GOP 'Begging For America To Fail'

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

background noise

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 29, 2013
Former President Bill Clinton weighed in on an increasingly likely government shutdown in an interview with ABC's 'This Week'. Clinton criticized Republican demands, as well as their obsession with Obamacare.

"I've never seen a time-- can you remember a time in your lifetime when a major political party was just sitting around, begging for America to fail?"

The House voted early Sunday to make major cuts and delays to the Affordable Care Act in exchange for continuing to fund the government. The bill marks the 43rd time that House Republicans have voted to defund or repeal Obamacare. The White House and Senate Democrats have already said that this kind of a demand is a non-starter.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/29/bill...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sam

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Boy ain't that the truth!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
digger

Atlanta, GA

#11 Oct 7, 2013
Here's the key line:

"I've never seen a time-- can you remember a time in your lifetime when a major political party was just sitting around, begging for America to fail?"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Oct 8, 2013
digger wrote:
Here's the key line:
It goes further than that - Obama is trying to spook the markets just to further his socalist agenda.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#16 Oct 8, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
But not for curing childrens cancer. Not for veterans memorials, but for illegal aliens to use public malls.
And not for those 16 million kids who go to bed hungry every night in this country. Their parents need that money for cigs and slot machines and the like.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Susan

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Oct 14, 2013
It's a sad day for America when the Republican party is openly trying to make America fail to prove a political point. How unpatriotic can you get?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Oct 14, 2013
Susan wrote:
It's a sad day for America when the Republican party is openly trying to make America fail to prove a political point. How unpatriotic can you get?
Do you mean openly trying to make America fail like saying something like I think Wall Street can have an influence. CEOs around the country can have an influence, President Obama said Wednesday in an interview with CNBCs John Harwood.This is going to have a profound impact on our economy, their bottom line, employees and shareholders unless we start seeing a different attitude around that faction of Congress.

I think this time its different, Obama said in the interview.I think they should be concerned.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tea Party

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Oct 14, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean openly trying to make America fail like saying something like I think Wall Street can have an influence. CEOs around the country can have an influence, President Obama said Wednesday in an interview with CNBCs John Harwood.This is going to have a profound impact on our economy, their bottom line, employees and shareholders unless we start seeing a different attitude around that faction of Congress.
I think this time its different, Obama said in the interview.I think they should be concerned.
Nothing like trying to divert attention away from the facts when you are trapped by them, huh, John?

Can you spell "off-topic"?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#26 Oct 14, 2013
Lest our friend forget the topic that he (she?) is trying to divert our attention from, here is the topic again:

Former President Bill Clinton weighed in on an increasingly likely government shutdown in an interview with ABC's 'This Week'. Clinton criticized Republican demands, as well as their obsession with Obamacare.

The House voted early Sunday to make major cuts and delays to the Affordable Care Act in exchange for continuing to fund the government. The bill marks the 43rd time that House Republicans have voted to defund or repeal Obamacare. The White House and Senate Democrats have already said that this kind of a demand is a non-starter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tea Party

United States

#29 Oct 14, 2013
The Republicans got what they deserve - their approval rating is less than half of Obama's approval rating.

They will cave within 24 hours now and their grandstanding will all be for naught. Oh, except that they handed the 2014 elections to the Democrats.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grossest thing ever 10 min space ace 29
Bicyclist hit br trailer to be charged 21 min Oh well 1
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 31 min Get a clue girls 191
News Chemical-free swimming pool to open in North Mi... 51 min Oh well 53
Don Trump is a rapist 2 hr TOASTER 27
Trump's endorses Palin? 4 hr FOVR 1
Alan Greenspan - stop spending so much on enti... 10 hr Little Boy Blue 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages