Obama sworn in to second term

Obama sworn in to second term

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 20, 2013
President Barack Obama was officially sworn into a second term at a private event at the White House Sunday just before noon, with Chief Justice John Roberts administering the oath of office. The ceremonial inauguration will take place Monday.

His right hand held high, Obama recited the 35-word oath and officially launched the second four years of his presidency. He was surrounded by first lady Michelle Obama and his daughters Malia and Sasha in the Blue Room, which overlooks the South Lawn.

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” Obama said, repeating after Roberts. The president’s left hand rested on a the Robinson bible, which the first lady’s father gave to her grandmother on Mother’s Day in 1958.

“Congratulations, Mr. President,” Roberts said, shaking Obama’s hand.

“Thank you, Mr. Chief Justice. Thank you so much,” Obama said.

Turning to the first lady, he could be heard saying:“Thank you, sweetie.” He then hugged daughters Malia and Sasha.

“Good job, daddy,” Sasha, 11, told her father.“I did it,” he said back to her.“You didn’t mess up,” she said back to him, before Obama led his family out of the room.
Pig Lady

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Inauguration Day is a celebration of the American system of government. A peaceful transition of power after the people have had their voices heard.

Many on these threads demean it because "their guy" didn't "win". Shame on them.
could be fun to watch

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 20, 2013
Pig Lady wrote:
Inauguration Day is a celebration of the American system of government. A peaceful transition of power after the people have had their voices heard.
Many on these threads demean it because "their guy" didn't "win". Shame on them.
Maybe Lady GaGa will wear her machine gun bra. That should give all the lib types a Chris Matthews tingle up their leg!
Pig Lady

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 20, 2013
could be fun to watch wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Lady GaGa will wear her machine gun bra. That should give all the lib types a Chris Matthews tingle up their leg!
Aren't you the same guy that called Madonna Obama's "youth minister"?

lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 Injured In North Minneapolis Shooting 4 hr Knock off purse s... 1
Sued in small claims court in different state 8 hr rspirate 1
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Sep 27 FaIth Breeds Stup... 35,579
Statewide protective agency (Oct '15) Sep 26 Troy 34
News Fmr. Prior Lake Youth Pastor Charged With Havin... Sep 26 Paris Hilton 24
Sick hillary Sep 25 LIbEralS 11
News Ramsey County / Meth dealer's motives in sting ... (Aug '08) Sep 24 Lynnhollenbeck 13

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages