Petters attorney decries 'rush to judgment'

Full story: TwinCities.com

Tom Petters is not Osama bin Laden, his attorney said in an ad-hoc meeting with reporters today.

Comments (Page 134)

Showing posts 2,661 - 2,680 of15,122
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Laser

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Fidelis board Chairman was Craig Howse, Vennes's attorney who was treated like a dog all the time he worked with Vennes

http://www.startribune.com/business/33420309....
Note

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

It is the Howse Vennes issues that is noted as where Vennes knew about Petters impending doom 7 months prior to it transpiring.

Regardless of his efforts in plausible deniability, if CH knew 7 months earlier

He is guilty of 18 USC 1346 Honest Services Fraud

Violation of 18 USC 4 MisPrision of a Felony

Obstruction of Justice
and
Conspiracy to Defraud.

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Speaking of Mr. Howse, I wonder what's happened to Hope Commons?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hope Commons is a half a block down from Chicago Commons where former Councilman Zimmermann was informed he was under investigation.... coincidence - the bridge to Enchanted Island goes over the Zimmerman pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
hearsay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Noteworthy wrote:
To all those who doubt about Vennes issues
Please note the following.
Vennes is giving back items to the Receiver without being indicted
A Specious event of the highest Order
Vennes is having his associates go around and tell everyone he is not a person of interest and they will get back 80 to 90% on the dollar
Purportedly Vennes is telling persons NOT to send him interest payments that are due.
If such is true, he is Obstructing Justice and coercing those parties to become complicit in stealing from the "Received" Estate.
Everyone is wondering if they are going to receive any "questionable" 1099's, that are now Over Due (Jan 31 is the deadline)
So, is this to say people are continuing to invest in PGI and PGW? That FV is actively seeking NEW investors? Or that FV is telling former investors they will eventually get back what they initially invested?
hearsay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

hearsay wrote:
<quoted text>
So, is this to say people are continuing to invest in PGI and PGW? That FV is actively seeking NEW investors? Or that FV is telling former investors they will eventually get back what they initially invested?
Sorry, that was a stupid question, forget it and forgive me.
Laser

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

I am not highly educated and my writing skills lack the proper training to convey things succinctly and proficiently - often.

No one is investing now (hopefully)- what is transpiring, they are being assauged from the anxieties by false promises of good things to come.

So much bad faith dealings have transpired, it is hard to bring the investors and participants back from the void.

Word is FV may not get prosecuted until March (when the New US Attorney is assigned)

Others proffer the skuttle-butt that FV has made a deal to seal Petters fate. One would think there is enough evidence there already.

A shrewd strategem would be to protect the Politico's that are vested in FV by making sure he does not go down -

For sure he could do them harm - from his pardon buddy and many others.
Captain

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Lots of great info laser

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Laser wrote:
A shrewd strategem would be to protect the Politico's that are vested in FV by making sure he does not go down.
Speaking of...

http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/...

More here:

http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contri...

Have the receiver and creditors tried to get these contributions returned?
Laser

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Thanks Cap;

Avi

As it has been deeply discussed, no one can get ANYTHING returned.

The RECEIVER is Illegal

A Federal Receiver can only be appointed due to an equity position the Government is losing on (such as IRS, SEC, EPA, FDIC etc)

This Receiver was appointed under FRCP 65 (Fed Rule Civil Proc 65)
http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/Rule65....

As you can see by the American Bar Association Link on my website - once a Bankruptcy transpires the Receiver becomes moot.

http://petters-fraud.com/ABA2005detailsonFedR...

They looked at my eToys case and Traub's history and see how he, MNAT, Bain and others skated through - even after they basically confessed to Perjury and Fraud - discussed it with the US Trustee's office and have decided that there is not enough Power (or intelligence) out there to defeat them
Note

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

The Receiver's original task was to make sure assets did not vanish and to preserve evidence (such as paper work and banking records)

He is entitled to have $3 million a year in fees

Not the $1 million plus, that he is on the record of now.

He should be doing Monthly fee and expense requests.

He should be providing a DETAILED report

The paltry excuse he provided in his first report and the Judge rubber stamped is a SHAM.
Laser

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

The Receiver and the Bankruptcies (should be 2 separate), once all the forensic accounting has transpired - will start a procedure, that the Courts' will approve - to start after all contributions,- interest payments and such - where you cannot allow profit on Ponzi schemes and every Politico - etc -

should be giving back any donation

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Thanks again.
Finally

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

We are waiting for someone to hire a National lawfim with extensive Bankruptcy savy.

Ritchie Capital should be Objecting to the appointment of the Receiver seizing and selling everything by his own (Private) methods.

Stalking Horse bids are a CRIME (in order to be THE bid - you have to be dealing inside - who decided who gets to be the bidder - MJ???- or DK??

The stalking horse bidder establishes a Break up fee - so number pulled out of the hat that they believe they can get away with where once they are not the Final, successful bidder, they get a fee as a reimbursement as first bidder (Originally - purportedly - to cover due diligence costs)

That was the Job I was hired to do, to make sure there was no stalking horse B S going on...

I made counts of goods kosher and usually could read through the fine print on efforts to pervert the net return to the debtor or creditors.

---------

The Circuit Courts need to be tested on this new avenue of Receiver - that the Bankruptcy Code was supposed to make moot.

WHAT Happens if Petters is found Not Guilty

I know it is a far fetched idea

But the one thing Hopeman did nail down in his brief - The Government is Jumping the gun and presuming a Guilty verdict.

If this Receiver B S gets established as an acceptable doctrine (like stalking horse bidding)

It is like the RICO statute and local police.

They catch you with a prostitute in your car and then seize and forfeit your vehicle (most people originally did not fight it because they were too embarrassed)

The Courts said NO to that because it is a dangerous place to be - having the government as prosecutor , arrestor and pre convicting agent - seizing and selling your assets.

The IRS, SEC or FDIC first have to prove in Court that you did not pay your legal obligation - and then forfeit your assets to cover the debt.
News Break

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Again, the Receiver making friends with local powerhouses - motions and gets approval to give up half of Petters interest in Welsh for only $1 and payment of back rents with new lease agreements.

B S of the highest Order

The Magazine was sold by the Receiver's non public efforts and this R E is being sold the same way.

Kosher is as kosher does!
News Break

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Plus Larry Reynolds details

New links on www.petters-fraud.com
What at id 543

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Among the remarks that LR was talking to Petters to handle the issues of Asherian (really curious what that relationship is)- WE did remark the following which is relative to the Welsh issues

Exactly! Alibi, you must get your law degree! You are too smart to be a paralegal! Salmen was disciplined and put on probation a few years ago for lying under oath. He is very shady! That is exactly what they did with SC. If you remember, Salmen was made CEO of SC again, just a few months after he sold it to Petters. When the Feds started their investigation of Salmen, they brought in the new CEO for SC. Salmen was the bankruptcy attorney for Schaefer who owns the Wild Onion in St. Paul. They hid the assets from Wild Onion during the bankruptcy and Salmen then became partners with Schaefer. Now is that legal? For your bankruptcy attorney to help you hide assets, then become a partner in the business? Also, Salmen, his real name is T Jay Salmen. Sometimes he will use Jay Salmen as his name, then he will use T Salmen. He also owned property in FL with Schaefer. Now the property has been sold to a Mr. Hess, who lives in Eden Prairie. He made quite a profit on the deal. Mr. Hess, along with Welsh Companies are in deep with Petters. We all think that this case is taking so long to unravel, but the Feds, everytime they turn around, another scandel is revealed.

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

http://petters-fraud.com/Jan29_09_Order_appro...

"7. FRANK E. VENNES JR. dba (doing business as).... Hope Commons"

Interesting. I haven't noticed that before.

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Avidor wrote:
http://petters-fraud.com/Jan29 _09_Order_approving_DK_Motion_ 2transfer_RE_4oneDollar.pdf
"7. FRANK E. VENNES JR. dba (doing business as).... Hope Commons"
Interesting. I haven't noticed that before.
Hennepin County's record on Hope Commons:

http://i40.tinypic.com/a47b4w.jpg
Captain

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

News Break wrote:
Plus Larry Reynolds details
New links on www.petters-fraud.com
This could be a really stupid question but why cant the courts just tell LR and the others to get jobs to pay for their expenses? They've already plead guilty so it's not like there is a question as to whether the funds for their allowances is coming from ill gotten funds. With LR he somehow used a stolen asset (house) as collateral for bail so not only are the creditors paying for his freedom they are also paying for his expenses. In all fairness the option should be living on the street unless they can earn a living selling shoes like DC or going to jail. That's just my opinion. Sorry to sound like a Strib poster but the longer I see them living off stolen money the more I shake my head.
Laser

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Cap

Mind-boggling is an understatement.

There are veiled agenda's going on here -

until they rear their head - we will remain in the dark.

This week should be interesting - the BK Court has avoided making a ruling on the Receiver.

As for the payment of expenses, the logic is the bills must be paid as they are basically under house arrest (at least LR)

LR is more likely to run than any other - he is up their in years (unless they have been promised a real short term and probation)

This week, once Holder is confirmed,

promises items anew.

Including FV's return from out of state

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,661 - 2,680 of15,122
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
3 women shot in north Minneapolis back yard; on... 7 min cantmakeitup 7
OBAMA: I'm Not Interested in Photo-Ops 31 min cantmakeitup 30
Black Power advocates emerge 57 min John gotti 6
Obama sips beer, shoots pool during night out 1 hr Black Power 2
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr litesong 31,768
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr IND 26,163
Get away from the cities and all the crime 3 hr Bellweather 1
•••
•••