Editorial: Nurse ratios are for hospi...

Editorial: Nurse ratios are for hospitals, not legislators, to decide

There are 15 comments on the TwinCities story from Feb 17, 2013, titled Editorial: Nurse ratios are for hospitals, not legislators, to decide. In it, TwinCities reports that:

They couldn't make headway on hospital staffing standards at the bargaining table, so Minnesota nurses again are taking their cause to the Legislature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

AntiMelting

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2013
If they strike, they should be fired. Be happy you have an excellent paying job. Stop bitching.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#2 Feb 17, 2013
Has nothing to do with a strike, too bad you read an article you didn't read...

Nurses "honestly believe patients are at risk," Diemert told us. "The safety net is stretched too thin." According to a survey last year of MNA members, almost two-thirds of registered nurses worked more than two shifts a month with insufficient staffing.

Understaffing is "chronic, rather than episodic," Diemert said. The problem is, nurses are doing more in less time."

What's more, the Minnesota Health Department's annual report on "adverse events" in health care is "only the tip of the iceberg from the patient's point of view," Diemert said. It doesn't reflect the "near misses under the radar screen" that are prevented by dedicated nurses.
AntiMelting

United States

#3 Feb 17, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
Has nothing to do with a strike, too bad you read an article you didn't read...
Nurses "honestly believe patients are at risk," Diemert told us. "The safety net is stretched too thin." According to a survey last year of MNA members, almost two-thirds of registered nurses worked more than two shifts a month with insufficient staffing.
Understaffing is "chronic, rather than episodic," Diemert said. The problem is, nurses are doing more in less time."
What's more, the Minnesota Health Department's annual report on "adverse events" in health care is "only the tip of the iceberg from the patient's point of view," Diemert said. It doesn't reflect the "near misses under the radar screen" that are prevented by dedicated nurses.
ie., we want more money.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#4 Feb 17, 2013
The already did the contract, they WANT better staffing... You posted the article, NOW read it.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 17, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
The already did the contract, they WANT better staffing... You posted the article, NOW read it.
Slewsie, just say what you mean. They was better staffing which means more overtime, more nurses, less work, and more money. They want to do less and make more. It is the union way.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#7 Feb 17, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
Slewsie, just say what you mean. They was better staffing which means more overtime, more nurses, less work, and more money. They want to do less and make more. It is the union way.
You mean saving MORE LIVES ?? Oops... There goes the dead campaign manager, who didn't "NEED" healthcare, right ??? Of course, you get your FREE, right ?? Ever figure out.... I pay for you ??

You're welcome.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#8 Feb 17, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
Slewsie, just say what you mean. They was better staffing which means more overtime, more nurses, less work, and more money. They want to do less and make more. It is the union way.
You would be lucky to have a nurse wipe your arse after I beat a hole in your head.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 17, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
<quoted text>You mean saving MORE LIVES ?? Oops... There goes the dead campaign manager, who didn't "NEED" healthcare, right ??? Of course, you get your FREE, right ?? Ever figure out.... I pay for you ??
You're welcome.
I werks so I pays my own way. And dojo dollars are not legal ender in the US so P pays for you. LMAOROLFU~!
Bridgework

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 17, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
I werks so I pays my own way. And dojo dollars are not legal ender in the US so P pays for you. LMAOROLFU~!
Is this the final proof that Slew and redeemer are the same person?
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Feb 17, 2013
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the final proof that Slew and redeemer are the same person?
Slewsie isn't man enough to admit to his myriad of monikers.
Hole in your head

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 17, 2013
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>You would be lucky to have a nurse wipe your arse after I beat a hole in your head.
F you, azzhole!
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#14 Feb 17, 2013
Hole in your head wrote:
<quoted text>F you, azzhole!
Don't worry! I'll patch the pothole I put in your head with human fertilizer. You can call it a brain.
More Staffing Great

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Mar 26, 2013
But every time it seems the end result is more pay and more benefits for staff and the patient/nurse ratio is out the window. Get it right this time. Forget the benefits and focus on patient/nurse ratio.
AntiMelting

United States

#16 Mar 26, 2013
We want more money!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#17 Jun 27, 2013
less money=less staff
less staff=more work
more work=more stress
more stress=more errors

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Ferrera Writes "Thank You" Letter to Do... 29 min Tellitlikeitis 7
Crush Religious Freedom 40 min The_Box 30
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 42 min Earthling-1 34,378
News 2 dead after shooting at Maple Grove McDonald's (Apr '09) 3 hr bystander 228
Politically Correct NASCAR 5 hr PappyVanWinkle 2
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 14 hr LIbErals 373
Donald trump cooler than rosie O'Donnell 16 hr space ace 25
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages