Republicans waging ‘war on working people’

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Smarter Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 30, 2012
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday called on the GOP to stop its “war on the working people of America” as fiscal cliff fighting intensifies.

“First of all I’d like our Republican friends to stop a war on the working people of America,” she said on CNN’s “Early Start.”“That is what the ultimate non-action [on the fiscal cliff] will impact. Those are the people who will be impacted.”

Jackson Lee, a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, said the Democrats are open to negotiating, but that many safety net programs are sacred.

“[The] president is not in any way suggesting that he’s not willing to negotiate,” she said.“He asked the question,‘When are the Republicans going to be considerate of those who get up every day and work? Or those who need Medicare or Social Security and Medicaid?’ That is what the bottom line is for the president and for Democrats, to protect benefits in a reasonable manner, and to ensure that we have the revenue to bring down the deficit and continue to operate in the needs of the American people.”

She also slammed Republican focus on deficit reduction.

“If my Republican friends would think about the working people of America, stop the war on working people of America, and not adhere to the fact that in a recession you must constantly focus on the deficit,” she said.“Most economists say focus on growth. But I am looking forward to reasonable men and women coming together as patriots, and ensuring that we will address this question for the American people.”

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#2 Nov 30, 2012
Good lord! Sheila Jackson Lee? Anything that that woman says is instantly discredited.

SJL is the woman who said that the US Weather Service was racist because they only name hurricanes the names of white people.

SJL is the woman that told a 3rd grade class that she hoped the Mars Explorer would be able to get a picture of the American flag that the astronauts left up on Mars.

Oh, yeah. This is a woman that every American child should listen to.
One of the Bobs

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 1, 2012
It's funny to read a post from an instantly discredited person claiming someone else is instantly discredited. Haha. Good one.
Another Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Dec 1, 2012
One of the Bobs wrote:
It's funny to read a post from an instantly discredited person claiming someone else is instantly discredited. Haha. Good one.
What is funny is you fools chasing SL all over the place. He owns you and you are too dumb to see it for what it is.
One of the Bobs

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 1, 2012
Another Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funny is you fools chasing SL all over the place. He owns you and you are too dumb to see it for what it is.
Go back to the NSP fiber optic thread. Your misinterpretations are welcome there.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#8 Dec 1, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
Good lord! Sheila Jackson Lee? Anything that that woman says is instantly discredited.
SJL is the woman who said that the US Weather Service was racist because they only name hurricanes the names of white people.
SJL is the woman that told a 3rd grade class that she hoped the Mars Explorer would be able to get a picture of the American flag that the astronauts left up on Mars.
Oh, yeah. This is a woman that every American child should listen to.
Why should we believe you liar fred, with the wet bed...ALL YOU DO IS LIE ~! Look at the multiple moniker liar SQUIRM ~!

Does your bumper sticker READ:
LIARS FOR WRONGNEY/RMONEY !???
or
FIRE AMERICAN WORKERS !!

PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Jerry Sandusky...
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Walker Arrested....
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Secret Service....
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Crystal Sugar....
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Postal Job....
PROVEN !

Gee hero slew/liar fred, not honorable/heroic AT ALL !??
The Real Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 1, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Why should we believe you liar fred, with the wet bed...ALL YOU DO IS LIE ~! Look at the multiple moniker liar SQUIRM ~!
Does your bumper sticker READ:
LIARS FOR WRONGNEY/RMONEY !???
or
FIRE AMERICAN WORKERS !!
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Jerry Sandusky...
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Walker Arrested....
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Secret Service....
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Crystal Sugar....
PROVEN !
Hero slew/fred lied about Postal Job....
PROVEN !
Gee hero slew/liar fred, not honorable/heroic AT ALL !??
PROVEN! Slew's man crush on Smart Liberal is stronger than ever.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Dec 1, 2012
Proven, your man crush on me is intolerable to you... Ps- This "man crush" business YOU speak of...when did you notice your obsession with me ??? LMAOROTFU~! Wanna grow some balls and sign a waiver ??
The Real Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 2, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Proven, your man crush on me is intolerable to you... Ps- This "man crush" business YOU speak of...when did you notice your obsession with me ??? LMAOROTFU~! Wanna grow some balls and sign a waiver ??
Too bad you are afraid to admit your devotion to Con and SL. It is 2012. You are allowed to express your man crush Slew. You will fit right in with the rest of the Dems when you finally come out.
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Dec 2, 2012
I like guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 33 min Bill 26,279
Communism is a joke 4 hr Space ace 1
Socialism is a joke 4 hr Space ace 1
Why Elites Love Illegal Immigration: Cheap Labor (Jun '13) 4 hr Sangelia 12
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 5 hr LIbEralS 262
OBAMA's ties to the MAINSTREAM LIBERAL MEDIA 5 hr LIbEralS 2
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 7 hr litesong 32,665
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••