Young women hold the key to cycle of ...

Young women hold the key to cycle of poverty and violence

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

The Exorcist

Chester, PA

#1 Jul 23, 2013
It's right there, in all the depressing stats. An estimated 10,000 to 12,000 Philadelphia teens are mothers, according to a story by thenotebook.org , a local education-news service. Project U-Turn, a city campaign to focus on the city's dropout rate, estimates that more than 70 percent of those teens will drop out of high school. The number of children living in single-parent homes has nearly doubled since 1960, according to data from the 2010 Census. More than 40 percent of teenage moms report living in poverty by age 27. The rates are especially high among black and Hispanic teen moms, more than half of whom end up in poverty. I'm not just holding you accountable here. One-third of American children - 15 million - are being raised without a father, according to studies. I cannot and will not downplay the importance of a father in a child's life.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130723_Yo...
John Lee Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 23, 2013
We can blame government policies that started over 40 years ago. The welfare system took the place of the father in the family, and the break down of the moral values in the country made it acceptable.
It's not getting any better. I now have 2 gay gal friends who are having turkey-baster babies. Dads? They don't need no stinkin' dads!
Ghedi Sam Ollie

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 23, 2013
Black women have many unwanted babies. I am daddy of 8 little Somali. I get $600 a month free food. Very good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats call for impeachment 5 hr silly rabbit 42
Davy crockett fake news 6 hr Hillary LOST 2
Slimeball Trump 7 hr Space ace 21
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 7 hr LIbEralS 590
Bethal University snowflakes Mon LIbEralS 13
Harvard Professor Working to Impeach Trump Mon Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
Citizen Of The Year Mon Batch 37 Pain Is ... 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance