First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#1 May 2, 2013
Really? They want more money.

They make $32,000 for a 5 month per year job right now. That is the equivalent of $76,800 per year PLUS per deium PLUS benefits PLUS pension.

The requested raise takes the job to the equivalent of $100K. These dorks think they are worth that?

They are anything but efficient and productive at their jobs. Everytime you turn around, you have another example of a lawmake being wasteful with the tax dollars they have been entrusted to safeguard.

I say they do not deserve a raise. In fact, fire them all.

When was the last time that a Minnesota Tax Payer got a raise (meaning paying less in taxes)? I am going to go out on a limb and say it has been 30 years.

You want a raise? You are lucky to have a job.

----------

Minnesota lawmaker pay raise rests with joint panel

Associated Press
05/02/2013 06:35:15 AM CDT

A pay raise plan for Minnesota elected officials is a key point of difference as a House-Senate panel begins negotiations on a state agency budget bill.

The state Senate approved its bill containing pay raises for legislators, the governor and agency commissioners. The House didn't broach the lawmaker pay topic when passing its bill.

The Tuesday, May 2, conference committee hearing is the first of several expected before a state agency budget bill is finalized.

Lawmakers haven't seen their base pay rise in more than a decade. If enacted, the raises wouldn't kick in until 2015. For legislators, the initial bump would be about $10,000 as part of a proposal to tie their wages to the governor's pay.

The governor would see successive 3 percent raises and inflation-adjusted salary hikes after that.

http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_2315459...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#3 May 2, 2013
They are supposed to be public servants, not profiteers. They should STFU and be glad they have jobs they can't be fired from. Don't they do this dance every year?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4 May 2, 2013
I am extremely disappointed they didn't ask for and give themselves more. These are hardworking, highly skilled individuals who jump immediately when the Party boss say to and sit just as promptly,,, I might add, so does my Lab, and she making less shit than these people!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#5 May 2, 2013
1) Unicameral Legislators.

2) Bi Annual Legislative Sessions.

3) No more "Drug Addicted Silver Spoon Trust Fund Babies, who have Fauched up their eyes and brains", allowed to run for Governor, or any other Office!

Fixed!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#6 May 2, 2013
Oh, And if the extent of the Governors "Family" is 2 dogs and No Woman!....Cannot get on the Ballot.

Fixed!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 2, 2013
So the legislature is going to pass a huge pay cut in the form of higher taxes for all Minnesota taxpayers, and vote themselves a huge pay increase in the same session.

Brilliant.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#8 May 2, 2013
REWRITING REALITY, again !!???

non-starter wrote: I found it, you just won't publish that you got it off Yahoo or Wiki answers ....

THEN the lies began, LMAOROTFU~!

non-starter wrote: No, I guessed, because you weren't forthcoming with your source

OR MY NEW FAVORITE-

non-starter wrote: I found similar postings on Yahoo answers and Wiki answers

You posted to the urban dictionary to support your position...It's called tampering and you're clearly a duplicitous/dishonest POS... Have a nice lie... Oh sorry, I surely meant life.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#9 May 2, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
REWRITING REALITY, again !!???
non-starter wrote: I found it, you just won't publish that you got it off Yahoo or Wiki answers ....
THEN the lies began, LMAOROTFU~!
non-starter wrote: No, I guessed, because you weren't forthcoming with your source
OR MY NEW FAVORITE-
non-starter wrote: I found similar postings on Yahoo answers and Wiki answers
You posted to the urban dictionary to support your position...It's called tampering and you're clearly a duplicitous/dishonest POS... Have a nice lie... Oh sorry, I surely meant life.
Translation: Bushwhacker proven to be wrong again, posts things from his alternate reality to make himself feel better. Notice the relevance to the current topic. I vote for Bushwhacker, Topix's 2013 Mr. Irrelevant.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 2, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
They make $32,000 for a 5 month per year job right now. That is the equivalent of $76,800 per year PLUS per deium PLUS benefits PLUS pension.
The requested raise takes the job to the equivalent of $100K. These dorks think they are worth that?
They are anything but efficient and productive at their jobs. Everytime you turn around, you have another example of a lawmake being wasteful with the tax dollars they have been entrusted to safeguard.
When was the last time that a Minnesota Tax Payer got a raise (meaning paying less in taxes)? I am going to go out on a limb and say it has been 30 years.
----------
Associated Press
A pay raise plan for Minnesota elected officials is a key point of difference as a House-Senate panel begins negotiations on a state agency budget bill.
The state Senate approved its bill containing pay raises for legislators, the governor and agency commissioners. The House didn't broach the lawmaker pay topic when passing its bill.
The Tuesday, May 2, conference committee hearing is the first of several expected before a state agency budget bill is finalized.
Lawmakers haven't seen their base pay rise in more than a decade. If enacted, the raises wouldn't kick in until 2015. For legislators, the initial bump would be about $10,000 as part of a proposal to tie their wages to the governor's pay.
The governor would see successive 3 percent raises and inflation-adjusted salary hikes after that.
So the legislature is going to pass a huge pay cut in the form of higher taxes for all Minnesota taxpayers, and vote themselves a huge pay increase in the same session.

