Most New Yorkers Think Climate Change...

Most New Yorkers Think Climate Change Caused Hurricane, Poll Finds

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Most New Yorkers Think Climate Change Caused Hurricane, Poll Finds

Source: New York Times

New York State voters overwhelmingly say they believe that Hurricane Sandy demonstrated the effects of climate change, according to a poll released Monday by Siena College.

Sixty-nine percent of voters tied the storm, as well as Tropical Storms Irene and Lee last year, to global climate change, compared with 24 percent who believed they were isolated weather events, the poll found.

But some skepticism remained: while 8 in 10 Democrats said the storms demonstrated climate change, Republicans were divided, with 46 percent citing climate change and 44 percent describing the storms as isolated episodes.

Voters were generally pleased with the performance of their elected officials in the wake of the storm, according to the poll, which was conducted from last Monday to Thursday. Sixty-seven percent of voters surveyed said Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo did an excellent or good job handling the storm, 61 percent approved of President Obama’s performance, and 53 percent were pleased with the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/nyregion/mo...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Most New Yorkers think the world ends at Pittsburgh so I am not sure I put much stock into what New Yorkers think or for that matter much care for what they think!
The Real Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 3, 2012
All your stupid story means is that the same low information voters that put Obama back in office are just as dumb when it comes to why hurricanes occur.
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Don't tell me you don't believe in science either!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#5 Dec 3, 2012
There were hurricanes and climate change long before there were people on the planet. The idea that these phenomena are caused by climate change is the product of gullible fearful people who don't understand science being spurred on by propaganda spewed out of the mouths of the likes of Algore, who stand to make the most money from this hysteria. Capitalists using fear to sell their snake oil dates back to the beginnings of civilization.
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 3, 2012
You're nuts.

The vast majority of climate researchers and scientists in the field believe both that the climate is warming and that man is contributing to the warming.

Anyone that doesn't believe this is a buffoon.

This is SCIENCE, not POLITICS, you dunb azz.

Rogers, MN

#7 Dec 3, 2012
I did not mention politics but rather, profit.

Yes the climate is warming as it has done time and time again over the life of the planet.(both before after the dawning of man)
Man may contribute in some small way but evidence that man is the cause this time is questionable at best and almost always motivated by profit. Research grants, carbon credits, movies and speaking engagements,(Algore averages over $100,000 for a 75 minute chat)and although no one seems to know what he made off his movie, the film grossed about $50,000,000 in the US and overseas.

And your "vast majority" of climate researchers failed to account for such things as solar cycles, seismic variables and gravitational effects of the other planets and even the sun and moon.

And try not to call people names when you debate. It really messes with your credibility.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 3, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
You're nuts.
The vast majority of climate researchers and scientists in the field believe both that the climate is warming and that man is contributing to the warming.
Anyone that doesn't believe this is a buffoon.
This is SCIENCE, not POLITICS, you dunb azz.
No, most scientist in the field do not believe that, and in fact only about 50% actually believe that. The problem is they don't have enought evidence to support the theory that anything man has done actually affected the earth climate. Lots of theories, a lot of conjecture and assumptions/correlations. And we call it climate change now, not Global warming, try and stay current with the programs!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Divert, deflect, and dumb*ss, always...right ?? LMAOROFU~! Poor CLUCKERS ~!

Rogers, MN

#10 Dec 3, 2012
What a clever and astute rebuttal. And the name calling? Really seals the argument.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#11 Dec 3, 2012
cantmakeitup wrote:
What a clever and astute rebuttal. And the name calling? Really seals the argument.
Thanks, that means a lot, coming from a senile moron who cantgetitup and believes he's 483 years old....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 37,797
Seeking 2 hr KyTEE 1
Threads Gone I'm Gone 14 hr figgypops 5
Liberals crying over trump comments again Wed God 38
Megyn Kelly's mysterious Olympics benching by N... Jan 16 Me Too 7
Libs behind Hawaii fake alert Jan 15 FBI Dirty - Trump... 11
Obama tries to suck up to Prince Harry Jan 15 Seattle Slew 70

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages