If the “American Dream” is Truly Dead, Corporate Greed is What Killed It

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

#5 Aug 11, 2013
This is what globalization looks like.

Did you really think that the biggest country left intact after WWII wouldn't thrive? That we wouldn't have the head start on the rest of the world that had to rebuild and struggle? Well after 40 years or so, the rest of the world caught up.

It would be foolish to think that would have lasted forever. The American Dream was based on the assumption that things would always be the same, that no other country could match our economy, production, assets, opportunity, etc. Well, most of them have now.

This is what competition looks like. The problem is that we are stuck in an old mindset and refuse to compete, then we complain about losing.

Corporations are growing because they understand this. They are abandoning the US because we refuse to do what is needed to compete. We are being left behind.

We demand the highest wages and cling to corrupt and outdated labor unions so the government has to incentivize businesses by continually lowering their taxes and finding other creative ways to reduce the cost of doing business in the US. We are bred to be the ultimate consumer culture, never satisfied and always wanting newer, better and flashier products. The rest of the world sends its wares here for us but we produce very little for ourselves anymore.

In WWII, the nation conducted a massive internal support campaign to conserve, recycle and scrimp for the war effort, but now I would bet that would fail miserably, as buying American just isn't cool anymore.

Where are our dollars going? Not here. And that's not the fault of the businesses, its ours.
ist

Rockford, MN

#8 Aug 11, 2013
My american dream is to bang a supermodel. Who can I blame for not reaching that dream?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 3 min American_Sons 13
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 min kal 33,469
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 15 min Martin Scott treptow 84
8 dead in aussie stabbing 2 hr Space ace 1
Mall of America Protest 2 hr Sunshine 13
MNsure losing money already (Jan '14) 6 hr LIbEralS 17
Renee Manning Colleen wallin Joe Cole IPM DMW (Jun '09) 9 hr irs audit dmw Car... 48
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:45 am PST

NBC Sports11:45AM