Brilliant.

Rogers, MN

#11 May 2, 2013
non-starter wrote:
Brilliant.
Of course. If you're going to raise taxes, you have an obligation to your fellow legislators to make sure they are not adversely affected.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#12 May 2, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. If you're going to raise taxes, you have an obligation to your fellow legislators to make sure they are not adversely affected.
cant, we have both been in agreement on this topic for a very long time now.

Vote everyone of those SOBs out of office. I would rather be have a bunch of middle school children running things than these clowns.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#13 May 2, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote everyone of those SOBs out of office. I would rather be have a bunch of middle school children running things than these clowns.
Haahehhohihehhahahah!

Watch Channel 17 on the Government Stations.

"a bunch of middle school children running things"

That is WHO is in control of the Checkbook in Minnesotastan!

A bigger group of Functional Retards cannot be found in a singel location than when Minnesotastan's Legislatures are in Session.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#14 May 2, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
----------
Associated Press
"They" are hogs at meal time.

100% DFL controlled state Government: The "Dinner Bell" has sounded.

Rogers, MN

#15 May 2, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't figure out why the general public can't see through this nonsense. Be it county, state, or federal level, they are quite incorrigible. Sex scandals, money scandals, "tweeting" scandals and on and on. And yet they get re-elected time and time again. It's very disheartening.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#16 May 2, 2013
Yep, dumb Batshit, should be any intelligent man's mantra....
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#17 May 2, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't figure out why the general public can't see through this nonsense. Be it county, state, or federal level, they are quite incorrigible. Sex scandals, money scandals, "tweeting" scandals and on and on. And yet they get re-elected time and time again. It's very disheartening.
There is no Constitutional restriction on "Limiting the Terms" of Elected Officials.

The TEA Party needs to make this a Mantra for 2014 and 2016.

We have all heard the Political Elite declare that "Elections" are Term Limits.

But today in America, a Scumbag like Nancy Palosi or Hairy Reed, who have purchased their "positions" with their Local Electorate, now destroy our Constitution because they have "Held on" long enough, and enriched their Constituents well enough, that they are "National Leaders based on Seniority.

These people were not corrupted by Power.....they are Demokrats that are Corrupted by Nature.

I use the Demokrats to illustrate, but the Republican Power Elite are as bad or worse, than the Demokrat Defectives....(It is just that the Republicans are not Emotional Midgets with an agenda as Victims like yer basic Demokrat is.)
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#19 May 3, 2013
You said unions are gone, were you lying then or now ???
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#20 May 3, 2013
Man you want to view hogs pigging out?

Watch the Legislature in action..

Slop up the tax dollars.

$2,600,000,000 in NEW TAXES!!

Oh sheet I almost forgot the new taxation will be MORE FAIR.. While taking $2,600,000,000 MORE in across the board NEW TAXES..

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#21 May 3, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Man you want to view hogs pigging out?
Watch the Legislature in action..
Slop up the tax dollars.
$2,600,000,000 in NEW TAXES!!
Oh sheet I almost forgot the new taxation will be MORE FAIR.. While taking $2,600,000,000 MORE in across the board NEW TAXES..
Here is the address, you will have to sign a waiver and prove you can defend yourself. I can have them waive the guest fee!
6511 Ware Road, Circle Pines, anytime after 6 and before 8. You do have at least a Green Belt right? You need help with money for an airline ticket? Cash in some of that IMMR stock you keep bragging about! Come on Step up little one! Be A MAN! Show me you have some balls!
Smurt L

Seattle, WA

#22 May 3, 2013
... most of the morning flights I take into Sea-Tac,...

SO, you visit my city frequently, but couldn't make a dojo meeting UNTIL YOUR BALLS DESCEND ?? Funny, you've been claiming you left, but now you're just ALWAYS frightened, huh ??? LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 9 min Obskeptic 60
No mention of radical Islam in FBI threat report 9 min Einer Joe Hansen ... 1
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 21 min Obskeptic 32,463
oh it smoking 39 min cantmakeitup 2
Dem senator claims male colleague told her: Don... 44 min cantmakeitup 22
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 4 hr Delores 12
Abbott Northwestern Hospital any good? 8 hr Hybrid 15
•••
•••
•••