MN thank god

Duarte, CA

#7 Mar 18, 2008
I am wondering if they are going to compensate those who this has happened to.
Hanover PA wrote:
We recently (as of a week ago) had our 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT totalled due to fire under the hood. Nice for the recall to come out now. P.S. MN sucks
Jack CA

Santa Ana, CA

#8 Mar 25, 2008
My sisters 98 Buick burned up my garage 2 years ago. Also totaled my $60 68 GTO! It's time to file a class action suit! Anybody else want to jump on the band wagon?
Not From MN thank god

Duarte, CA

#9 Mar 25, 2008
Well first of all Jack, the 98 Buick didn't have this specfic problem so you couldn't be in it anyway. It is only the Regals and Grand Prix's that had a supercharger in that time frame. Pay attention.
Jack CA wrote:
My sisters 98 Buick burned up my garage 2 years ago. Also totaled my $60 68 GTO! It's time to file a class action suit! Anybody else want to jump on the band wagon?
Frances

Windsor, Canada

#10 Mar 26, 2008
I've been smelling something for months...when I turned off the car I saw smoke! couldn't find anything wrong though?? Whenever I mentioned this to the dealership they said "we can't find anything wrong" saw the info on the recall..took the car in and "ah ha" the oil was dripping on the manifold... fixed what needed to be fixed and am awaiting the recall, so I can get rembursed.. I'm wondering if I had waited for the recall like the dealership suggested and a fire occurred would I still have been insured knowing what I know????
Cmcollins

Manchester, NH

#11 Mar 31, 2008
Well I guess I am one of the 1 in a 1000. My 1999 Buic Regal GS car caught fire this past Friday March 28th. My sixteen year old son drove it to school and after he went into school it caught fire. Total loss. Wonder what GM will do for me. Considering we just got the letter two weeks prior and parts were not ready yet...
Liz_stylist

United States

#12 Apr 1, 2008
My car just caught fire yesterday morning... I am 8 months pregnant and have two children ages 5 and 3 that were in the car with me 5 minutes before it happened... I hope pontiac plans on taking care of this mess. I don't have time to be dealing with this!! Maybe I should start looking for a mini-van :)
Not From MN thank god

Duarte, CA

#13 Apr 2, 2008
No offense but who does have time for it?
Liz_stylist wrote:
My car just caught fire yesterday morning... I am 8 months pregnant and have two children ages 5 and 3 that were in the car with me 5 minutes before it happened... I hope pontiac plans on taking care of this mess. I don't have time to be dealing with this!! Maybe I should start looking for a mini-van :)
Keri- Bloomington IL

United States

#14 Apr 9, 2008
Jack CA wrote:
I'd love 2 file a class action lawsuit... where do I sign up!!!!!!
Keri- Bloomington IL

United States

#15 Apr 9, 2008
Id love to, where do I sign up??
Not From MN thank god

Duarte, CA

#16 Apr 9, 2008
There isn't one genius, if you would read you would see. So quick to sign up, why don't you start one? Doubt thats going to happen.
Keri- Bloomington IL wrote:
Id love to, where do I sign up??
Jack CA

West Covina, CA

#18 Apr 14, 2008
Not From MN thank god wrote:
Well first of all Jack, the 98 Buick didn't have this specfic problem so you couldn't be in it anyway. It is only the Regals and Grand Prix's that had a supercharger in that time frame. Pay attention.
<quoted text>
As the article reads:
The automaker said Friday the recall affects 1997 to 2003 Buick Regal GS and Grand Prix GDP models with 3.8-liter supercharged V-6 engines

My sisters car was a Supercharged 98 Regal.

** Maybe you should pay attention!** And learn how to spell (specfic)
Michelle chirtian

United States

#19 Apr 16, 2008
Jack CA wrote:
I Would LOVE TOO. Mine burned up Dec. 23, 2007. Email me at [email protected]
Michelle chirtian

United States

#20 Apr 16, 2008
I would love to join a class action against GM. They have done nothing for me, mine bunred up December 23, 2007. Email me at [email protected]
San

East Berlin, CT

#22 Apr 18, 2008
Not From MN thank god wrote:
The lawsuit doesn't apply to you bozo, why can't you get that?
Maybe it was a good thing you lost that GTO because you are too stupid to understand.
<quoted text>
I have not seen a lawsuit yet but I will try to get names to start one. Post if interested, and please do not argue with each other we have all lost here. Also check Edmunds.com and make sure your vehicle is one of the affected ones.
Julie

New York, NY

#23 Apr 19, 2008
I would be interested on information on the class action law suit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alan Greenspan - stop spending so much on enti... 1 hr Little Boy Blue 8
Don Trump is a rapist 1 hr Little Boy Blue 26
Karma is a B-word 1 hr Little Boy Blue 6
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 2 hr _Zoey_ 308
Pimples and white people 2 hr EmzWashington 25
News Chemical-free swimming pool to open in North Mi... 5 hr Little Boy Blue 52
grossest thing ever 5 hr Little Boy Blue 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages