Montana

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Democrats’ top candidate to fill the seat of retiring Montana Sen. Max Baucus dropped out Saturday, adding to his party’s challenge to keep control of the chamber next year.

Former Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer said he doesn’t want to leave his home state for Capitol Hill and felt compelled to consider a run only because many in his party said they needed him.

"I love Montana,” he said.“I want to be here. There are all kinds of people that think I should be in the U.S. Senate. But I never wanted to be in the U.S. Senate. I kicked the tires. I walked to the edge and looked over."

Republicans need to pick up six seats to win back the majority. At the same time they must defend just 14 incumbents compared to 21 for Democrats. Among them are seven won by 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/14/ex...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Good! I know a number of people in Montana who really don't care for Democrats or Republicans.

“GiveMe Liberty or GiveMe Death”

Since: Jun 13

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
Good! I know a number of people in Montana who really don't care for Democrats or Republicans.
It's a libertarian minded state, that's for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE