Minnesota has a spending problem.

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#1 May 14, 2013
Minnesota does not have a revenue problem. It has a spending problem.

----------

Minnesota: Revenue keeps rising, but still the DFL aims to raise taxes

Pioneer Press
05/14/2013
03:59:31 PM CDT

Again in April, tax revenue collected by the state exceeded forecasters' projections, according to a report last week from Minnesota Management and Budget.

The April figure -- up $153 million, with gains attributed to better-than-anticipated collections from individual and corporate taxes -- comes after the state collected $145 million more than anticipated in February and March.

Unfortunately, the gains seem not to be affecting the budget and tax conversation at the Capitol. Officials typically caution about interpretation of the figures, suggesting that variances may reflect one-time differences in the timing of receipts, rather than increased economic activity.

But they should give pause to DFL lawmakers in their drive to increase taxes, over and above an already-increasing take.

With more money coming in, DFLers, who control both houses of the Legislature and the governor's office, have some explaining to do as voters hold them accountable for a budget deal that could increase taxes by at least $2 billion over the next two years.

http://www.twincities.com/opinion/ci_23241972...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#2 May 14, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
----------
Pioneer Press
05/14/2013
Again in April, tax revenue collected by the state exceeded forecasters' projections, according to a report last week from Minnesota Management and Budget.
The April figure -- up $153 million, with gains attributed to better-than-anticipated collections from individual and corporate taxes -- comes after the state collected $145 million more than anticipated in February and March.
Unfortunately, the gains seem not to be affecting the budget and tax conversation at the Capitol. Officials typically caution about interpretation of the figures, suggesting that variances may reflect one-time differences in the timing of receipts, rather than increased economic activity.
But they should give pause to DFL lawmakers in their drive to increase taxes, over and above an already-increasing take.
With more money coming in, DFLers, who control both houses of the Legislature and the governor's office, have some explaining to do as voters hold them accountable for a budget deal that could increase taxes by at least $2 billion over the next two years.
Of course, it's the DFL, because they're the only legislators in Minnesota, right blathering boi ???

Heck, you "claimed" to be able to avoid taxes, was that another Trashy Lie ?? LMAOROFU~!!

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#3 May 14, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
----------
Pioneer Press
05/14/2013
Correct.

If they waited 6 months there would be no problem with balancing the budget with NO tax increase.

However the Libertards are using the shortfall to justify jacking up taxes to further the expansion of failed Government programs.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#4 May 14, 2013
Of course, it's the DFL, because they're the only legislators in Minnesota, right blathering boi ???

Heck, you "claimed" to be able to avoid taxes, was that another Trashy Lie ?? LMAOROFU~!!

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids..
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#5 May 15, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
----------
Pioneer Press
05/14/2013
The projected bi-annual deficit is now projected to be a surplus, so that portion of the increase is superfluous.
Neither of my Teeth

Seattle, WA

#7 May 15, 2013
GOOG $908.90 +$21.80 (+2.5%)
IMMR $14.14 +$0.12 (+0.9%)

Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine.
I need to laugh, and when the sun is out
I've got something I can laugh about,
I feel good, in a special way.
I'm in love and it's a sunny day.

Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine.
We take a walk, the sun is shining down,
Burns my feet as they touch the ground.

Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine.
And then we lie, beneath a shady tree,
I love her and she's loving me.
She feels good, she knows she's looking fine.
I'm so proud to know that she is mine.

Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine.
Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The train wreck called ObamaCare (Jul '13) 7 min LIbEralS 359
IRS emails "lost" (Jun '14) 17 min LIbEralS 57
Net Neutrality is NOT Neutral 19 min TAAM 1
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 29 min LIbEralS 33,905
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 37 min TAAM 304
Net Neutrality we need LANE NEUTRALITY 5 hr Snoop 1
Minnesota: An African Nation 6 hr MexicanCartel 16
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:46 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:46PM
Peterson Suspension Ruling Appealed by NFL
NBC Sports 2:56 PM
Vikings continue to focus on welcoming Adrian Peterson back
Bleacher Report 3:00 PM
Bostick: I Received 'A Lot' of Death Threats
Bleacher Report 8:09 PM
What Can We Expect If AP Is Able to Return?
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
GB Must Address ILB, but Not Necessarily in 1st Round