Bimbo wins Beefsteak bread in Hostess Brands auction

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 4, 2013
Bimbo wins Beefsteak bread in Hostess Brands auction

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:43pm EST

Feb 28 (Reuters)- Mexico's Grupo Bimbo won the Beefsteak bread brand in an auction on Thursday from bankrupt company Hostess Brands Inc, after outbidding rival Flowers Foods Inc with an offer for $31.9 million, Hostess said.

The bid, by the world's largest bread maker, is still subject to approval by a U.S. bankruptcy court.

Hostess also confirmed on Thursday that Flowers, maker of Tastykake snacks, is set to buy other Hostess bread brands, including Wonder, Butternut and Home Pride for $360 million.

Hostess received permission late last year from a U.S. bankruptcy court to wind down its business and liquidate assets after 82 years, following a bakery union strike that paralyzed its operations.

Bimbo's U.S. brands include Entenmann's cakes, Arnold bread and Thomas' English Muffins. The Mexican company was also seen as a candidate to bid for Hostess's snack cake brands including Twinkies, sources told Reuters previously. That asset received an initial bid of $410 million from Apollo Global Management LLC and C. Dean Metropoulos & Co and will go to auction next month.
liBeRALs

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 4, 2013
Unless you have a fetish for baked goods, I fail to see what this post has to do with this forum.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 4, 2013
liBeRALs wrote:
Unless you have a fetish for baked goods, I fail to see what this post has to do with this forum.
Once again, they don't sell Home Pride and Wonder bread in Minnesota?
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 4, 2013
liBeRALs wrote:
Oh Topix, Minneapolis page content editor, what are the approved subjects to post on again? I forgot you had appointed yourself PIC(poster in charge) of content.
liBeRALs

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 4, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, they don't sell Home Pride and Wonder bread in Minnesota?
Not any more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denver Somali Girls Try to Join ISIS 10 min Sam Ollie 1
Autopsy reports on Ferguson Shooting 11 min cantmakeitup 1
First Lady To Rally Voters In Minneapolis 18 min cantmakeitup 4
Obama Owns Ebola 1 hr cantmakeitup 39
Woman Charged In Fatal Mpls. Strip Club Shooting 1 hr Prosperity Fundie... 2
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 hr Earthling-1 32,980
Where do you most obtain your news, particularl... 20 hr Heather Johnson 0
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs